Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@ dat sweetmami gracias nena im not sleeved yet because i hve to change my insurance so they pay for it so i have to wait till october pero i cant wait i want it SOOOO BAD. r u sleeved?

@ dat sweetmami gracias nena im not sleeved yet because i hve to change my insurance so they pay for it so i have to wait till october pero i cant wait i want it SOOOO BAD. r u sleeved?

yes ...I was sleeved on March 19 th. Im down 21 lbs as of today. I would say Im happy...well I am a little. With the exception that I miss eating real food. I've been having a hard time dealing with that..Pero hopefully it'll get better.

wow im glad for you i hope ill be there soon. i could imagine no rice with habichuelas or mofongo aww man pero soo you'll be able to eat all that good stuff just in moderation

DO ANYONE KNOW...AROUND WHAT WEEK OR MONTH ARE WE ABLE TO EAT REALLLLLL food. Im just curious?!?

You should be able to eat real food starting in week 5 or 6. Start to introduce Proteins that do not cause you trouble. Perhaps some chicken, pork or salmon. A lot of people struggle with beef this early on in most forms like hamburger, steak and shredded. Some do not. See if you can handle 2-3 ounces of these proteins. If not, no worries. You can always try again in a couple weeks. You can also start to eat cooked and steamed vegetables at this time, but do watch out for very fibrous vegetables like squash as it could irritate your stomach. Raw vegetables can be introduced after 3 months. By about month 5 or 6, you should be able to eat almost anything in terms of proteins and vegetables. You are welcome to also eat fruits, but do stick to the fibrous fruits as they will be lower in glycemic values and be absorbed more slowly. It is this slow absorption of carbohydrates that will be good for you and not be converted immediately into energy for the body. Spikes in insulin will cause hunger and is generally something you should try and avoid. Nuts and lentils are good carbs and fats that will help with energy also. As for rice and other starchy carbohydrates like potatoes, do try and limit eating these as they are converted into energy too quickly and may result in slower weight loss.

wow im glad for you i hope ill be there soon. i could imagine no rice with habichuelas or mofongo aww man pero soo you'll be able to eat all that good stuff just in moderation

yeah. ..i don't know when but I can't hardly wait...Im glad i did it though ...Im loosing the weight...slowly but surely. Im sure your looking forward to your day too...exciting :-)

I was in Somerset back in January. There are a lot of latinos there!

Where in NY were you rasied?

You probably saw the latinos from New brunswick but where i work no Latinos at all lol i grow up, upstate new york by Yonkers.

I want real fooòd :’(

Ugh! I know what you mean! I want a small sandwich! :/

;-) i miss dina too!!

I don't go that far back! I started watching when Danielle was on her way out...

Boricua over here from the Bronx. Had surgery February 6th this year at Jacobi. So far lost about 34 pounds ;-).

Hola! Soy Janett naci y vivo en Phoenix, de padres Mexicanos.. Aun espero que mi aseguranza responda al appeal.. Es emocionante ver como bajan de peso ! Thats awesome!!

Alguien esta en la etapa PURE. Quiero ideas...ya no quiero liquidos...si puedo comer huevos ...pescado y cottage cheese <----- yukkkk. Pero siendo hispana necesitamos una variedad de otras comidas Que podemos incorporar...ideas alguien ?

Yo me hice mi cirugia 4/17/12. Me acuedo que en la etapa del puree mi mama me hacia sopas lipton con papas, zanahorria y las pasaba por la licuadora. Siempre y cuando las sopas sean healthy te las puedes comer asi por que lo q importa es q sea puree.