Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

on top enjoying the view

Thanks Fiddleman. I plan to do a lot more hiking this summer, so I'll definitely be hitting you up for some hiking suggestions later this summer. I will not be hiking with you however. When I saw you did the Mt. Si hike in 45 minutes I figured it had to be a typo, either with the time or with the elevation/ distance of the hike. I even looked up the hike online. Then I read some of your other posts and saw your 5k and 10k times. I realized you're just a beast! Maybe next summer, but thanks for the inspiration.

I do have to say that I am recovering from soar legs yesterday and today. Kind of expected it and may break from my usual training today. Great part was I felt no fatigue on the way up and kept waiting for the usual burning or fatigue. None. However, my legs were fatigued by the time of the car ride home. Lots of downhill stomping ( kind of jogged it). That being said, this has been the best hike experience ever when not have to carry the extra weight. Maybe I will try running this trail later in the summer, when the snow is gone. BTB, may check out those vibrams after all. It would probably be about 4-5 % grade, but someone do correct me if I am way off in that guess. I am training during the week currently with 1-2%, but hope to get up to 3-4% in the coming months for 5-10k distances. Now, where is that hot tub when I need one to soak my legs!! And the Epson salt!! Lol. :)

Beautiful views! I don't think I could deal with snow day to day. I'm a total wimp! The first time I had to shovel my way out of my house, I'd be flying south with the birds!

Isn't it great what we can do now as opposed to before WLS?!?!?! Thamk God We are doing so well, living life & getting those endorphins we need. If you do the PCT, I will bring you supplies in Lake Tahoe area, good luck.

Isn't it great what we can do now as opposed to before WLS?!?!?! Thamk God We are doing so well' date=' living life & getting those endorphins we need. If you do the PCT, I will bring you supplies in Lake Tahoe area, good luck.[/quote']

It is life changer for sure. VSG has made it possible to act on dreams. Image that! Good luck every one.