Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Congratulations! You are doing awesome. So close to goal. I feel like I will never get there. I wish I had closer access to fills though, it would make it so much easier. Keep up the good work :)

Deb

You should do a fill on Dec 5th, it's a Friday. I'll be there getting a fill as well! I fly in at 8:30a and fly out at 2p, and my appointment is at 10:30a. We could split the cost of a rental car, LOL.

So I am getting a fill from Tom on the 13th!! YAY!!! I really need it!

Brandy~ does this work for you to pick me up still? I get in at 1:30, my fill is at 2:30, and I fly out at 5. Kind of tight I know, no time for RR either darn it!! But it is the cheapest flight I could find.

So I am getting a fill from Tom on the 13th!! YAY!!! I really need it!

Brandy~ does this work for you to pick me up still? I get in at 1:30, my fill is at 2:30, and I fly out at 5. Kind of tight I know, no time for RR either darn it!! But it is the cheapest flight I could find.

Lotz, Let me know if Brandy can't do it, maybe I could swing it.

OK ladies, I've got 8 days left. :):):)

I'm struggling a little with the whole "Drink 3 Protein supplements a day" rule.

I have several questions.

What are my options for protein supplements? Protein Powder mixed into skim milk? EAS low-carb Protein Shakes (or some other brand like Atkins or Slim Fast)? Those high protein 3oz bullets that we talked about a week ago mixed in with Crystal Light?

I'm going to need to do 3 of these per day, correct? Once I'm onto mushies, probably just one protein supplement a day, right? Or do I continue with the protein supplements 3 times a day until I'm on solid food?

Also, am I allowed to have SPLENDA at anytime?? I know they say to stay away from sugar, but certainly Splenda is OK?

Did I mention I'm freaking out here?????

Jme,

Dr. K told me I don't have to drink a Protein Shake between meals, if you want you can eat a protein snack instead, such as a cheese stick or small piece of chicken.

So I FINALLY hit the 25lb mark!! YAY!! I am calling today to see if I can get a fill on the 13th. I can't wait!

Lotza,

Congrats on the 25 lbs!:)

Hey everybody,

Here is a link to a lap banders diet using an exchange system. It was a big help for me.

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/weightmanagement/Postop%20lap%20band%20diet.aspx

Edited by Snowgator

Howdy...

Hey, I know some of you are wino's like me....how often do you imbibe? Just curious.

I know that my partaking of the fruit of the vine is in fact slowing down my loss, but I figure as long as I average 1-2 pounds a week I am still in the ball park and am enjoying my life. Do y'all think I am fooling myself?

I was down 39 lbs. this morning :)(that is since Aug. 1).

Where are Dork, Dee, Mal???Hey, guys, missin' you here:wink2:

So...had an *interesting* fill experience. My doc here talked w/ Dr. K on the phone and got the "down-low" from him. Dr. K felt comfortable with "Bob's Fill Service" (as my sister has happily named). So, he tried a few times, unsucessfully to get the right spot (were finding the port, but Fluid wouldn't come out). Plan was to extract all fluid and just re-insert new fluid + some. Well, after even using the ultrasound (which was a bust so don't pay for that) we realized he was just too low and found the spot. Interesting...I'm supposed to be filled to 3.4 cc, but only 2.8 came out (now I know that sometimes a SMALL amount of fluid is absorbed and sometimes a SMALL amount of fluid just stays put and won't come out so I'm not alarmed - unless some of you are and then I might look into it further). So he just put in the 3.4cc. Seems to be working so far. I "tested" the fill with Breakfast (my usual, cereal) and couldn't eat nearly as much as last week and I've been "stopped" from eating too much at meals - no PB's yet, but that's good, that means I've learned to stop before it happens.

Someone asked about all the Protein Shakes. I rarely drink them and when I do it's as a Meal Replacement. I KNOW I get enough from what I eat...I'm not as tight as the regular Joe out there (and that's my decision). I eat my Protein first and if I snack it's usually on something healthy (unless there's a Hershey bar around).

