Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one that feels they still look the same after losing 60+ pounds? I see pics of other people and you all look great after losing weight but when I look in the mirror I don't see a difference in myself. I still have a long way to go (about 70 more pounds) but I just thought I would be able to notice a difference in myself by now. My husband says I'm crazy to not see a difference but I just don't. Am I the only one?

No, this is common. Have you compared pictures? It helps. and time helps too. I sometimes still see the 260 pound girl. It does get better.

No, not alone! Every one of my friends tells me how great I look and they can see a huge difference after losing 60lbs but all I see is fat in the mirror. Ugh. The only way I can tell is by my measurements and the way my clothes are all really baggy but I don't see the difference in the mirror.

I was afraid of feeling like this to!

feels they still look the same

AceyKay

you've lost 60 lbs???? WooHoo :)

what sleeve of steele and MrsG said (and probably others to follow) when you look in the mirror - you don't see that difference that others see.

ie DH sees the difference and i'm sure other people see too

try on some clothes that didn't fit you before - or your present clothes - see how different they now look :)

you will gradually see the difference - but don't look at yourself in the mirror all the time - "check" yourself out once a month ;)

keep up the good work

congrats on all your success

good luck today, tomorrow and always for the rest of your healthier, happier, longers life :)

The only time it hits me is when I happen to be folding my new underwear at the same time as a few older pairs. I'm like dang, these old things are HUGE. And then I'm shocked by how little the new ones are and have to keep trying them on to make sure they really DO fit. It's so weird how we see ourselves!

You are not alone. I know I must look different because others notice, and I've dropped three sizes (at least), but when I look in the mirror, I don't see much of a difference. For me, some of it is that I could never get used to myself at that super high weight, even though I was sure there for a long time! I wonder if in my mind's eye, I saw a somewhat slimmer person - similar to where I am now - what is considered just obese, instead of morbidly obese! Must be a coping mechanism, lol. Who knows!? Anyway, I see the scale moving, measurements shrinking, and the pile of clothes that are too big growing, but I'm still shocked when I get the realization that it's actually true - I am smaller! Gotta admit - it's always a pleasant surprise. :) Enjoy your success.

Alot of times I don't recognize myself. I will walk by a full length mirror in a department store, and I will stop and walk backwards and look again. I am down 115 lbs. when I was down 60 lbs. I was like you. Everyone commented on how different I looked and I didn't feel any different.

When I'm waking in a mall or in the grocery store. I always think tht someone is looking at me cause I'm so fat, and then I remember I'm not fat anymore.

It's also crazy for me tht I can feel my hip bones and ribs. I've been overweight my whole life and this is all so new to me!

I think that, somehow, we develop a mental picture of ourselves when we look in the mirror. I never thought I looked as heavy in the mirror at 450 lbs as I did in pictures. And when I lost weight down to 157 in college, I still saw a much heavier person in the mirror than pictures of myself from that time looks.

I agree with the poster who said to look at pictures. It seems like then, your brain allows you to see the truth objectively, as though it tricks your brain into not thinking it's you!

You're not the only one... I am down 120 pounds and still have thunder thighs... I don't see what everyone says they see. Hopefully I will soon.

So glad I am not the only one that thinks this way! I am down 30 my first month and feel like there is no difference. People say they can tell but when I look in the mirror I see no change. My husband said the other day " you look a lot smaller". I took a "biggest looser" picture the day of surgery and compare weekly photos. Pretty much the only way to convince myself I am loosing

I have lost inches and pounds but dont see it. I still me as the same. I have a condition I coined fat°eye°itis.

GRATEFUL N THANKFUL

I feel the same way! With clothes on man i see the weight is going away. Get naked in front of a mirror and the fat me is back!

It wasn't till last week I did my second before and after picture since surgery that I saw I now have collar bones! Who knew?!?

Brain fog doesn't clear for a while...