Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

And since it is fathers day.... just wanted to add a photo of me and Pops (my FIL). I absolutely adore this man. I have the most wonderful in-laws on the planet!! This was taken on Friday when we celebrated his Birthday. I baked him a cake and just HAD to pick up some fun pointy hats. :) :)

DSC00357.JPG?imgmax=800

Great pics, LA. And you look fabulous!

congrats to everyone on your weight loss . . . and if you didn't lose this week you know you will next week.

Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes about my dad. He's so happy right now. I think he was a lot more afraid that he was letting on.

I posted this on my site, tiedtobefit.com. I wanted to share it with all of you.

Dear Daddy,

Life goes on…

without you.

But a day doesn’t pass without you entering my thoughts. I miss you terribly.

I miss the way you used to tease me, your Big Bear Hugs and your deep deep voice.

I miss picking up the phone and hearing your voice say, “Steph?”

You’d be so proud of your first Grand-daughter. She’s a wonderful young lady and she remembers you fondly. We buried you on her first day of Kindergarten and she lost her other Grandpa on her last day of high school. She still speaks often of her Grandpas. She remembers when you used to steal her little snoopy and hide him in your shirt pocket. Snoopy’s head sticking out the top and you thanking her for him. I remember the way she would giggle and you’d laugh. Thank you for being there the day she was born. I remember everyone guessing her weight and no one was close, but you! How did you do that? Thank you for starting her little bank account the day she was born. I loved that you thought of her and was so consistent with your giving.

You were always such a tease. You were always making me laugh! Rodney and Roger do the same thing and there are times, I look at them and I see you. It makes me miss you more, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. They are just a little piece of you and I love that!

I loved the way you and I become so close just a year before you passed away suddenly in that accident. We will never understand what happened and perhaps, it’s not for us to know. I loved the way you and I would run our errands together. The time we went all over town looking for a baby crib to rent. You were so silly going to that lawn mower rental place and when I told you, “Daddy, they aren’t going to rent cribs here.” — the way you looked at me with that silly smirk. I still think you did that just to mess with me.Daddy, you would be so proud of me. I remember the time you talked to me about my weight and how worried you were about me. I remember you mentioning weight loss surgery. I was hurt by your words of concern. As you know, I felt I could do it on my own. Well, I took your advice, 17 years after you gave it to me - and I’ve lost almost 75lbs.

Of all my memories, my most special was the time, I came out of my apartment at 7am to go to work and found you waiting by my truck. Grandma had died and you wanted to tell me in person. I loved that you knew how much Grandma meant to me and hearing that news on the phone would have been so difficult.

Thanks for co-signing on my first truck. Thanks for being there when I needed to you drive me home after Grandma’s funeral and thank you for all of your hugs, kisses and love!I miss you Daddy

always,

your second daughter, me~

Hi Folks,

I worked all day today and when I came out of the hospital, I found a lovely day! The breeze was cool and fresh. I wanted to just find a place on the grass and just sit and enjoy the weather.

This has been a difficult Father's Day for me. Some years are not so bad, but this year, I had a hard time.

Thanks everyone for your updates on your weigh in. Brandy, I hate TOM too! You'll lose that extra weight next week. Woofay, I have no idea why we gain when we are on our best behavior and lose when we are being human! Bookholder and Dorkable, good job going in the right direction!

Marilyn! I am so sorry to hear about your sweet baby. Don't ever feel it was your fault. You loved your baby with all your heart, you would have never done anything like that. I've missed you. Please don't go away so long! We need you here, Mare! If you need a special RR meeting - I'm with Anita! Let's do it!

Munchkin! My heart just goes out to everyone in Iowa. How sad!

Graduating from a school in Lincoln, I traveled many times for Spring Break to Cedar Rapids. My Bestfriend's parents lived there. I pray they are okay. It reminded me of Katrina! Horrible!

Adorkable, I love your pictures! I never heard of a Heat Rainbow! I do love PHX tho. You're so cute with your FIL! What a nice guy! I'm sorry to hear about you losing your father to cancer.

Woofay! Thanks so much for all the clothes. There are many that I can use! I appreciate you thinking of me! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Deb! I hope I can meet you when you come for your surgery. Are you having surgery at Parker? I'm sorry if you answered this already! I might be in Lincoln Nebraska that week, but I'm not sure!

Mini! Hi Sweetness! Thanks for being such a consistent support of all of us here! I can't wait til you're banded on sitting next to me on the Loser's Bench! You're going to be such a BIG LOSER!

