Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I'm here! Just tryin' to catch up at work after being gone on two different trips in two weeks . . .

Brandy, congrats on the 7 lbs. When is your appt again?

Well hurry up and catch up so WE can all catch up. I am going through withdrawals, I miss you guys so much!!!!!

Well hurry up and catch up so WE can all catch up. I am going through withdrawals, I miss you guys so much!!!!!

I'm hurrying! I promise!!!!

Hi all:

Just need a place to vent. I have been eating horribly lately. I have been depressed and can't stop eating all the wrong foods. I have also been sick with Bronchitus (sp?) and that is a horrible combination for me. When I am sick and depressed, all I want to do is eat. I feel myself falling off the wagon. I hope I can get back on before I start gaining.

I just got a final bill from my ER visit in July after my surgery with Dr. K. Dee, you remember my call that night with chest pains!!! Well, hold on to your hats, but that visit was $12,500:confused:. That doesn't even include the cost of the radiologist to read my ct scan and some other doctor fee. THAT IS MORE THAN MY WHOLE SURGERY WITH DR. K!!!!! I called them and they said they will mail me a hardship application but I don't know how much it will cover. How am I supposed to pay that. Money is soooo tight right now. I can't understand how one er visit can cost sooo much.

What hurts about being so broke that if I get a job, I will start losing my social security benefits, my kids medical card and my daughters financial aid (depending on how much I would make). I am trying to cut out expenses but it isn't working out to well. I am stuck with a cell phone contract that I tried to get out of but they won't give me a break. Well I could go on and on but I know alot of you out there are in the same boat. I just needed to talk. I don't really have anyone to talk to.

I really need to stop eating:sad::thumbup::sad::)

Hi all:

Just need a place to vent. I have been eating horribly lately. I have been depressed and can't stop eating all the wrong foods. I have also been sick with Bronchitus (sp?) and that is a horrible combination for me. When I am sick and depressed, all I want to do is eat. I feel myself falling off the wagon. I hope I can get back on before I start gaining.

I just got a final bill from my ER visit in July after my surgery with Dr. K. Dee, you remember my call that night with chest pains!!! Well, hold on to your hats, but that visit was $12,500:confused:. That doesn't even include the cost of the radiologist to read my ct scan and some other doctor fee. THAT IS MORE THAN MY WHOLE SURGERY WITH DR. K!!!!! I called them and they said they will mail me a hardship application but I don't know how much it will cover. How am I supposed to pay that. Money is soooo tight right now. I can't understand how one er visit can cost sooo much.

What hurts about being so broke that if I get a job, I will start losing my social security benefits, my kids medical card and my daughters financial aid (depending on how much I would make). I am trying to cut out expenses but it isn't working out to well. I am stuck with a cell phone contract that I tried to get out of but they won't give me a break. Well I could go on and on but I know alot of you out there are in the same boat. I just needed to talk. I don't really have anyone to talk to.

I really need to stop eating:sad::thumbup::sad::)

Bella-

That doesn't sound right for an ER bill....did they give you an itemized bill? It was only $9000 for the bill when my idiot husband ran his truck into a tree, was a trauma alert, and was in the hospital as an inpatient for a day or two. Something is not right. I would question the charges.

I have been over mt. to our cabin for a few days. Missed several pages of post...oh, well....hope everyone is doing okay.

Put me down for losing 2 pounds last week. Slow, but steady here. At times when I know I could be doing better and losing faster, I get kind of disappointed in myself; however, then I remember that the "slip ups" I have made aren't life-altering, just little bumps and I can correct them the next day.

I think I need another fill, but am afraid of flying in general and really afraid of snow + flying, so am afraid of Denver! Driving a car in bad weather in a strange place isn't my idea of fun either. How is it there in the middle of Nov? Roads kept clear?

Deb,

November should be just fine. Really, when we get snow here it melts so quickly it is no big deal. Roads are kept clear, especially to/from the airport.

Where is everyone at? I miss you guys!!!!!!!! (Sniffle, sniffle....):thumbup:

Munch,

I tried to post last night. The website has been so slow, and it would not let me advance pages, so i just gave up.

Hi all:

I really need to stop eating:sad::):sad::)

Bella,

So sorry about your ER bills. It is just insane, isn't it. Hope things look up soon!

