Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Today was just a little tough for me. Tonight is my company's Christmas party, and it's always lots of fun. Live band, booze, huge amounts of food, plus the socializing is always great. Well, I went out this morning to buy a dress. I didn't want to buy a dress early, because I wasn't sure how much weight I'd lose. Well, I've not lost enough to make a difference, so I guess I messed up there.

After 3hrs of trying on dress after dress after dress, in store after store after store - I just gave up. I'm not going to the party tonight and I'm really depressed that I couldn't find a dress that looks good on me. It's like there just aren't nice dresses that look good on fat girls, and it's so depressing I want to cry. :thumbup:

My husband just went to the grocery store, and I told him to bring back ice cream and Tostitos chips and salsa. For my sake, I hope he goes against my wishes and doesn't bring them back.

Julie, I can't forget you! My fill buddy! It was really great to meet you too! I am glad you got there early. And I'm happy to hear that your fill went well!

Did you make another appointment, and if so, when is it? Next time I think I'll fly out Thursday night and get a hotel, have my fill Friday morning, and fly out Friday afternoon. This one day roundtrip thing is too tough!

If possible, can I request that the January RR Night be on Thursday January 8th??? :thumbup:

Julie, I can't forget you! My fill buddy! It was really great to meet you too! I am glad you got there early. And I'm happy to hear that your fill went well!

Did you make another appointment, and if so, when is it? Next time I think I'll fly out Thursday night and get a hotel, have my fill Friday morning, and fly out Friday afternoon. This one day roundtrip thing is too tough!

If possible, can I request that the January RR Night be on Thursday January 8th??? :sad_smile:

It was great to meet you. My fill went great. It did feel really weird! I posted about it here. My First Fill....Strange! - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum I have 2.8cc in my band. I don't know if it helped my hunger every 3 hours. I will find out more this week. I can tell I have restriction. If I don't chew everything I'll slime. Even scrambled eggs. As long as I chew I do ok. Small bites!

I have my next fill on Jan 9th too! 11:00am. So I guess we will see each other again! I hope I won't need another fill....but I know I will. I am wondering if the affect of the fill wears off after a little while. Is there swelling that will go down so I lose some restriction? Can anyone help me with that question?

Jaime, I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't find something to wear for your party. I know how exciting it is to get the surgery and then, when the weight isn't coming off quickly, it's really a let down. It will happen though. It really will.

I tend to have some swelling after a fill, and that gives me some restriction for a few days. And then I tend to have no restriction, then the fill kicks in after a week or so. It's weird.

thanks...my mom is the greatest.

Hey, I noticed you are almost halfway there:thumbup: How great is that!!!!:sad_smile::lol::tongue:

I am very excited to get to the half way point. That will feel good. I'm already lower than I've been for about 10 years, so that's a nice feeling too. Overall, I'm pleased with my progress. Of course it's slower than I would like, but I am losing and that's what's important.

It was great to meet you. My fill went great. It did feel really weird! I posted about it here. My First Fill....Strange! - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum I have 2.8cc in my band. I don't know if it helped my hunger every 3 hours. I will find out more this week. I can tell I have restriction. If I don't chew everything I'll slime. Even scrambled eggs. As long as I chew I do ok. Small bites!

I have my next fill on Jan 9th too! 11:00am. So I guess we will see each other again! I hope I won't need another fill....but I know I will. I am wondering if the affect of the fill wears off after a little while. Is there swelling that will go down so I lose some restriction? Can anyone help me with that question?

Yay, we shall meet again! I'm considering flying in Thursday night and getting a hotel, because that roundtrip was terrible in one day. I was so sore from sitting in a cramped airplane seat for 8hrs throughout the day! Hopefully the seat will be a little less cramped in January. :sad_smile: After the last two days, I'm fairly certain I'll need the fill as well.

I've heard a few stories about how the fill works. Some peoople say they're restricted right away, but it goes away in a week. Some people say it takes two weeks to even tell a difference, then suddenly the fill comes on full force.

All I know is, last night I was able to eat damn near 2 cups worth of Beans, chicken, and rice topped with a little salsa - so something tells me I'm not restricted at all. Though I'm not feeling as hungry as I was before the fill. Who knows?? It's such a guessing game - it just drives me bonkers! :tongue:

Hi All,

Something happened to me today that I can't ever remember happening in my ENTIRE life. When I got on the scale today my weight was the same as it is on my drivers license.....155. I have NEVER been anywhere near my drivers license weight. It's funny that we lie about that, isn't it? Anyway, I squealed with delight when I realized that I was no longer a liar:-)

Hope everyone is well.

OH MY GOSH!!!! I had the EXACT same thing happen to me this week. I was filling out a card for a costco membership and writing down my DL# when I glanced down at the weight I put a year ago. 275. I was so excited to find out that I'm not lying about it anymore! Such a great feeling!

Wow, I'm shocked to find out that there are states that ask for your weight on your driver's license. Is that normal? NC doesn't do it...thank goodness! :sad_smile:

Hi all...my computers, yes plural, all blew within a 3 day span. All 3.

I am down 5 pounds and am only 7 away from goal. YAY!!! It will be a year on the 12th. I know I won't quite make it, but am excited because I am so dang close.

I wanted to post because it will take me FOREVER to catch up...

I am down 5 pounds and am only 7 away from goal. YAY!!! It will be a year on the 12th. I know I won't quite make it, but am excited because I am so dang close.

Congratz on being so close to goal!! I bet you will be there at New Years. What an amazing way to start a year!!

Wow, that's amazing. I think you look fabulous now Brandy. Way to go! I hope I'm able to stand next to you in my skinny jeans one day! Speaking of skinny jeans, I need to go out and buy a pair!!!! :biggrin:

Congrats! You are an inspiration to us all:lol:

Here are the week 3 weight loss totals. I've not heard from Bella or Nora, but I'll update if they report. Brandy, I put you down for 5 lbs, leaving you at 6 total since the beginning. Is that correct? Good work peeps!!

Adorkable: 20/wk1:-4/wk2:-4/wk3:+1:laugh:

Bella: 25/wk1: -5rolleyes.gif

Brandy: 10/wk1: -1/wk2:?/wk3:-5:laugh:

Deboregon: 15/wk1:-0/wk2:-2.2/wk3:-1.2:laugh:

Denvergirl: 12/wk1: -0/wk2:-2smile.gif

Jmegirl: 20/wk1: -0/wk2:-0/wk3:+1.8:laugh:

Kayleighsmommy: 15/wk1:-5/wk2:-0/wk3:-0:laugh:

Lotza: 10/wk1: -3/wk2:-1/wk3:-2:laugh:

Magaines: 10/wk1: -.3/wk2:+.4/wk3:-1.1:laugh:

Mini: 10/wk1: -1.9/wk2:+.3/wk3:-2.1:laugh:

PrtyAntOvr: 25/wk1: -4/wk2:-4/wk3:-0:laugh:

Tally: 13/wk1: -4/wk2:-0/wk3:-6:laugh:

ill be in denver jan 3rd-10th. Im getting my 3rd fill on jan 5th (monday). I hope that you do have the RR dinner on thursday jan 8th.. I would really like to meet other bandesters. Please keep me informed!

ill be in denver jan 3rd-10th. Im getting my 3rd fill on jan 5th (monday). I hope that you do have the RR dinner on thursday jan 8th.. I would really like to meet other bandesters. Please keep me informed!

Well I'll definitely be in town that Thursday night January 8th. My flight gets in at 5:45p. Hopefully everyone else will be able to join us, I'd love to meet more people!!! =)