Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Months out and still feeling like I'm not worthy of my success!

You look great and U are SO WORTH IT! congrats!

Thank you!!

Congrats! That's so awesome!! I am so proud of u! You have done an amazing job!! Throw out all of those clothes that are too big! I went from a 22 to a 10. I don't wear anything that is too big. Regardless the amount of money I have spent on clothes over the last 11 months. I bought clothes for every size I went down. However. I am dealing with not wanting to leave the house. I never want to go and do anything. I would rather stay at home and go to the gym. I always decline invites with friends. All that being said. It sounds like we are all having struggles with the weight loss in some fashion. Good luck to you!! Throw out all of those clothes that are too big!! :)

I will if you promise to get out of the house other than the gym, lol!!! Thank you!!

Thank you Guys so Much!!!!!!!

I can totally understand how you feel. Im only a little over half way to goal and have not yet started shopping for smaller clothes (except yoga clothes) because I feel like if I take small clothes into the dressing room that people will be like "whats the fat girl taking those smaller sizes in there for?" and then if they dont fit Ill feel so ashamed and secretly think that they are snickering saying "Ha ha, I knew that wouldnt fit you, what were you thinking?" So I continue to wear my really big clothes, cinched up jeans and super big shirts. I only feel worthy when Im at yoga and being in touch with my body. Oh and when my awesome hubby is chasing me around lol.

I think we've spent too much time in our lives feeling unworthy. You ARE worthy!! You've worked hard, own it!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to shop in the jrs dept! Lol!

So I have confession: I went shopping over the weekend and found some pretty summer dresses and and bathing suit. The thing is it was all located in the juniors dept!! I felt guilty for even looking in the dept but Hubby and my Sis kept trying to reassure me that it was ok. All I kept thinking was, "what gives me the right to be In This section that I have NEVER been in in all of my life!!! (Tearing up)

I'm 8 months out, 115 pounds gone. I'm at below my goal. I made it to 100lbs gone six months out!! I'm in a size 8 pants and dresses, small shirts, and I've been shopping a lot in Victoria secrets! I'm happy until I go out to go shopping then I get sad because I don't feel like I'm worthy!!! This mind game is something else. The size 8 jeans I had them for 3 weeks still wearing my size 2xl and size 12 because I couldn't believe I was actually in a size 8. I probably would still be wearing my bigger drawers if I wasn't losing them so much while at work. Just want to put my thoughts out there!!!

Oh, the head games we play. It takes a while, and at almost 3 yrs out, I still look at my jeans and think 'NO WAY WILL THESE FIT' - I know it's all in my head. I still have my husband point out women in the mall that are my size. It's easy for me to look at them and see the real them, but when I look at myself in the mirror, although i don't see the 228 lb me, I don't REALLY see how I look to others. I've been shopping in the missy dept....it took quite a while for me to not automatically go to the womens dept. It is so weird....but it keeps me aware of how my life is now, my new life.

You do deserve this, enjoy every single minute of it!!!!! Just wait, you'll be in a six before you know it!!

I am forcing myself to accept my new size. Today I shopped for a shirt, picked up a large instead of an XXXL which was my old size. My wife asked me if I wanted to take an XL back with me to the try-on room just in case. "Nope, the large is all I need", I said.

It was. :)

Woo-Hoo! This isn't something you stole... You worked hard and earned it!! And did you know, if you sign up to get Victotia Secret flier books, you will receive coupons in the mail for free panties a few times a year? I think you can do it online or call their customer service to get on the mailing list!! Congratulations!!

Be4,

I am 3 months out and 40 pounds down and I am having the same feelings. Whew! I thought I was crazy. People have been complimenting me and noticing my weight loss and I do not know how to reply. I stutter, look down or change the subject. I sometimes look in the mirror and still see "a big fat girl" when others see less of me. The mind thing is really difficult to understand. I think people sometimes think I am fishing for compliments but I'm not. I just totally don't believe them when they say "wow. you look great."

Congratulations!

You are so worthy of every bit of joy and health that you have worked so hard for.

It is hard for women, I think. Not sure if it's harder on women since I don't have the male perspective. The fact is men are judged on what they do, women, for the most part are judged on how they look. It's a hard thing to get over. I mean, how many times are you in the mens dept. with hubby and some other man is looking at what size and what they carry in to the fitting rooms? Never is my guess. How many times do you see other women looking at how far back on the rack you go to get to the larger sizes? Or some b***h walking through the women's section and say at the top of her lungs "Oh! Didn't know I was in the fat dept.! Yeah, right.

My point is, we need to be happy with ourselves and that is a pretty tall order when all our lives there have been the jolly band of mean people telling us how terrible we are for being overweight. It's a battle we need to win within ourselves!

You are doing great and don't let anyone, including yourself tell you otherwise! :)

Congratulations!