I love you all!

dee~:)

Edited by Tied2BFit

Dee~ I googled the rainbow... and I found out something interesting. It is actually a rare thing... it isn't a "heat rainbow". I was mis-informed. It is actually circumhorizontal arc. Found this photo and info HERE

060619-rainbow-fire_big.jpg

Known in the weather world as a circumhorizontal arc, this rare sight was caught on film on June 3 as it hung over northern Idaho near the Washington State border.

The arc isn't a rainbow in the traditional sense—it is caused by light passing through wispy, high-altitude cirrus clouds. The sight occurs only when the sun is very high in the sky (more than 58° above the horizon). What's more, the hexagonal ice crystals that make up cirrus clouds must be shaped like thick plates with their faces parallel to the ground.

When light enters through a vertical side face of such an ice crystal and leaves from the bottom face, it refracts, or bends, in the same way that light passes through a prism. If a cirrus's crystals are aligned just right, the whole cloud lights up in a spectrum of colors.

This particular arc spanned several hundred square miles of sky and lasted for about an hour, according to the London Daily Mail.

Dee~ Sorry it was a rough fathers day for you. This was one of the harder years for me also. I watched the Bucket List on Friday and it was one of the hardest movies EVER to watch. Jack Nicholas has some strong resemblance to my dad... and I kept thinking about him. Took all I had not to curl into a ball and cry. ((hugs))

Dee~ Sorry it was a rough fathers day for you. This was one of the harder years for me also. I watched the Bucket List on Friday and it was one of the hardest movies EVER to watch. Jack Nicholas has some strong resemblance to my dad... and I kept thinking about him. Took all I had not to curl into a ball and cry. ((hugs))

Oh! I am so sorry! If you had to curl into a ball and cry, I'd be right there beside you with a hug and the tissues.

That picture is gorgeous! Wow! One time years ago, when I was a kid growing up in NM, I remember seeing a rainbow cloud in the sky. I remember showing it to my Grandma. We both wondered what it was.

I wonder if it was the same thing. Thanks!!!

I posted this on my site, tiedtobefit.com. I wanted to share it with all of you.

Dear Daddy,

Life goes on…

without you.

But a day doesn’t pass without you entering my thoughts. I miss you terribly.

I miss the way you used to tease me, your Big Bear Hugs and your deep deep voice.

I miss picking up the phone and hearing your voice say, “Steph?”

You’d be so proud of your first Grand-daughter. She’s a wonderful young lady and she remembers you fondly. We buried you on her first day of Kindergarten and she lost her other Grandpa on her last day of high school. She still speaks often of her Grandpas. She remembers when you used to steal her little snoopy and hide him in your shirt pocket. Snoopy’s head sticking out the top and you thanking her for him. I remember the way she would giggle and you’d laugh. Thank you for being there the day she was born. I remember everyone guessing her weight and no one was close, but you! How did you do that? Thank you for starting her little bank account the day she was born. I loved that you thought of her and was so consistent with your giving.

You were always such a tease. You were always making me laugh! Rodney and Roger do the same thing and there are times, I look at them and I see you. It makes me miss you more, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. They are just a little piece of you and I love that!

I loved the way you and I become so close just a year before you passed away suddenly in that accident. We will never understand what happened and perhaps, it’s not for us to know.I loved the way you and I would run our errands together. The time we went all over town looking for a baby crib to rent. You were so silly going to that lawn mower rental place and when I told you, “Daddy, they aren’t going to rent cribs here.” — the way you looked at me with that silly smirk. I still think you did that just to mess with me.Daddy, you would be so proud of me. I remember the time you talked to me about my weight and how worried you were about me. I remember you mentioning weight loss surgery. I was hurt by your words of concern. As you know, I felt I could do it on my own. Well, I took your advice, 17 years after you gave it to me - and I’ve lost almost 75lbs.

Of all my memories, my most special was the time, I came out of my apartment at 7am to go to work and found you waiting by my truck. Grandma had died and you wanted to tell me in person. I loved that you knew how much Grandma meant to me and hearing that news on the phone would have been so difficult.

Thanks for co-signing on my first truck. Thanks for being there when I needed to you drive me home after Grandma’s funeral and thank you for all of your hugs, kisses and love!I miss you Daddy

always,

your second daughter, me~

Dee, this is so beautiful . . . and such a reflection of your incredible soul.

Hi Folks,

I worked all day today and when I came out of the hospital, I found a lovely day! The breeze was cool and fresh. I wanted to just find a place on the grass and just sit and enjoy the weather.