My prayer for us all: "Lord, may we have the strength this weekend to look at the chocolate, popcorn balls, and Starburst and say 'NO! I WILL NOT!' May we uplift each other in ways that we never thought imaginable. May we accept each other's faults and push each other to do better each day. Amen"

Thanks so much! Now...I've got to go pack for my weekend in Hawaii with my sisters! Oh, yes! Now quite ready for a bikini, but at least I'll get a tan and that's more than what could be said for anyone else out here in rural Alaska!! haha!

My prayer for us all: "Lord, may we have the strength this weekend to look at the chocolate, popcorn balls, and Starburst and say 'NO! I WILL NOT!' May we uplift each other in ways that we never thought imaginable. May we accept each other's faults and push each other to do better each day. Amen"

Thanks for the prayer, I know that I'm gonna need it (big time).

Howdy...

Hey, I know some of you are wino's like me....how often do you imbibe? Just curious.

I know that my partaking of the fruit of the vine is in fact slowing down my loss, but I figure as long as I average 1-2 pounds a week I am still in the ball park and am enjoying my life. Do y'all think I am fooling myself?

I was down 39 lbs. this morning :w00t:(that is since Aug. 1).

Where are Dork, Dee, Mal???Hey, guys, missin' you here:wink2:

Deb, I think you're doing great. You want a little wine, hey, enjoy!

So...had an *interesting* fill experience. My doc here talked w/ Dr. K on the phone and got the "down-low" from him. Dr. K felt comfortable with "Bob's Fill Service" (as my sister has happily named). So, he tried a few times, unsucessfully to get the right spot (were finding the port, but Fluid wouldn't come out). Plan was to extract all fluid and just re-insert new fluid + some. Well, after even using the ultrasound (which was a bust so don't pay for that) we realized he was just too low and found the spot. Interesting...I'm supposed to be filled to 3.4 cc, but only 2.8 came out (now I know that sometimes a SMALL amount of fluid is absorbed and sometimes a SMALL amount of fluid just stays put and won't come out so I'm not alarmed - unless some of you are and then I might look into it further). So he just put in the 3.4cc. Seems to be working so far. I "tested" the fill with breakfast (my usual, cereal) and couldn't eat nearly as much as last week and I've been "stopped" from eating too much at meals - no PB's yet, but that's good, that means I've learned to stop before it happens.

Someone asked about all the Protein Shakes. I rarely drink them and when I do it's as a meal replacement. I KNOW I get enough from what I eat...I'm not as tight as the regular Joe out there (and that's my decision). I eat my Protein first and if I snack it's usually on something healthy (unless there's a Hershey bar around).

Thanks so much! Now...I've got to go pack for my weekend in Hawaii with my sisters! Oh, yes! Now quite ready for a bikini, but at least I'll get a tan and that's more than what could be said for anyone else out here in rural Alaska!! haha!

Marcy, have a great time in Hawaii!!!

Sorry Munch! I didn't know you lived that close. What city are you in??

I live in the Quad Cities, which is about 3 hours away! I have lots of friends that live in Chicago.

Hello, ladies. Wow, busy busy day. DD and I went and picked out all the decorations for her wedding (it's Dec. 2oth). I think it will be quite stunning. Everything will be black and white except for touches of deep red (her dress has dark red roses embroidered on the bodice). The flowers are white asiatic lillies and dark red roses. Bridesmaids are wearing simple, full length black dresses and red necklaces and earrings. We're going to have candles on pedestals lining the aisle and a gazebo with tiny white lights, tulle, and flowers. We're also having two tall floor candelabra at the beginning of the aisle and flanking the gazebo. We're also putting several tall, thin pine trees in front of floor to ceiling windows decorated with white lights. Centerpieces: half will be very tall silver vases with lillies and roses, the other half will be cylinder vases with floating candles and submerged lillies.

what do you guys think? Any more ideas?

