Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Wow, your parents are being pretty harsh. Damn. I wouldn't be happy if one of my kids were going to Iraq either, but I certainly wouldn't want to quit communicating with them, etc. In fact, I'd probably want to hear from them more often than ever!

Your poor sister must be really upset. Sorry Munchkin. I'd have a big martini if I were you. :omg_smile:

Yep, she is pretty upset, and she is a tough little cookie most of the time. I don't understand how they can be so hurtful to her. Like you said, even I am not happy she is going, but that just makes me want to be able to spend more time with her in case something were to happen.

Welcome! Glad to have you here Magaines!

Munch, sorry for the parents angst..what a tough situation for everybody! hang in there

Brandy, glad to hear u r feeling better.

Mal: good to hear from u again. I don't think 6:30 would be a problem on 23rd. I have no idea where this place is in relation to airport. I just have to get the rental car back and board the plane that leaves at 9:30. I figure I don't have to check in that early for a flight that late and with no luggage.

Okay, so now i am po'ed... New scales, right? Been doing my regular weigh in. Last weekend I got on and off six times to dispel my fog as it read way too little. Finally I got the same number three times in a row. So, it's gotta be right!Right?Wrong....Two days later it is reading 11 pounds more!!:omg_smile::w00t::scared2: With lasix!! Hell, I have no idea how much I weigh or have lost now. Anyone else had issues with their digital "pals"? So disheartening.:tongue2:

How can one not lose weight on a variety of daily caloric intake that can be 550 to 900 a day!! I know I have to move, too, but gawd a snail could lose weight on those numbers:scared2:

Any advice?

Oh no!!! That sounds awful. Crud. Maybe new batteries will help. Mine seems to be pretty consistent. Slow, slow, slow. Consistently slow. Sigh.

Oh, one more thing. This sipping Water thing between meals: I can't get nearly the water I had before. I am not a sipper. Can we just drink water in between meals like a normal person if we aren't grazing? I eat 2-3 meals a day. Might have one snack: sugarfree Jello, sf pudding, sf popsicle..something like that. I prefer drinking water to eating that stuff, so as long as I have stopped drinking 30 minutes before a meal, can I DRINK water? Anyone wanna check in on this.

I always chug my water. I'm just not a sipper. I force myself to wait 30 minutes after a meal and then I drink 20 oz in about 5 minutes!

dee, I wish I had your motivation. I have such a tough time getting my ass off the couch and moving.

Amen to that!! The only reason I got up today was because the 4th season of "Rescue Me" was already rented out!:omg_smile:

AH MUNCHKIN!!! :omg_smile:

I bet your parents are having a hard time dealing with this. It is a shock and I am sure that they are scared. Still...no excuse for them to treat your poor sister like that. They need to be thinking "What if?" and make this a good experience before hand.

Sorry that you are put in the middle.

Yep, she is pretty upset, and she is a tough little cookie most of the time. I don't understand how they can be so hurtful to her. Like you said, even I am not happy she is going, but that just makes me want to be able to spend more time with her in case something were to happen.

It must be so scary. :omg_smile:

AH MUNCHKIN!!! :omg_smile:

I bet your parents are having a hard time dealing with this. It is a shock and I am sure that they are scared. Still...no excuse for them to treat your poor sister like that. They need to be thinking "What if?" and make this a good experience before hand.

Sorry that you are put in the middle.

It's ok, I always seem to be put in the middle because my parents act like the kids and we act like the parents more often than not. My sister told me when she had to fill out POA papers for my nieces that the reason I was chosen to be POA is because I am the only reasonable, non-petty person in the family basically. It's sad, I tell ya!!

Hopefully, POA won't be necessary. Can you imagine how your parents would feel though if it were necessary.

One of my new quotes applies here:

"Sometimes you just need to take a nap and get over it"

Hopefully, POA won't be necessary. Can you imagine how your parents would feel though if it were necessary.

One of my new quotes applies here:

"Sometimes you just need to take a nap and get over it"

It seems a lot of people around me need to get over a lot of things lately. Seriously, I think they have all gone insane.:omg_smile:

Munchie!

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and parents. I know I would be really upset if my girl enlisted, but I would totally -- 100% support her. You're right, she is old enough to make her own decisions. As tough as it is to be a parent of a young adult, there comes a time when we have to just close our mouths, wipe our tears, bow our heads and pray for the best. I think sometimes, this is the most difficult time of parenting.

I am sure your poor sister just feels so hurt and sad. I'm glad she has you. If you think your sister wouldn't mind, I'd love to communicate with her, when she gets over there. I promise to not be too verbose. Just another person to let her know how much I appreciate her sacrifice!

Tomorrow is the anniversary of 9/11. I've thought about it a lot today and yesterday. Such a sad moment in our country's history.

On Monday, I said good-bye to a really good friend of mine. He left for Iraq. He's an RN and an excellent professor in the Springs.

Keep doing what you're doing Munchie, supporting your sister - she's lucky to have you in her corner!

hugs, dee~

Munch, Hopefully your parents will realize what jerks they are being and come around. If not it will make it that much harder while she is gone. What a hard decsion for your sister to make and not have the support of her family has to make it that much harder. Tell her thank you from all of us for the sacrifices she makes.