This has been a difficult Father's Day for me. Some years are not so bad, but this year, I had a hard time.

Thanks everyone for your updates on your weigh in. Brandy, I hate TOM too! You'll lose that extra weight next week. Woofay, I have no idea why we gain when we are on our best behavior and loss when we are being human! Bookholder and Dorkable, good job going in the right direction!

Marilyn! I am so sorry to hear about your sweet baby. Don't ever feel it was your fault. You loved your baby with all your heart, you would have never done anything like that. I've missed you. Please don't go away so long! We need you here, Mare! If you need a special RR meeting - I'm with Anita! Let's do it!

Munchkin! My heart just goes out to everyone in Iowa. How sad!

Graduating from a school in Lincoln, I traveled many times for Spring Break to Cedar Rapids. My Bestfriend's parents lived there. I pray they are okay. It reminded me of Katrina! Horrible!

Adorkable, I love your pictures! I never heard of a Heat Rainbow! I do love PHX tho. You're so cute with your FIL! What a nice guy! I'm sorry to hear about you losing your father to cancer.

Woofay! Thanks so much for all the clothes. There are many that I can use! I appreciate you thinking of me! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Deb! I hope I can meet you when you come for your surgery. Are you having surgery at Parker? I'm sorry if you answered this already! I might be in Lincoln Nebraska that week, but I'm not sure!

Mini! Hi Sweetness! Thanks for being such a consistent support of all of us here! I can't wait til you're banded on sitting next to me on the Loser's Bench! You're going to be such a BIG LOSER!

I love you all!

dee~:)

Love you too. Can't wait to meet you!!

hugs to you . . .

Dee, this is so beautiful . . . and such a reflection of your incredible soul.

Thanks Mini!

My Dad was the cutest guy! He was about 6-4, 225 and just a big bear! He gave the best hugs!

I used to live about 4 blocks from the hospital and when it would snow, he'd call me at 6am and tell me he was driving 15miles to drive me to work! 4 blocks! He didn't trust me on the icy roads!

I love him a lot!

sweet, sweet note Dee!

Your such a sweet and gentle spirit!

Thanks Brandy!

I have a lot of fond memories of him!

Fathers can be so special in the daughter's lives.

Dee -- This was a hard Father's Day for me as well. I think with losing my mom last year, I didn't really notice Father's day last year so it was like I was making up for 2 years. I like your letter idea and if you don't mind I am going to borrow that and write one of my own. I only have two regrets abt losing both my parents and that is that I didn't get more time with them and that they don't get to see me skinny (I know that they are looking down on me and can see me but I would just like to see their faces). I got to say everything I needed to say to both of them before they died, we cried and said I love you more times than I could ever count. I can say that we never ended a conversation without saying "I love you", and I am lucky 4 that. Okay enough of the crying...

I am so blessed to have found friends like you.

We went to Chatfield state park yesterday afternoon, with some friends. It was so much fun, we swam, played volleyball (of course) and bbqued. What a blast. I ran around in my bathing suit and felt great.:biggrin:

Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Dee -- This was a hard Father's Day for me as well. I think with losing my mom last year, I didn't really notice Father's day last year so it was like I was making up for 2 years. I like your letter idea and if you don't mind I am going to borrow that and write one of my own. I only have two regrets abt losing both my parents and that is that I didn't get more time with them and that they don't get to see me skinny (I know that they are looking down on me and can see me but I would just like to see their faces). I got to say everything I needed to say to both of them before they died, we cried and said I love you more times than I could ever count. I can say that we never ended a conversation without saying "I love you", and I am lucky 4 that. Okay enough of the crying...

I am so blessed to have found friends like you.

We went to Chatfield state park yesterday afternoon, with some friends. It was so much fun, we swam, played volleyball (of course) and bbqued. What a blast. I ran around in my bathing suit and felt great.:biggrin:

Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Denise,

I'm sorry about your losses.

I think writing letters to those who have passed on is a good way for me to express my thoughts, my memories and my love.

I used to write a letter to my Dad in the newspaper on the anniversary of his death. I miss being able to visit his grave in ABQ. We have a tradition of placing - luminarios (paper bags with dirt in the bottom of them and candles) around our loved one's graves on New Year's Eve. It's beautiful and most people in ABQ do it. It was something my brother and I would do together to honor our Dad's memory. I know we do those things for us, but it's a way of helping us remember.

I bet you had a great time yesterday at the Lake. I love Chatfield!