Deb - I'm a wino too. I try not to drink wine more than once or twice a week, but I do have .75 oz of vodka and diet cranberry every evening for my nightcap. Probably not the best thing for my weight loss, but I make sure and count the calories.

IAMAhotmamma (I've changed your name for you!) - glad to hear you had fun on your trip AND lost a pound. DAMN! Good job!!

Jaime - I have one Protein Drink a day. I actually really like it. I buy the slimfast low carb vanilla and heat it up in the microwave and sprinkle cinammon on top. It's kinda' like a vanilla latte. Not bad atall. But I definitely try to get my Protein from food.< /p>

Munchie, when is the wedding? How is your love life? When is the Marine Corp ball?

Hello, ladies. Wow, busy busy day. DD and I went and picked out all the decorations for her wedding (it's Dec. 2oth). I think it will be quite stunning. Everything will be black and white except for touches of deep red (her dress has dark red roses embroidered on the bodice). The flowers are white asiatic lillies and dark red roses. Bridesmaids are wearing simple, full length black dresses and red necklaces and earrings. We're going to have candles on pedestals lining the aisle and a gazebo with tiny white lights, tulle, and flowers. We're also having two tall floor candelabra at the beginning of the aisle and flanking the gazebo. We're also putting several tall, thin pine trees in front of floor to ceiling windows decorated with white lights. Centerpieces: half will be very tall silver vases with lillies and roses, the other half will be cylinder vases with floating candles and submerged lillies.

what do you guys think? Any more ideas?

Deb - I'm a wino too. I try not to drink wine more than once or twice a week, but I do have .75 oz of vodka and diet cranberry every evening for my nightcap. Probably not the best thing for my weight loss, but I make sure and count the calories.

IAMAhotmamma (I've changed your name for you!) - glad to hear you had fun on your trip AND lost a pound. DAMN! Good job!!

Jaime - I have one Protein drink a day. I actually really like it. I buy the slimfast low carb vanilla and heat it up in the microwave and sprinkle cinammon on top. It's kinda' like a vanilla latte. Not bad atall. But I definitely try to get my protein from food.< /p>

Munchie, when is the wedding? How is your love life? When is the Marine Corp ball?

Puff Mama-I am not going to the Marine Corp ball due to the whole mom issue...but things in the love life area are looking up. I get to see comedian guy next week....I am so excited! I really like him.:):tt1: But I have been telling my sister that I need to get over it...with the traveling and the distance, it is so not feasible, and I don't want to get my little heart broken! But he is so darn cute that I can't help myself!!

Puff Mama-I am not going to the Marine Corp ball due to the whole mom issue...but things in the love life area are looking up. I get to see comedian guy next week....I am so excited! I really like him.:):tt1: But I have been telling my sister that I need to get over it...with the traveling and the distance, it is so not feasible, and I don't want to get my little heart broken! But he is so darn cute that I can't help myself!!

ARGH! So your mom is still going? Crap!

How fun to see comedian guy again . . . hope it goes well!

Yup, you guessed it. Scratchy throat, sneezing, coughing, general body aches. I'm getting sick. And my surgery is in 6 days.

What do I do?!?!?! If I call Dr. K will he call in a prescription for me to wipe out this cold I'm coming down with? Sheesh, is there even a medication I can take to wipe out a cold before it really starts??? Because I don't think they can do my surgery if I've got a cold, can they?!?!?

:):):crying::crying::unsure::scared2::crying::crying:

Edited by jmegirl

Yup, you guessed it. Scratchy throat, sneezing, coughing, general body aches. I'm getting sick. And my surgery is in 6 days.

What do I do?!?!?! If I call Dr. K will he call in a prescription for me to wipe out this cold I'm coming down with? Sheesh, is there even a medication I can take to wipe out a cold before it really starts??? Because I don't think they can do my surgery if I've got a cold, can they?!?!?

:):):crying::crying::unsure::scared2::crying::crying:

OH NO!!! Get Zicam. Right now. It should knock it out in a few days.