Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mini,

No change on my weight this week! It's been an insane week. I had the tummy flu and vomited for 24 hours. (not straight! - thank goodness!) It was the first time I have vomited since getting my band! But luckily it wasn't band related. I also got another fill yesterday. Just a small one, but it's working! I need to remember to chew chew chew! As our fills get looser, we tend to return to not chewing as well. I, also started my new job! A massive learning curve! I left a job where I was an expert and accepted one where I am a total dummy! AND believe me I feel like it! :tongue2:

DEEE!!!! I've been missing you! I'm glad you weren't having a band problem but I'm sorry you were sick. Yay for a fill though. I was wondering if you'd started your new job. I'm sure there is a lot to learn, but you're one smart cookie. You'll do great!

DEEE!!!! I've been missing you! I'm glad you weren't having a band problem but I'm sorry you were sick. Yay for a fill though. I was wondering if you'd started your new job. I'm sure there is a lot to learn, but you're one smart cookie. You'll do great!

I've missed you guys too! I had to read a lot to catch up!

I hadn't been that ill since I was a little kid. My mom said I was so stubborn as a child that when I had the tummy flu, she'd have to threaten to take me to the hospital - to make me eat. I would have recovered, but was still so afraid of throwing up that I'd not eat or drink. She said I'd say, "I don't wanna "frow up" Maybe that is why the band is working for me! The perfect tool for someone who hates to frow up!!!:thumbup:

I'm not so sure about being a smart cookie Mini! I certainly don't feel so smart!!! :lol:

I've missed you guys too! I had to read a lot to catch up!

I hadn't been that ill since I was a little kid. My mom said I was so stubborn as a child that when I had the tummy flu, she'd have to threaten to take me to the hospital - to make me eat. I would have recovered, but was still so afraid of throwing up that I'd not eat or drink. She said I'd say, "I don't wanna "frow up" Maybe that is why the band is working for me! The perfect tool for someone who hates to frow up!!!:thumbup:

I'm not so sure about being a smart cookie Mini! I certainly don't feel so smart!!! :cool:

Sorry to hear about your illness,:thumbup: but certainly am glad you are on the mend:redface:

I am sure you will be running this new place in no time!!

You are really stepping "out there" to change jobs; you are a courageous woman and an outstanding new employee!!:lol:

Hi All,

Something happened to me today that I can't ever remember happening in my ENTIRE life. When I got on the scale today my weight was the same as it is on my drivers license.....155. I have NEVER been anywhere near my drivers license weight. It's funny that we lie about that, isn't it? Anyway, I squealed with delight when I realized that I was no longer a liar:-)

Hope everyone is well.

Hi All,

Something happened to me today that I can't ever remember happening in my ENTIRE life. When I got on the scale today my weight was the same as it is on my drivers license.....155. I have NEVER been anywhere near my drivers license weight. It's funny that we lie about that, isn't it? Anyway, I squealed with delight when I realized that I was no longer a liar:-)

Hope everyone is well.

Ha ha!! That's so awesome. Everytime I have to renew my license I try to figure out what is the lowest weight I can put without seeming totally ridiculous. I never thought about how great it would be to actually weigh that amount!

OMG!!! I just looked at my license and it said 200! I weigh 18 lbs less than that! I had to get it renewed last summer when I weighed 220ish and I remember now thinking that I so OBVIOUSLY weighed over 200 lbs that I might as well just put down 200. WOOHOO!!! That makes me really happy!!!

Okay first of all...Jamie, It was great to meet you today in Dr. K's office for our first fill. It went really well! No sweat! Felt wieird though!

OKay now my big news. I went the store Unique that Natailie and ...(I can't remember her name right now) It is a thrift store. I needed to kill a little while in town and then go eat to make sure that everything went do well. So I look for jeans and I finally see this one pair of petite jeans. The are a size 18 Sonoma brand for $4 so I thought I would get them and they can be a goal. I started in a size 22 and they are baggy, but my only jeans so I wore them today. So I just got home from Denver (7 hr drive) and I hold them up and say to myself that there is NO WAY, but I'll try and see how far I get...they will be my first pair of "goal jeans".

Guess what...yep! THEY FIT!!!! Not comfy enough to lounge around the house, but I can wear them out if I want to. WOW! What a day. My first fill and this!:thumbup:

Okay first of all...Jamie, It was great to meet you today in Dr. K's office for our first fill. It went really well! No sweat! Felt wieird though!

