Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What stage is mashed potatoes in?

IM in love with yoyos...potatoe wedges is what you would call it in other parts of the us. The inside flavoring is what i miss and there's only one place i like to get them from. when we'll i be able to go buy potato wedges and did the potato part out. it is sorta like mash potatoes.

IM in love with yoyos...potatoe wedges is what you would call it in other parts of the us. The inside flavoring is what i miss and there's only one place i like to get them from. when we'll i be able to go buy potato wedges and did the potato part out. it is sorta like mash potatoes.

While this can get debated, potatoes are something that may have to be off your list. This is a high starch and high carbohydrate food that will not help in your weight loss journey. You should have a discussion with your nutritionist, but I have a feeling they are going to scratch all white starches, (rice, bread, pastas) off your list of approved foods. Doesn't mean you can't go out and eat them till your heart is content, but it won't be the best choice you could make.

Hi dat. I noticed that each of your posts is asking about high carb foods....oatmeal, frozen yogurt and now potatoes. Im a total carb addict and these foods are also some of my favorites. Since i know these foods are really hard for me to limit, i really have to avoid them. When we eat high carb foods, they make us want more. While we lose weight, we need to focusnon high Protein foods/drinks. Once we are further down the line we can add back some complex carbs but on a limited basis. I would encourage you to focus on why you had the surgery andnto picture the thin version of youself before you eat any of the foods youve mentioned. They are not going to help you reach goal. We all know how hard it is to break away from our old eating patterns and to develop new, healthier habits, but we just have to if we want this to work. Stick to your plan and try to find something to occupy your time so that your head is filled with thoughts other than those high carb foods. Best wishes for super success!

The order of phases that we were told at my hospital:

Stage 1: Clear liquids w/protein shakes as supplements - 1 week (or more.. the nutritionist gives the ok to move on)

Stage 2: full liquid and Protein shakes (yogurts, puddings, kefir, cream soups) - 1 week (again with nutritionist ok to move on)

Stage 3: soft solid Protein (tuna, ground turkey, cottage cheese, chicken/egg salad, white fish, ricotta) 2 week duration

Stage 4: Adding in non protein foods

Stage 4 is where we can add other foods back in, but... PROTEIN must be consumed first. If you have a little room left over then you can add things in. They advise for vegetables to always follow the protein, keeping in mind that potatoes are considered more a starch than a veggie.

If it's the inside flavoring that you're craving.. do you mean the potato flavor? or is it some sort of spice? If it's spice, you can probably work it into some a mashed cauliflower that might help that craving. Keep in mind that it's not uncommon for tastes to change. You might not even want potatoes.

IM in love with yoyos...potatoe wedges is what you would call it in other parts of the us.

I think the bigger question for you is in that statement alone...

Love yourself, your family, your friends - not a food item... Are you willing to try? I bet you can!!

Hi dat. I noticed that each of your posts is asking about high carb foods....oatmeal' date=' frozen yogurt and now potatoes. Im a total carb addict and these foods are also some of my favorites. Since i know these foods are really hard for me to limit, i really have to avoid them. When we eat high carb foods, they make us want more. While we lose weight, we need to focusnon high Protein foods/drinks. Once we are further down the line we can add back some complex carbs but on a limited basis. I would encourage you to focus on why you had the surgery andnto picture the thin version of youself before you eat any of the foods youve mentioned. They are not going to help you reach goal. We all know how hard it is to break away from our old eating patterns and to develop new, healthier habits, but we just have to if we want this to work. Stick to your plan and try to find something to occupy your time so that your head is filled with thoughts other than those high carb foods. Best wishes for super success![/quote']

Aaaww thanks for your advice. I've been battling with head hunger and its beyond annoying. It makes me crazy.

Aaaww thanks for your advice. I've been battling with head hunger and its beyond annoying. It makes me crazy.

Hang in there. Once you lose some and drop your too big clothes at goodwill, it will get easier to be tough on your cravings! Warm broth and warm tea helped curb my hunger early on and now too.

You're totally not crazy. Heck, if we were all experts in battling head hunger, we wouldn't have needed surgery to begin with.

Just allow yourself to "feel" it, don't ignore it, but at the same time don't give into it. Just acknowledge it, think about what might be making you "head-hungry" and tell yourself you deserve to be healthy and successful more than having the ability to throw down a bunch of battered, deep-fried carbs that will NEVER love you back.

It's hard, but if you can start breaking this head-stuff down now, you'll have long-term success! And the hope of long-term success is why we have resorted to such drastic measures to alter our anatomies.

You can do this!

You're totally not crazy. Heck' date=' if we were all experts in battling head hunger, we wouldn't have needed surgery to begin with.

Just allow yourself to "feel" it, don't ignore it, but at the same time don't give into it. Just acknowledge it, think about what might be making you "head-hungry" and tell yourself you deserve to be healthy and successful more than having the ability to throw down a bunch of battered, deep-fried carbs that will NEVER love you back.

It's hard, but if you can start breaking this head-stuff down now, you'll have long-term success! And the hope of long-term success is why we have resorted to such drastic measures to alter our anatomies.

You can do this![/quote']

Kirk....thankkkk youuuuu so much. I so totally needed to hear this. Amen !!! what stage are you in? Are you able to eat meat ( Protein )