Hubby is going to the Qwest bldg, in denver tomorrow. A whole bunch of Firefighters go and climb up and down the stairs twice in full turn-outs with their bottles on to rmember 9/11. He did it last year and is so excited to do it again this year. He says it is a great way to remember his falling brothers, lost on that day. Please take a minute tomorrow to remember all the heros we lost that day.

I haven't even begun to look for a fill doctor, and I'm worried about the hunt for one. There are the Fill Centers USA people, but of the 3 offices that are "close" to me, the closest is still over a 2hr drive. I wish local doctors would do it, but I'm guessing that's off-limits for most of them. Which makes sense - I just wish it wasn't like that.

BTW, I love your Avatar title! Very cute!

I really feel for you out of town banders. It must be horrible to try to find someone to do your fills. Good Luck Jaime!

Brandy, I'm glad you are feeling better! I'd still call Dr. K., though just to tell him how you were feeling.

Tally, are you ready to go back to work tomorrow? I have no idea how I am going to stay awake all day.

I had scrambled eggs for Breakfast, yeah! :sad:

Scrambled eggs were my most fave! I ate them everyday until I started my detox and I have to confess, I don't miss anything, BUT eggs! I cannot wait to eat them on the 17th!!! YEAH!!!

Oh Dee...you sound like a hottie. Should have been living in So. Cal?!?

The said part, Brandy is "was" -- and during that time, I actually was pretty cute! BUT in my mind, I felt I wasn't! I always felt so ugly, fat and disgusting!

Hi! I would like to introduce myself. I am 49 yrs old, live in Aurora, and was also banded by Dr. K. I was refered to him by my daughters neighbor who is also a patient. I was banded on July 3, 2008, and would do it again. I've been reading your posts, and want to wish you all good luck.

Welcome Magaines! Don't be a stranger! Come and post with us anytime! We are the best forum in the entire universe!

dee, I wish I had your motivation. I have such a tough time getting my ass off the couch and moving.

Listen Mini-mousette! It's not that I'm motivated so much, it's more that I am so scared that I will fail at this Band business AND my big huge gigantic mouth has told everyone I know -- I don't want to be a failure in front of the whole world! THAT and I want to be a Hottie again! Once in my life!

I have a surgery date!!!!!!!!!

I am going to be banded by Dr. K at the Crown Point Surgery Center on Nov. 19th. I cannot wait!!!!!!!

YAY! :)

Welcome Allymb! November 19th sounds like a great day for your new birthday! You're going to love Dr. K! We all do!

Later Dudes,

luv,

dee~

Dee and Bahot-I also have thought a lot about tomorrow for the last couple of days. I will never forget that day as long as I live-so scary. I thought my boyfriend at the time was going to get called back to the Navy-he worked in Intelligence. And I have so many other military friends that had to go over there (many of them firefighters and paramedics I worked with). I thank God all the time they have all come back safe and sound. One of my friends crews was featured right at the beginning of the HBO documentary about the ER in Bahgdad. His crew was hit by an IED and two of them were killed. It could have easily been my friend.

I personally am PROUD of my sister for the decision she has made-it did not come easily, she has struggled with it for months. So yes, to not have the support of her own parents (who she gets along with much better than I do) is devastating for her. I fear this will damage their relationship forever.

Dee, she would love it if you wrote to her when she gets there. It means so much to the soldiers there to get communication from home. I actually got our unit to adopt a soldier as a unit project, and I collect things to send over for them.

Bahot-thank you for your support. Tell your hubby that I am thinking of him and his brothers tomorrow. I have spent enough time in the firehouse to know they are like family, and I was devastated on 9/11 when so many were killed in the line of duty.:) I can't imagine the pain those firefighters endured.

Guys, here is a really weird thing. My freshmen students were only 11-12 years old on 9/11. While I try not to dwell on it unduly on the anniversary, I always feel compelled to mention it, and then I'm just shocked when I realize how young they were and how confusing and awful it must have been for them. At least as adults we were able to sort through the information we were hearing, use coping skills to deal with the stress (I watched the news incessantly for days . . . I tend to seek information when I'm afraid), discuss it with others, etc. I think many parents tried to shelter their children (understandably) but now they have incomplete/incorrect info and just these shocking, scary memories of a horrible thing happening that they really didn't understand, etc.

It's just weird to think that something that was such a defining moment for the country probably won't be remembered by the students I'll have coming up in the next decade.

Guys, here is a really weird thing. My freshmen students were only 11-12 years old on 9/11. While I try not to dwell on it unduly on the anniversary, I always feel compelled to mention it, and then I'm just shocked when I realize how young they were and how confusing and awful it must have been for them. At least as adults we were able to sort through the information we were hearing, use coping skills to deal with the stress (I watched the news incessantly for days . . . I tend to seek information when I'm afraid), discuss it with others, etc. I think many parents tried to shelter their children (understandably) but now they have incomplete/incorrect info and just these shocking, scary memories of a horrible thing happening that they really didn't understand, etc.

It's just weird to think that something that was such a defining moment for the country probably won't be remembered by the students I'll have coming up in the next decade.

That is pretty wierd. I very clearly remember Oklahoma City also.