OKay now my big news. I went the store Unique that Natailie and ...(I can't remember her name right now) It is a thrift store. I needed to kill a little while in town and then go eat to make sure that everything went do well. So I look for jeans and I finally see this one pair of petite jeans. The are a size 18 Sonoma brand for $4 so I thought I would get them and they can be a goal. I started in a size 22 and they are baggy, but my only jeans so I wore them today. So I just got home from Denver (7 hr drive) and I hold them up and say to myself that there is NO WAY, but I'll try and see how far I get...they will be my first pair of "goal jeans".

Guess what...yep! THEY FIT!!!! Not comfy enough to lounge around the house, but I can wear them out if I want to. WOW! What a day. My first fill and this!:thumbup:

Woohoo!! Congratulations! That had to feel great.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are leaking. Dammit. I can sure understand not wanting to have it replaced under a local . . . I wonder if they can hang up a sheet or whatever so you can't see? I'm thinking of how they drape you during a c-section so you can't actually see what they're doing. Or maybe twilight sedation?

How did hubby's interview go?

Well I was nervous about the local but when Natalie said that Dr K wouldn't do it under local... he thought it was a bad idea to do it in that environment.... that made me even more nervous.

I have done more research and found some other people who have had it done that way... so I guess I will just go for it and hope it all works out ok.

Hubby's interview was for a temp agency apparently. So he is still looking.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well.

OMG!!! I just looked at my license and it said 200! I weigh 18 lbs less than that! I had to get it renewed last summer when I weighed 220ish and I remember now thinking that I so OBVIOUSLY weighed over 200 lbs that I might as well just put down 200. WOOHOO!!! That makes me really happy!!!

Congrats to both of you on the driver's license issue! I never even thought about that. Good goal to look to in the future:smile:

Guess what...yep! THEY FIT!!!! Not comfy enough to lounge around the house, but I can wear them out if I want to. WOW! What a day. My first fill and this!:girl_hug:

Ya-hooooo for you!:smile2:

Well, my comment this morning isn't nearly as wonderful as three above, but it is "mini-milestone" for me. This morning I broke the 50 pound mark; I am a "scooch" under 52 down.:thumbup:

I don't know who gets more excited, me or my mom. This morning when I talked to her and told her about the loss and the upcoming Water aerobics, she just went over the top! She said she has dreams of me when I come to this journey's end. I asked how she could dream of something she's never seen, and she said she can see it and dreams it often. I told her that I hoped the reality matches the dream:laugh:

Well I was nervous about the local but when Natalie said that Dr K wouldn't do it under local... he thought it was a bad idea to do it in that environment.... that made me even more nervous.

I have done more research and found some other people who have had it done that way... so I guess I will just go for it and hope it all works out ok.

Hubby's interview was for a temp agency apparently. So he is still looking.

Well, I wouldn't think your surgeon would do it if he didn't feel totally comfortable with doing it under a local.

Sorry about the interview.

Well, my comment this morning isn't nearly as wonderful as three above, but it is "mini-milestone" for me. This morning I broke the 50 pound mark; I am a "scooch" under 52 down.:thumbup:

I don't know who gets more excited, me or my mom. This morning when I talked to her and told her about the loss and the upcoming Water aerobics, she just went over the top! She said she has dreams of me when I come to this journey's end. I asked how she could dream of something she's never seen, and she said she can see it and dreams it often. I told her that I hoped the reality matches the dream:laugh:

50 lbs down is fan-freakin'-tastic! And your mom sounds adorable.

50 lbs down is fan-freakin'-tastic! And your mom sounds adorable.

thanks...my mom is the greatest.

Hey, I noticed you are almost halfway there:thumbup: How great is that!!!!:girl_hug::lol::smile2:

Jaime???? Did you make it home okay? How did your fill go?

Yeah, girl, where are you and are you okay?:thumbup:

Jaime???? Did you make it home okay? How did your fill go?
thanks...my mom is the greatest.

Hey, I noticed you are almost halfway there:thumbup: How great is that!!!!:girl_hug::lol::smile2:

Yeah, girl, where are you and are you okay?:thumbup:

Yeah, I'm OK! I made it home just fine. I'm just exhausted, it was quite a long day yesterday.

My fill felt....weird. I don't really know if there's another way to describe it! I mean, I won't lie, it hurt like the dickens when he put the needle in (mainly because I'm a wuss) and when he injected the saline I could feel the band tighten around my stomach - which was the oddest sensation! I've now got 3.4cc in my 10cc band. How much did you ladies get for your first fill?

I've had smoothies, yogurt, sf pudding, and black bean bisque since my fill, and so far I've not really felt any restriction. But then again, I'm not really feeling hungry either, so it's obvious to me already that my fill is working. I'll start some more solid foods tomorrow, and here's hoping the fill stays put! I made another fill appointment for Friday Jan 9th at 10:30a.