Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! Im about 11.5 weeks out. Started at 260 now at 230. 30 lb loss post op. I have not lost a pound in a month. I eat 900-1200 cal a day. 50-90 carbs. 60-100 grms Protein. I work out 3x a week. For all that went through a stall, how did i get out and how long were u in it?? Getting sad :(.

Um, I think your carbs are too high... I try to stay under 40 max.

Just be persistent. You are probably still loosing inches, and building muscle, redefining your interior which helps most of all.

Eat nutrient dense food, keep a log to make sure you are taking in what you think you are. Multivitamin, daily! Water, Water, water - add citrus if you can, even if just lemon water and a tad of honey.

sleep, sleep, SLEEP, zzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzllleeeeeeeppppp - so much more impotrtant than it seems (search "sleep and weigh loss").

T-shirt! get a tshirt that is too tight - tight enough to get on but not rip or blow seams - then take and put it away for a week or two, try it on every so often - you will see progress even when you stall.

Im a little over 9 weeks but am keeping my calories under 800 and carbs less than 50- (program recommendations) Most days i barely make 700-750 and carbs are about 35. Protein is about 100. My loss is pretty steady.. I lose two pounds, then one, next day one more, then three days of maintaining and rebalancing... Then i drop two etc..stairsteps. I didnt lose any until the third week after surgery. I dont plan to increase the amount of calories, carbs and fat im currently eating any time soon. Im a long way from goal so keeping it there for now. Will add some complex carbs to maintain once i hit goal which will up the calories. Ive lost about 30 lbs postop.

I dont think ive seen many eating that many calories at only 3 months out. Im sure others will chime in. Good luck. Hang in there. Youll figure it out

Just be persistent. You are probably still loosing inches' date=' and building muscle, redefining your interior which helps most of all.

Eat nutrient dense food, keep a log to make sure you are taking in what you think you are. Multivitamin, daily! Water, Water, water - add citrus if you can, even if just lemon water and a tad of honey.

sleep, sleep, SLEEP, zzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzllleeeeeeeppppp - so much more impotrtant than it seems (search "sleep and weigh loss").

T-shirt! get a tshirt that is too tight - tight enough to get on but not rip or blow seams - then take and put it away for a week or two, try it on every so often - you will see progress even when you stall.[/quote']

I like the tshirt idea!

Thanks all for the advice. Im changing my routine. Carbs under 50, cals under 1k and more water!!! Will do 2 weeks of this to see if it helps.

Um' date=' I think your carbs are too high... I try to stay under 40 max.[/quote']

Thats what i think too.

Hi All: Feelme2 what foods are you eating, if you don't mind me asking. You look wonderful!

My doc and nutritionist only advise 30 grams of carbs a day... I am to get a minimum of 60 grams of Protein and no more than 30 grams of carbs... I average 900-1000 cal a day and exercise 6x per week... Even then, my loss is slow, but steady.

My sugical team focuses on Protein and calories, not carbs. They didnt give me a guide for carbs. But i have pcos so they told me to limit hit gave me no #. Will keep it under 50 to be safe.

I had my carbs below 40 then, to be sure, but my overall calories got up to 1000 by the fifth month at least, so for most of you that would be more like the 3rd or early 4th month (I had some complications that made solid food a back and forth thing for me for awhile). For me, and this is just for me - maybe for you - the need to maintain my muscle was really imperative to me. My final size was and still is TBD, but I knew what I wanted out if my body - performance, energy, clear mind, presence in what I was doing - and muscle, muscle, strength, muscle. So I allowed the calories - but I am 5'10" and built in many ways like a man, so I knew I could take it.

I will try to find a pic I took in July - my neck was sooo thin, wow...just so weak and frail looking, and now - ha! Not so much now.

Just went to my endocrinologist today and she said keep the carbs no less than 90. I have been doing between 60 and 90 for awhile now. I am still losing. I have been able to decrease my insulin by 150 units a day. I guess this carb, calorie issue is so different for every person. It seems when I don't lose for a few days I increase or decrease cal or carbs and I lose again.

make sure your carbs are "complex" carbs and not "simple" carbs too.