Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey Marcy,

You must be superwoman - taking care of 3 kids after surgery? I can't even motivate myself to go to the grocery store.

Mal, great to see you again. eggs were great, and for lunch had 2 small spoons each of tuna salad, canned carrots and applesauce. Yes, a lunch that would delight a toddler! It all went down fine and I am so pleased.

Hey Mini! I have become quite the "lurker", by the time I get caught up on all the posts, I either don't have time to post or I can't remember who and what I was going to post about!!! So, I am still around just incognito, did I spell that right???...oh well, you know what I mean!! Sneaky pants, that's me!

Deb~I will try to make it to the Great Atlanta bread CO after work, hopefully I won't get off too late! I wish you could bring your Tucker with ya'! oh, yeah I drink Water all the time, I chug it most of the time. The last time I was in to see Dr. K, he said that he wanted me to be able to chug water, I don't have a problem with it.

Dee & life~your starting BFL on the 17th? I'm going to try to get the book and start with you, maybe I'll check into it today after work. I need SOMETHING to get this weight moving again! I'm thinking about dropping my gym membership and joining the rec center. They have a lot more options as far as classes go, plus a pool, hot tub, sauna, etc. AND I think it would be just slightly more than what I am paying now???

Hey Denver! How were those eggs? yummm...I remember being terrified to start eating, but once I started I was fine. You go back to work tomorrow? My son is there today visiting. Thanks again for the tip about getting a size bigger on the t-shirt, he was able to wear the shirt I got him because it was bigger, that made me feel soooo good! I sent a poster full of postive affirmations with my son today and asked him to see if the nurses would allow him to hang it on the ceiling so he can read it over and over!

Hey Denise, I should try and find that list again about what we have lost in comparison to, that was a pretty fun list. I always think about Dee's comment about "how many human heads have you lost?"...LOL

Brandy~I think you should call Dr. K, I am curious as to what the heck that was all about? Hope you are feeling better.

Hey Miss Marcy! Hows life in AK? You made me crave some juicy Blueberries...they looked amazingly delicious, and your daughter is such a cutie!

gotta run!

Cheers!

Mal!!!

That would be great!

You know, I work out not far from your house! Maybe we could meet in the evening sometime or early early early morning and swim or work out. I can take 3 guest a month. I won a year's membership, any other way I wouldn't be there. It's such luxury!

I'm so happy you're going to join us on the BFL. Just think, in 12 weeks we could have changed our bodies for the better! The website has quite a lot of information if you can't get the book.

So I finally decided to try to get fills locally. I just don't have the time to spend they day going to Denver. So I go in tomorrow to the Surgical Weight Loss Center of Utah. Hopefully I will be able to lose a few more after this one than last time. They only charge $150 with a $100 new patient fee. At least it is in my price range.

Mal!!!

That would be great!

You know, I work out not far from your house! Maybe we could meet in the evening sometime or early early early morning and swim or work out. I can take 3 guest a month. I won a year's membership, any other way I wouldn't be there. It's such luxury!

I'm so happy you're going to join us on the BFL. Just think, in 12 weeks we could have changed our bodies for the better! The website has quite a lot of information if you can't get the book.

I am going to check out the BFL, the last time I checked into it, it seemed tough! I am heading out the door now to check it out. I'll check out the web site too, thanks!

ya' know...I haven't swam in soooo long, I don't think I can! You might have to teach me!!!

I am going to check out the BFL, the last time I checked into it, it seemed tough! I am heading out the door now to check it out. I'll check out the web site too, thanks!

ya' know...I haven't swam in soooo long, I don't think I can! You might have to teach me!!!

As a teen-ager, I was a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor.

I worked at Summer Camps in Southern NM, (the hottest place on earth!) teaching kids how to swim!

It was a blast AND I had the best tan and the blondest hair!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
i'm an idiot!

Hi! I would like to introduce myself. I am 49 yrs old, live in Aurora, and was also banded by Dr. K. I was refered to him by my daughters neighbor who is also a patient. I was banded on July 3, 2008, and would do it again. I've been reading your posts, and want to wish you all good luck.

I am so furious with my parents right now. My sister has decided to re-enlist in the Marine Corp, and she is going to be deployed to Iraq in January. My parents are mad at her for this and are acting like 12 year olds about it. They are basically ganging up on her (for lack of a better word) and have decided they aren't talking to her. They texted her a text that said "Good luck and we'll talk to you when you get back". She immediately started crying.

I called my mom after this text to basically ask her what the hell she is thinking treating her own daughter this way, and so of course she got all mad at me then, telling me that she wasn't going to argue about it with me, blah, blah, blah. I basically told her that my sister is 26 years old, can make her own decisions, and I hope for her sake nothing happens to her in Iraq because she will regret treating my sister like this for the rest of her life. I got hung up on for that one. This was after they told me my sisters husband (who they thought was the anti-Christ as little as a month ago) "deserved a medal for putting up with her".

They are not winning any "Parents Of The Year" awards with me tonight!!!!:scared2: Seriously, to all you parents out there, HOW could they treat her this way??? I think they have lost their minds! And they are going to alienate me in the process also because I am going to support her decisions no matter what!!:omg_smile:

So I finally decided to try to get fills locally. I just don't have the time to spend they day going to Denver. So I go in tomorrow to the Surgical Weight Loss Center of Utah. Hopefully I will be able to lose a few more after this one than last time. They only charge $150 with a $100 new patient fee. At least it is in my price range.

Let me know how it goes. If they do well without using fluoro, maybe I'll check them out.

Hi! I would like to introduce myself. I am 49 yrs old, live in Aurora, and was also banded by Dr. K. I was refered to him by my daughters neighbor who is also a patient. I was banded on July 3, 2008, and would do it again. I've been reading your posts, and want to wish you all good luck.

Welcome! You were banded the day after me!!

I am so furious with my parents right now. My sister has decided to re-enlist in the Marine Corp, and she is going to be deployed to Iraq in January. My parents are mad at her for this and are acting like 12 year olds about it. They are basically ganging up on her (for lack of a better word) and have decided they aren't talking to her. They texted her a text that said "Good luck and we'll talk to you when you get back". She immediately started crying.

I called my mom after this text to basically ask her what the hell she is thinking treating her own daughter this way, and so of course she got all mad at me then, telling me that she wasn't going to argue about it with me, blah, blah, blah. I basically told her that my sister is 26 years old, can make her own decisions, and I hope for her sake nothing happens to her in Iraq because she will regret treating my sister like this for the rest of her life. I got hung up on for that one. This was after they told me my sisters husband (who they thought was the anti-Christ as little as a month ago) "deserved a medal for putting up with her".

They are not winning any "Parents Of The Year" awards with me tonight!!!!:tongue2: Seriously, to all you parents out there, HOW could they treat her this way??? I think they have lost their minds! And they are going to alienate me in the process also because I am going to support her decisions no matter what!!:scared2:

Wow, your parents are being pretty harsh. Damn. I wouldn't be happy if one of my kids were going to Iraq either, but I certainly wouldn't want to quit communicating with them, etc. In fact, I'd probably want to hear from them more often than ever!

Your poor sister must be really upset. Sorry Munchkin. I'd have a big martini if I were you. :omg_smile:

Mal!!!

That would be great!

dee, I wish I had your motivation. I have such a tough time getting my ass off the couch and moving.