Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

BTW all, two weeks from today I get banded. I'm going with Dr Gonxales in TJ Mexico. I waas going to go with Dr. K but didn't have enough money.

Marcy~congrats on losing 5 pounds! Nice hearing from ya'

Dynamo~how is the rash?

Woofay~I imagine you are having a blast with your buddy! We miss you!

Drews~ how did the bout go?

litteroo1 - I thought the article made sense too. So now I have to listen to my adult more. I couldn't figure out the struggle. My therapiist said it helps sometimes to put a construct to self-destructive behaviors that I am trying to change.

Mal - the rash is running its course. Thanks for asking, it's been a very scratchy August for me.

I am doing better, but sitting at the same weight. I am recording everything, but I added some carbs, so I will cut those out. I so want to let this weight go. My work outs are going well. I feel good and strong. Smile. A great feeling at my age, one that I took for granted when I was younger.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Hello Friends!~ Sorry not to post yesterday. I was tapped.

DrewsLou- Congratulations on the win. Woo Hoo!! You have goals and success happening often in your life~~

NM Sunshine- Good Luck in Mexico.

Michelle how are you doing? I know you must be feeling so strong especially first thing in the morning when you get out of bed and take those first steps. Keep it going! I read the article with great appreciation.

Mal how is your son doing the first weeks of college?

Woofey how is the excursion going? Write about it when you can.

Yesterday:

I didn't have the energy to post back about the session yesterday afternoon. I was so mentally tapped out I just came home and took a long hot shower than went to bed and watched movies.

(this, btw, is a great source of escape and distraction )

I repeated the entire story of this past weekend to my therapist. I went into detail about the past, when I was younger and how things played out. You know what is hard? It is really hard when someone holds a mirror up to your face! One of the things I think we are all forced to experience is the WHY of our overeating. How DID we get to be 100+ pounds overweight?

When I got to the part of the story when my sister was yelling at me my therapist stopped me and said "you let her talk to you that way?" I replied that I thought my sister "misunderstood" the why of my post on the OE board and subsequent replies, she let me continue telling the rest of the story until I got to the point of hanging up and my mother hanging up on me. And then she sat up in her seat and leaned across and looked at me and said "that's abuse!" she predictably guessed "your mother probably read your journals and looked through your private things" I said she had. And she accurately described how my sister had probably been talking to me like this for as far back as I could remember, she has.

She told me that these two women were "toxic to your recovery".

Like you all, she applauded my efforts to stay on top of myself and avoid a situation that may throw me into a binge but she said "if they put you in a place where you are 'hanging on by a thread' then why would you risk exposing yourself to that? If you had a child, and you knew a neighbor was abusive to your child, would you let your child go to that house?" I said no. That's when she instructed me to stay away from them and gave me some skills to avoid speaking to them on the phone if they called.

I will not answer my telephone, my husband or son will. And per any other situation I am to instruct my mother to "contact your other daughter".

And so it is.

Strangely, while feeling a sense of sadness I am also feeling a sense of great relief, RELEASE is more like it.

That's what happened at my therapist's office. Thoughts????

.........................................................................................

Here are some pictures from my chicken slaughter....my 7-year old son was my photographer and he wanted me to "pose"....notice my clothes are just hangin' on me! Also, here's my little girl with my BIG zucchini that I found in the greenhouse when I returned (I had two that size!)...imagine if someone had actually WATERED them while I was gone! I'm grilling chicken and zucchini for dinner tonight! YUM!:hungry:

post-219385-13813135454682_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813135454916_thumb.jpg

post-219385-1381313545517_thumb.jpg

My BMI is between 37 and 38, I am also self pay. I never heard any hesitation about my BMI, so I imagine yours might be ok. Call the office and ask for Marilyn. She's awesome!

Dear wanttobemeagain, We are flying to Denver on Sunday the 9th and he will see Dr K on Monday 10 @2pm he"s scheduled for surgery on 9/11 @ 3pm. We will return home to Ky on Wednesday 9/12. We are staying at the Holiday Inn in Parker. Hopefully we will get to meet up. I have been pleased with my success. I only hate that my MD will not do any fills. I spoke to him at my last appt. and he almost seemed very mad about him going there to do this his part is $4000 and the hospital gets $14000. I told his portion is not bad but hes going to have to find somewhere else to do this...and he agreed.

Lap dancer

The road away from abuse is difficult. Your saddness is because you are losing something, it is like a death. You are losing the way you related to your mom and sis. The strangest thing I found out about abuse is it's addictive nature. Reading books about emotional abuse may be very helpful.

Lap Dancer - If you can afford it caller ID is so freeing, I never have to wonder if a toxic person is calling. If there is not ID then I don't pick up and they can leave a message, and I can call back. Yeah caller ID.

Marilyn

One pound from onederland

Lap - I second the caller id idea. It really helps if you are "prepared" before allowing a conversation with the abusers. Great, practical idea, Mare! Oh sweetie, you are now on the road to recovery. I found getting the toxicity out of my daily life imperative for me to dig deeper into my own sheeeeet. It is the only way through the addiction. Cheers!

Also, Lap, if they are grossly misbehaving like you described, imagine they are really threatened by your recovery. Where does that leave them? Remember the best revenge is a healthy body, mind, spirit. Bravo!

Lap - also be very gentle with yourself. We, victims of abuse, tend to take over where the abuser stops with our own self loathing. Honey - you deserve a healthy life. Feel it deep within your gut. Hold it close.

Drews - Woooooo Whoooooo! You go girl! You have found an alternative passion other than eating! Roll on!

Everyone - Just put some crazy ladies into a cute little coffee house (literally) on 17th and Emerson. We left a "Mabel" (5 foot wood sculpture), two portraits, and three smaller paintings. I am hoping to see a sale or two. The coffee shop is called Illegal Grounds. It is new and funky, rather whole wheat for a coffee shop, but willing to show my stuff, so I LOVE it.

Best to all,

Michelle

[quote name='DynamoMini;552940

Lap - also be very gentle with yourself. We' date=' victims of abuse, tend to take over where the abuser stops with our own self loathing. Honey - you deserve a healthy life. Feel it deep within your gut. Hold it close. [/color']

Hi, experimenting with the quote thing.

Dynamo..........that is so true. Funny thing is that my therapist kept talking about me doing something for myself. Nothing I did seemed to work. Then after I committed to getting the lapband I felt so free and happy. The first thought was 'I'm doing something for me'.