Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 2 weeks post op and I've lost a total of 26 pounds. Which I'm very thankful for but I'm still miserable. Everything makes me feel bloated and uncomfortable. The Protein Shakes are the worst. And I'm not even getting the proper amount of Water. Am I ever going to feel better?? What can I do??

It will get better! I promise. I'm 5 weeks out and just starting to feel normal. I know the Protein sucks, but its so important to get that in along with your Water. I was vomiting non stop the last two weeks because I didn't take in all my protein and Vitamins. My surgeon and I had no idea what was going on with me so I decided to try some food and I was all better. Just focus on the finish line!

It is quite possible that on the fourth of July you could be 100 pounds lighter, and eating a burger. One day at a time!! As internal swelling goes down bloating will resolve. Feel better!!!

My first two weeks were admittedly rough...especially the first. I, too, had lost nearly 25 pounds but felt like I couldn't keep up with the fluids/supplements/protein shake schedule. I fell behind on everything and had no energy.

But things quickly improved. I returned to work on week 3...made sure I got in Protein in the morning which gave me the energy to get through my day. And I keep sipping, sipping and sipping.

I'm at week 5 now...and doing great. Hang in there...it will get better.

Are you on any meds/otc/homeopathic anything?

Also, are you lactose intolerant?

I'm at 2 weeks today. Still, I'm on full-liquids. One day I'm lousy the next ok. But better than last week. I had a hernia fixed w my sleeve and went home with drains but got those little devils out last week. I've lost 15 since surgery. Congrats on your loss! I couldn't get my Protein in and I finally found "Nectar" a flavor I could tolerate and I add a serving of Unflavored protein to it. So It takes me hours to get it down-but by the end of the day I have my protein in !! I am getting some Water down, Eating (drinking) creamy soups! Tomato today. YAY!

It will get better :) Hang in there and keep your eyes on the prize. walk around after you eat , I am 3 month out and still do that it helps with any discomfort I have. Eat slowly and chew the food well. :)

Yes!! It does get better, promise!! I felt the same way! I am not just shy of 3 weeks post op and feeling pretty good this past week! Hang in there!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks guys. The only meds I'm on are antacids. And I have to walk while I'm eating or drinking otherwise I can't get it down at all. The Protein is the worst though. It literally make my whole abdomen harden.