Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

You guys are great! I knew you'd understand!! :scared2:

We have all had the same experience, so know that you are as "normal" as the rest of us....hmmmm....is that a good thing?:cursing:

Gotta tell you, that poppin' thing gives me the heebie jeebies:blink:

We have all had the same experience, so know that you are as "normal" as the rest of us....hmmmm....is that a good thing?:cursing:

Gotta tell you, that poppin' thing gives me the heebie jeebies:blink:

Haha, I'm happy as punch to be "normal" with the rest of you! We have our own special definition of "normal", right ladies??? :tt2:

That popping thing gives me the heebie jeebies too!!! Once I decided I'd give it a try, and try "popping" the other side of the main incision, I swear my skin started to crawl and it was a good 10 minutes before I got up the nerve to actually do it. AGH I'm getting goosebumps now just typing about it!!! I'm such a wuss. :thumbup:

So, does Dr. K numb the area around your port before he gives you a fill??? And will he talk to me and joke with me to distract me and take my mind off the fact that he's putting a needle in me and injecting Fluid? !?!?!? :scared2::tt2::smile2::laugh:

So, does Dr. K numb the area around your port before he gives you a fill??? And will he talk to me and joke with me to distract me and take my mind off the fact that he's putting a needle in me and injecting Fluid? !?!?!? :cursing::thumbup::scared2::smile2:

Nope, doesn't numb. I was there yesterday for another fill, he just felt around, and in one little poke was in. Sometimes he talks other times not, find a topic of conversation and he will chat with you. Yesterday we discussed how backed up he was and what the office is doing to keep from getting that way. Good luck with your fill, hope it will help you out.

Nope, doesn't numb. I was there yesterday for another fill, he just felt around, and in one little poke was in. Sometimes he talks other times not, find a topic of conversation and he will chat with you. Yesterday we discussed how backed up he was and what the office is doing to keep from getting that way. Good luck with your fill, hope it will help you out.

EEK! Now I'm scared. :cursing: I hate needles!

It doesn't hurt. No worries.

You will be fine:thumbup:, it is a quick stick then it is over. When he removes the needle it is the strangest feeling ever. I really worked myself up the first time I went. I didn't work myself up so much for the surgery, afterwards I wondered why I was so worried.

EEK! Now I'm scared. :thumbup: I hate needles!

Jaime....Look at it this way-if he numbed your port he would be doing it with a lidocaine injection, so you would get poked with a needle twice...and I personally think lidocaine itself hurts going in before it numbs you. So don't freak out. :cursing: Luv ya chickie, good luck with your fill on FRI...yes, I remember what day it is today! :scared2:

Jaime, I've had it both with lidocaine and without, and it honestly doesn't seem to make a difference. Either way you have a quick needle stick that's not terribly painful at all (not many nerve endings right there). Just don't look at it while he's doing it. That will probably help.

This week....drum roll please.... +1.8. :thumbup: No doubt the pizza, McDonald's, and Taco Bell I've consumed over the last 5 days has something to do with it! :cursing: But I'm getting my fill in 24hrs.... :wub:

So, all you Professional Fillsters out there (haha) - what can I expect in the 24-48hrs post fill? Will I need to be on liquids/mushies? Also, eating Breakfast in the 3hrs before my fill - good idea or bad? Is it better to have a full pouch or an empty pouch when I go in for my fill? My breakfast would more than likely be oatmeal, since I'll be in an airport. Starbucks now has outrageously priced oatmeal!

Well, Dr. K. doesn't tell you to be on mushies or anything. The guy I go to here has you go on warm liquids for 48 hours. I think that you get kind of swollen after a fill (I do anyway) and the mushies can help . . .

I ate Breakfast before my fill. I really didn't think about whether it was better or not. Hmmm, anyone else have an opinion?

I'm down 2.1 lbs this week. YAY!!! I was worried that I'd hit yet ANOTHER horrid plateau.

Dr. K's didn't tell me any specific instructions after my fill. But I do stick to mushies for at least 24 hours just to be safe.

Yippie!! I am down 1.1 lbs, (better than up 1.1 lb) for the week, maybe I am over my month long plateau.

Dr. K's didn't tell me any specific instructions after my fill. But I do stick to mushies for at least 24 hours just to be safe.

Yippie!! I am down 1.1 lbs, (better than up 1.1 lb) for the week, maybe I am over my month long plateau.

YAY!!! Doncha' just hate plateaus?

Yep, they are frustrating, especially when you haven't changed your routine, I even upped the walking. With today's weather, I will have to rethink the outside walk.

Yep, they are frustrating, especially when you haven't changed your routine, I even upped the walking. With today's weather, I will have to rethink the outside walk.

Are you getting snow? We have this kind of icky sleet looking stuff coming down and it sure looks like it's going to snow.

I had the worst time all through the months of September and October. I was only losing 1/2 pound a week. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work. I don't know what the secret is. sigh.

Hi Girls,

It's been a few months since I have posted. I have an entire trunk load (and then some) of size 14-16 clothes if someone is in need. Most are less than a year old and pretty cute. (dress and casual clothes). I'm in the Denver area and would be happy to rendesveux with someone to drop off this great big load of clothes. If no takers, I will give to the good will.

I know you already have a lot of takers but if you have anything left I could use some 14's and some of the smaller 16's.

Deb