I had fun in Chicago on my trip, but didn't do too great eating. I think I need another fill since I still can eat way too much.

wow, Bella. I agree with Munchie. That just doesn't sound right. I had an ER visit the night I came home from surgery with a CT scan, etc. and it was maybe $4000 total or something. I would really question it.

Denver, I know whatcha' mean about not eating right while you're gone. I ate pizza in New York. And a hot dog. And ice cream. Twice. I was awful. I think I need another fill too.

And, Deb, Denver is right about the snow. Having lived in both Oregon and in a "snow state", the roads are MUCH better in winter in states that are used to dealing with snow than in places like Oregon. And November doesn't usually have much snow at all. And, of course, there is always the Super Shuttle.

Deb,

November should be just fine. Really, when we get snow here it melts so quickly it is no big deal. Roads are kept clear, especially to/from the airport.

Munch,

I tried to post last night. The website has been so slow, and it would not let me advance pages, so i just gave up.

Bella,

So sorry about your ER bills. It is just insane, isn't it. Hope things look up soon!

I had fun in Chicago on my trip, but didn't do too great eating. I think I need another fill since I still can eat way too much.

You were only a few hours away from me in Chicago?? I would have driven up there to meet you!! I'm bummed now!!

OK ladies, I've got 8 days left. :biggrin::blush::w00t:

I'm struggling a little with the whole "Drink 3 Protein supplements a day" rule.

I have several questions.

What are my options for protein supplements? Protein Powder mixed into skim milk? EAS low-carb Protein Shakes (or some other brand like Atkins or Slim Fast)? Those high protein 3oz bullets that we talked about a week ago mixed in with Crystal Light?

I'm going to need to do 3 of these per day, correct? Once I'm onto mushies, probably just one protein supplement a day, right? Or do I continue with the protein supplements 3 times a day until I'm on solid food?

Also, am I allowed to have SPLENDA at anytime?? I know they say to stay away from sugar, but certainly Splenda is OK?

Did I mention I'm freaking out here?????

OK ladies, I've got 8 days left. :biggrin::blush::w00t:

I'm struggling a little with the whole "Drink 3 Protein supplements a day" rule.

I have several questions.

What are my options for protein supplements? Protein powder mixed into skim milk? EAS low-carb Protein Shakes (or some other brand like Atkins or Slim Fast)? Those high protein 3oz bullets that we talked about a week ago mixed in with Crystal Light?

I'm going to need to do 3 of these per day, correct? Once I'm onto mushies, probably just one protein supplement a day, right? Or do I continue with the protein supplements 3 times a day until I'm on solid food?

Also, am I allowed to have SPLENDA at anytime?? I know they say to stay away from sugar, but certainly Splenda is OK?

Did I mention I'm freaking out here?????

Congratz on having 8 days left!! Don't freak out!! You'll make it and it will be the best thing you have ever done!!!

I'm not 100% sure on the 3 protein supplements a day, but I drink 2 shakes and get the rest from food. I believe that splenda is fine, and have as much as you want.

So I FINALLY hit the 25lb mark!! YAY!! I am calling today to see if I can get a fill on the 13th. I can't wait!

YAY LOTZA!!!!!! That has to feel wonderful. AND fitting into your jeans!

Congratulations. I'm really thrilled for you!:biggrin:

You were only a few hours away from me in Chicago?? I would have driven up there to meet you!! I'm bummed now!!

Sorry Munch! I didn't know you lived that close. What city are you in??

Hi All,

We are back from Cancun and had a FABULOUS time...here is a picture of the Family.

Hope everyone is well, sounds like it from the posts.

Mini, I am down another pound, for being on vacation thats pretty good.

Ok can't post the pic will try later.

I am down 7 total...from this week? Nope, the whole challenge.

From my last fill, I am doing awesome though!!! Excited because I only have 13 more until goal!!! YAY!!! I am hoping that WHEN ins. pays for my TT, I will be down to goal and then can have a little wiggle room!

Congratulations! You are doing awesome. So close to goal. I feel like I will never get there. I wish I had closer access to fills though, it would make it so much easier. Keep up the good work :)

Deb