Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

Way to go Teresa, I am down 3 more pounds for a total of 8 since my fill. About those hats? I bought the yarn and the needles thought I would give it a try, but it has been much longer than I thought. I can't even get the darn thing started. Any suggestions???????

Teresa, we're all proud of you too incase you hadn't noticed.

Michelle. I agree no loss is still a victory. And the word discouragement is no longer in my vocabulary.

Betty. I am watching that "Becky". I sleep with one eye open cause I can hear her right there breathing down my back.

Darcy... Funny how the band changed my out look. Any other diet I would have given up and been back to eating like a horse. I guess this time I have really decided not to diet again ever. I have made a life style change and its just the way things are. Drop one pound a month and I'd be happy. (except during the challenge. Got to get that Becky girl)

Haven't seen my Buddy who lives in Vegas for just over a year. He came into town here to be with his family for Thanksgiving and stopped by this morning to say high. When I opened the door his mouth opened even wider. LOL Wish I had a camera then. Said "who are you and what have your done with my friend". He was so happy for me ( was my scout car partner for years and was always on me about losing weight) that we embraced and we both cried. Neighbors who saw this may think I've gone over to the"other side" lol

Ok good luck this week everyone and lets Enjoy the holiday. I'll keep you all in my prayers and will hold you all up to the Lord at church services on Thanksgiving. God Bless

Getting it started is the hardest part for me. Something about looping the yarn around my fingers and trying to finangle six stitches into is hard to catch on to. Took a lot of practice. When I first learned to make them last year, everytime I had to start a new hat I would take it up to the lady who taught me and make her get each one started. I did eventually learn how to do it on my own. It just takes practice and patients. Maybe Becky or Penni can give you more insight on starting it. Teresa

P.S. Thanks for all the compliments folks. I just could not believe it when I saw the number change on the scale myself. I've been giddy all day.

Teresa, that is so fabulous. Wow, what a thrill for you to have such a major loss -- makes the two trips to get your fill more worth it. I am so happy for you. It just motivates all of us newbies or soon to be banded people even more. Thanks for the great news. I am so proud of you and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving with one more thing to be thankful for on a long list I am sure. Keep us all posted on your success. Wow!!!!

Ok guys I didnt want to come post because I was a bad girl last weekend, i went away with my girlfriends for a birthday trip and well yeah, didnt lose or gain, which is stinky cause i've really upped my excercize....:) ok there i posted it..back to the pool for katie...water aerobics here i come

thanks greg, i tried to be good but u know how it is with birthdays...that means CAKE!!!! lol but now i'm back on track and am thinking ahead about thanksgiving and how i can do well with all those potatoes and carbs and starches...lol...thats part of it, plan ahead and you will succeed!! I guess next monday i'll find out how well i planned! LoL! Thanks Greg!

The dietician ask me today how often did I get on the scale. I told her once a week, I belong to a group and we weight only once a week. She said that is excellent! Too many people weight everyday and that is not a good practice to get into.

I guess we are doing excellent then my friends. :)

I'm telling ya Betty..I really believe this weekly weigh in has helped me to be so successful. If I get on the scale more then once a week I obsess and I do poorly and end up sabatozing myself. Plus weighing in with all of you keeps me accountable and focused...Glad to here we are doing it right & your nutritionalist agrees with our strategy :)

I'm sitting here reading all this weight loss and I'm so flipping impressed with you guys. I'm happy with my loss, too, but I'm getting a little bummed that I can't get a fill. I think I need one since I'm getting hungry an hour after I eat. Some of you people have dropped mountains of weight in such short times - it's simply incredible. Teresa, wow, five pounds in a week after all this time? Yep, I want me one of them there fancy fills!

I lost another lb this week. I now am down to 242 lbs. That is a whopping 54 lbs total loss. WHOOO HOOO!! And that is losing one lb while sick with the flu. HOORAY!!!

HUGE congrats to all us losers

Just imagine what I Could have done if I hadn't been sick. LOL!!!

Hello all,

Did I mention I LOVE my fill... LOL. I had my physical today at the doctors and of course they forced me to weigh myself (recall I had gotten ancy earlier in the week and just couldn't wait till wednesday), I got on the scale kicking and screaming telling them I am breaking my forum challenge rules about the 1X a week weighings. I shut up when I saw I lost another 1.4 lbs!!! Yeah!!! That made 6.8 total lbs lost in 7 days! I am still eating, I promise!!! I even starting calorie tracking back up and am getting about 1500 calories in a day. Anyhow I am pleased and can say I've lost 76 lbs. Thanks for the support everyone.

Penni, I've missed you and am sorry you have had the flu. You poor thing. Did you get a flu shot yet? I haven't gotten one and forgot to ask my doc for the suppository things today. Glad your back and hope EVERYONE has a great thanksgiving! Teresa

Lisa, my fill was only 1 cc. It is a bummer about your port situation. What is going on with that and when are you getting a new one. Have you called Kuri about adding to your debt? Trust me, I was shocked at this weeks weight loss more than anyone... I guess my bod was just making up for lost time. Have a good one, Teresa