Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I know we're supposed to be on our best behaviors as far as food goes, but it's the holidays and I think we're all allowed to indulge right now.

A lady in my office brought in some Peppermint Bark on Monday that she'd made at home and it was fabulous!!! :lol: When she told me it was a Paula Deen recipe it made perfect sense. I thought I'd share it with you all. She said she added about a teaspoon of Peppermint Extract to hers, and she crushed the candy canes a little more than suggested, just so it wasn't too crunchy.

Enjoy!!!

Peppermint Bark Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Jaime...

It has been a year, and I still have a hard time. There are days I would love to indulge. I still wish I could eat all the time. Even though I look and feel so much better.

I am not sure if you ever stop mourning the food...

I am down 5 this week! I lost another pound since yesterday so I am at 298! My lowest weight yet. I am thrilled! My restriction right now is so good. Waaah. Please stick around awhile longer.

Weigh-in for this week: -1.4

Yay, I'm almost back where I started 4 weeks ago, hahaha. Move over ladies, I'm gonna sit on the loser's bench this week. Though technically, I've lost this same pound about 10 times since surgery. :wink:

Awesome girlie! You are headed in the right direction. You are still in the bandster hell so anything you lose is a lot YOU.

I'm down 1.1 for the week. Better than nothing and WAAYY better than a gain.

Great job! Heck yeah it is better than a gain!
Alright girls! I am down 1.9 for the week, MAYBE I am going to get back on track. I agree, even a fraction lost is better than anything gained.

Good job on the loss! Keep up the good work!

I am up 2 pounds this week for the weigh in :ohmy: These 2 pounds are on again off again.
How frustrating! Hang in there, hopefully they will be off again next week. Plateaus SUCK! I am finally thinking I may be off my FOUR month one... but who knows. Next week will be the test.
CONGRATZ on being at 299!!!! That is awesome, and 85lbs is AMAZING!!
Thanks girlie! =)
Well, I think I have hit my sweet spot ladies! I am down 2.5 this week!! So from when I got my fill on the 13th Nov (Tom said I would be abt 283 without clothes) to now I have lost 10 lbs!! That is the kind of loss I want to keep up!
AWESOME! Feels good doesn't it! That is the perfect rate to be losing! I think I am at my sweet spot too! Hope it sticks around for another week or so. *crossing fingers*
There's this restaurant near my office, a fabulous Mediterranean deli called Neomonde. They've got hummus, baba ghannouj, falafel...you get the idea. Before surgery, I ate at this place on a weekly basis, sometimes twice in a week. I haven't had it since surgery, mainly because of the post-op diet, and lately I've been trying to bring low calorie lunches from home to save money and make good healthy choices.

I decided to splurge today and I went to Neomonde and got pretty much what I used to get, except I nixed the pita bread. Nearly everything I got tasted....different. It's almost like my sense of taste has doubled since surgery. This stuff tasted so strong (spice-wise) that I could hardly tolerate it. Even the hummus, which is the best I've ever had, was so strong I couldn't finish it. And I'm sick, which means my sense of taste and smell is really off right now due to the congestion.

I'm so sad. I loved that place, and now I doubt I'll go back. It's just depressing. I'm going to spend the rest of the day mourning their food. :) How long will it be before I stop mourning food??? Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could eat one thing or another.

You don't have to mourn food girl. Everything in moderation. Your tastebuds are probably more sensitive because you are taking smaller bites and chewing well. You are really giving your palette TIME to taste instead of swallowing it down quickly and washing away flavors with a beverage. You may not LOVE that food anymore but you will discover other things you love more now. Try making your own hummus!

There are some things I have had to give up on. I have problems with hamburgers so I rarely eat them. When I drive by the In N Out I salivate and wish I could mow one down... but then I am also thankful that I can't. KWIM. Pre-band I would have gotten several burgers and gobbled them up, barely tasting them. Now I smell them, remember what it was like, and then drive by and feel BETTER because I resisted! If I really want a burger I have to make it myself so it is moist enough and it is really much healthier that way anyway.

You just have to adjust how you look at it, it is not what you have to do without, it is what you CAN do without.

Well, I am down 2.7 this week. That is what put me at about minus 52, but I was up and down with it this week. At least I am back to the same number.

Congrats to those who have done so well. I am not sure I will make my New Year's goal, but we shall see.

Jaime, I agree with Adorkie: your taste buds have changed (plus you are ill). There isn't anything you just CAN"T eat (unless it won't go down well); MODERATION is the key. Still being able to taste those foods you love is great. BUT I DO MISS MY BEER WITH MEXICAN FOOD:cursing::wink::cursing:

Hey Dorky...umm...what is KWIM? :ohmy:

Well, I am down 2.7 this week. That is what put me at about minus 52, but I was up and down with it this week. At least I am back to the same number.

Congrats to those who have done so well. I am not sure I will make my New Year's goal, but we shall see.

Jaime, I agree with Adorkie: your taste buds have changed (plus you are ill). There isn't anything you just CAN"T eat (unless it won't go down well); MODERATION is the key. Still being able to taste those foods you love is great. BUT I DO MISS MY BEER WITH MEXICAN FOOD:cursing::wink::cursing:

Yay for those pounds! Shed it girl!

And yes, I am ill - though I'm not sure it has anything to do with my cold! :tt2:

I MISS MY BEER TOO!!! We're going to Mexican this weekend with some friends and it's the first time since surgery - I think I'll cry tears of mourning into my Margarita! :)

Edited by jmegirl

Awesome job missy! =) Keep it up!

Lucky for me I was never a beer drinker, but I LOVE Lambrusco...and I just don't enjoy it anymore because of the slight carbonation. Makes me burp waaaay to much and it is just uncomfortable to drink now. *sigh* I feel your pain.

Hey Dorky...umm...what is KWIM? :ohmy:

KWIM= Know What I Mean :)
Up 2 pounds, but my monthly visitor is in town. Hopefully, I will be down next week...
The body fluctuates anywhere up to 3 pounds a day. So don't fret it. I am sure it is probably Aunt Flo... da bitch. :tt2:

post-348967-13813142105975_thumb.jpg

Had to share this photo of our two favorite Santas!!!

post-244008-13813137941976_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]15831[/ATTACH]

Awww how cute!!! I'm guessing the guy on the right is Tom??? When was this picture taken Nora??

A BIG way to go for all you lucky losers this week.

I am at 0 pounds this week..... again. <sigh> I have not lost in 7 weeks!!!!! (I am not counting the 5 the first week...since I just was losing the 6 gained while in Michigan).

Plateaus SUCK :wink: :) :ohmy:

A BIG way to go for all you lucky losers this week.

I am at 0 pounds this week..... again. <sigh> I have not lost in 7 weeks!!!!! (I am not counting the 5 the first week...since I just was losing the 6 gained while in Michigan).

Plateaus SUCK :) :ohmy: :tt2:

Julie, I feel your pain, I've been pretty much at a stand still for the last 6 weeks too.:unsure: How did it go Friday at the new job?:wink:

Awww how cute!!! I'm guessing the guy on the right is Tom??? When was this picture taken Nora??

Yep, Tom is on the right. It was this week! HOHOHO

Well there haven't been any postings today, but overall I don't think I am missing any. I know there has been trouble with that twice.

[ATTACH]15831[/ATTACH]

I think that would make a wonderful Christmas card! Now tell me, did you bring those hats to his office?