Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

Hey Michelle this is my 8 months anniversary as well. I had forgotten we were banded the same day. Too cool. I am down another lb. WHOO HOO!! That makes it 55 lbs for me total. I am so thrilled with my weight loss right now.

I am sure I have lost more inches but haven't measured myself yet. I will do that after I do my morning routine.

Off to take son to school then walking.

Hi All,

I have been really frustrated lately too. I have stayed the same the last two weigh in weeks. I understood the first week since I had had the huge loss the week before and that next week we had Thanksgiving, my 5 year anniversary with my husband and his birthday all within a 4 day period but for the last week I have stuck perfectly. Been tracking my calories again, etc. I know I have lost inches because a pair of jeans that still wouldn't button a couple of weeks ago now button and almost fit comfortably but I still like to see the rewards of less poundage. Anyway I guess there is always next week for another shot at a loss.... I'm still following along fine. The fill place I go to automatically wants you to make another appointment for a fill 4 weeks out. That will be next week but I really don't think I need or want another one so soon. I definitely have restriction. It is weird though because I swear I have massive restriction till about 5 pm and then it disappears...Sometimes it doesn't but it must depend on what I am trying to eat. For some reason nachos and salad go down very easily and I can eat way more of those foods than anything else. I am one of those who loves the mayo-type of dressings (high calorie) and recently discovered if I put a few tablespoons of salsa on my salad instead of cut up tomatoes and then put a little dressing on it tastes great. The salad is still moist thru out and I still get the flavor of the ranch but don't risk a zillion calories from it. Anyway on to next week, Teresa

Teresa- I,too, am a RANCH lover. That is a great idea. I'm going to give that a try. It's bad but I would rather not eat anything than eat a salad without ranch. But, I will always take a salad with home made ranch dressing. I can't even eat the store kind!

Leatha and Teresa-Keep your chin up! You have been doing great. Don't forget to remind yourselves that you are replacing fat with muscle when you exercise regularly.

Hang in there, Teresa. It sounds like you are doing everything right. It just is a difficult time of the year -- and this is the first banded holiday season for most of us.

I sure hear you about the wide open eating at night. If I don't eat much during the day, I get ravenous and am surprised at how much I can eat, unless, of course, it is nice hard meat, which is never more than half a cup. I recently found out that I can eat quite a few Fritos and somehow they just slide through. Oh, and cashews, too, but I've known that for quite a while now. :D

Those hubbys! I can do good all day-really not think about food much-just stay busy with this and that, nibbling on something healthy when I notice I'm hungry AND THEN he walks in the door. It's never, "Hello, My beautiful wife! I've missed you." or "Wow! You have really worked hard cleaning this kitchen today." No, he says, "What's for dinner? " or "What did you do today? What's for dinner?" Needless, to say he grabs a snack and continues to graze the rest of the evening. My daughter and I have actually started betting on that he is going to say. Whoever guess's it right gets out of dishes or something! We bust out laughing as soon as he goes back outside to check on the animals

I'm another frustrated bandster on a plateau. . . frustrated mainly with myself, that is. For one week each month I get major PMS; the cramps aren't bad, but I get seriously waterlogged, crabby, and I want to eat anything that isn't nailed down, especially if it's chocolate. Today is one of those days. I've been exercising for about an hour every single day since Nov. 22, working up a sweat, then I blow it.

I didn't have to work today, so I went to lunch with a friend and felt no restriction at all. Luckily we split a dessert; I could have wolfed down not just one but several.

I think I might need a fill, but first I need more self-control. I thought the band would do a lot more of the work! I'm having a big dinner party here tomorrow night, and I'm already having a hard time staying out of the chocolate. I should have made turnips for dessert.

That's Awesome Lauri!!!! WTG girl!

I am 206... which is the same that I weighed this past Wednesday (naughty girl couldn't weight:) ) Soooooo... that still remains a 2 lb loss. I have got to do something to get my arse moving again! I am like a big ole lump o lard... can't seem to get myself to exercise! Okay... promise to self... SELF... going to get on the treadmill at least 2x's this week.

Hope everybody had a good week!

Darcy

Great job Laurie!

Darcy - you did so well last week, you'll be fine this week!

I looked on Saturday (since I was having my party) and I was down 3 pounds from Wednesday's fill. Well, this morning I was down a pound, I guess it must have had something to do with those few drinks and that fattening food! lol Anyway, a pound is good, I have a hurt foot and couldn't exercise at all on Sunday so I won't complain, especially since I ate so good!

Way to go ladies !! Congrats on the weight loss

No loss for me I have my monthly visitor :)

But no gain either and that is a victory in itself!

Have a great week everyone

Well, I missed last weeks but had no loss. I was stuck for some reason. I have been doing so well on my eating too. No excersice though, my son had bronchitis and was sick for the last two weeks. So, back this week to the gym. Anyway, i'm down 3.5lbs to 223.5 in the last two weeks. Better than a gain though!

Congrats to everyone else! It's a hard time of year. :banana

I'm thankful that I didn't GAIN! I was horrible sat. night (shared a LARGE COKE from Whataburger with hubby and accidentally ate 1/2 a thing of onion rings!) I really did it on accident. I was just sitting there visiting with my daughter and her friends and MINDLESSLY EATING!!! I was soooo mad at myself! Then, Sunday, Brit and I had a girls day out- But, strangly enough, I counted up my calories and EVEN with the brownie/ice cream, cheese bisquit and the popcorn shrimp, and the potatoe I shared with my daughter yesterday-my calories were only 1670! I really think that PORTION SIZE is the key. She and I have been sharing a plate or desert when we do go out. That AND just continually trying to make those healthy choices even if I goof up.

Betty is your foot ok? How did you hurt it?

Michelle, you will probably drop next week. Good luck.

Melissa, you and I are neck and neck with our weight! I am guessing that you are much taller than I am though. Good luck this week!

Darcy, I'm with you on the scale thing! I even put the darn thing in my closet and STILL drag it out. My husband is threatening to take it away from me.