You are so worthy of every bit of joy and health that you have worked so hard for.

It is hard for women, I think. Not sure if it's harder on women since I don't have the male perspective. The fact is men are judged on what they do, women, for the most part are judged on how they look. It's a hard thing to get over. I mean, how many times are you in the mens dept. with hubby and some other man is looking at what size and what they carry in to the fitting rooms? Never is my guess. How many times do you see other women looking at how far back on the rack you go to get to the larger sizes? Or some b***h walking through the women's section and say at the top of her lungs "Oh! Didn't know I was in the fat dept.! Yeah, right.

My point is, we need to be happy with ourselves and that is a pretty tall order when all our lives there have been the jolly band of mean people telling us how terrible we are for being overweight. It's a battle we need to win within ourselves!

You are doing great and don't let anyone, including yourself tell you otherwise! :)

I may be a rarity or just deaf or dense, but I have never, in my life heard anyone say something about the 'fat dept.' although I myself probably THOUGHT it when I was shopping there. I've never had a salesperson be rude or disrespectful to me.....but, I can say I was at either the Galleria or NorthPark Mall here in Dallas, after my weight loss and heard a sales person say something about 'not carrying your size in this dept' Let me add, this sales woman was NOT from America, and CERTAINLY not from Texas! The woman had not asked about a size, hell, she may have been shopping for her daughter or niece. Had I had more time, I would have found the dept. head and told them what I'd overheard. Maybe she did not mean anything hurtful, but it made ME uncomfortable and I was embarrassed for the customer.

You know, there are people who say rude and hurtful things, not just about weight, but women can be mean to other women about anything from wearing white before Easter to somebody's tacky nail polish. Seriously.....we are not victims when we are heavy, we didn't corner the market - some people just have no manners. There is a LOT of pressure put on women, much of it we put on ourselves.

[/font]

I may be a rarity or just deaf or dense, but I have never, in my life heard anyone say something about the 'fat dept.' although I myself probably THOUGHT it when I was shopping there. I've never had a salesperson be rude or disrespectful to me.....but, I can say I was at either the Galleria or NorthPark Mall here in Dallas, after my weight loss and heard a sales person say something about 'not carrying your size in this dept' Let me add, this sales woman was NOT from America, and CERTAINLY not from Texas! The woman had not asked about a size, hell, she may have been shopping for her daughter or niece. Had I had more time, I would have found the dept. head and told them what I'd overheard. Maybe she did not mean anything hurtful, but it made ME uncomfortable and I was embarrassed for the customer.

You know, there are people who say rude and hurtful things, not just about weight, but women can be mean to other women about anything from wearing white before Easter to somebody's tacky nail polish. Seriously.....we are not victims when we are heavy, we didn't corner the market - some people just have no manners. There is a LOT of pressure put on women, much of it we put on ourselves.

When I read your characterization of women I was trying to think of instances when men were rude about weight to other men. Maybe my 64 years have not yielded me enough experience but the only times I can think of when a man brings up the weight of another man maliciously to his face is when he trying to provoke a fist fight. Otherwise, who gives a crap?

I have heard men say...yo mama is so fat....she has to..blah, blah, blah,,,,which is more a battle of insult skill and imagination..

I've been having band-to-sleeve pre-op thoughts thinking that the surgery won't work for me like it has for so many others...worrying about surgery...worrying about if I will/can comply to the sleeve adjustment....just worrying. I caught myself today and stopped long enough to pause this stinking thinking that I've been going through. I want to succeed at weight loss once and for all and yet a part of me can't even imagine what a life without the excess weight will really feel like. What will I do without my fat suit that made me and others so comfortable? I imagine that I will feel exposed. The other part of me is terribly afraid that I might not lose the weight again. There's so much emotional stuff to work through. Mind, body, soul connection. That's why I visit WLS websites and go to WLS support groups to sort through some of it.

Congratulations on reaching goal!

Be4' date='

I am 3 months out and 40 pounds down and I am having the same feelings. Whew! I thought I was crazy. People have been complimenting me and noticing my weight loss and I do not know how to reply. I stutter, look down or change the subject. I sometimes look in the mirror and still see "a big fat girl" when others see less of me. The mind thing is really difficult to understand. I think people sometimes think I am fishing for compliments but I'm not. I just totally don't believe them when they say "wow. you look great."[/quote']

DITTO! You are in my brain...

Woo-Hoo! This isn't something you stole... You worked hard and earned it!! And did you know, if you sign up to get Victotia Secret flier books, you will receive coupons in the mail for free panties a few times a year? I think you can do it online or call their customer service to get on the mailing list!! Congratulations!!

You are so right, I'm stealing your quote.... No I did not steal this so why feel guilty!!!! Thanks so much!!!!