Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buying a suit at Macy's today..NSV

Before my surgery I went to Macy's and looked at the beautiful and way too small suits and told them, "I'll be back and you'll be mine!"

That day has come.

My size is not only on the rack now, it is down the rack to the smaller sizes!

I'm a minister, I need a good black suit for marrying and burying and for special services. Now my size is the one I had when I married my first couple when I was in my 20's, the groom bought me a Johnny Carson suit. I loved that suit, I wore it out.

Macy's has Donald Trump, Micheal Kors, and Kenneth Cole suits that look good. I don't know what I'll get but I know it's going to be fun. Knowing me, I will probably tell the salesperson the story.

God has indeed smiled on me, with His help I've dumped hated burdens and gained many great friends here in this forum.

I'll post pics when I can.

Can't wait to see!!!! Post several shots, please!

It is just so much fun to buy nice normal clothes off the rack like nice normal people! It still freaks me out to pick up a regular size off the rack - AND IT FITS!!

lol when I first started reading and I read the word "suit", my mind immediately went to swimsuits. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Awesome!!! And yes please update us with pictures.

That is such wonderful news!

I can't wait till I can one day shop at Macy's again (altho I'm sure my husband isn't quite as excited about that! LOL!) Unfortunately, they don't carry tents, so I haven't shopped there in years!

I hope you enjoy your shopping trip! Can't wait to see a pic of your final decision on which suit!! I love a man in a suit! :) God Bless you!!!

Gee Whiz, hurry up, will ya?? Wanna see!!

Gee Whiz, hurry up, will ya?? Wanna see!!

Purchases made, was great fun as expected. My daughter and granddaughter went with me. They had to make sure I didn't fuddy-duddy it up. :huh::D

I have company tonight and am taking a long bathroom break so I can hit the forum. I will get on the pics as soon as possible. I will tell you I got a bit wild with the credit card. :o

Good for you! I'm looking forward to being able to shop at Macy's again! It will also be really nice to not have to pack for every possibility when I travel because I can't just go anywhere and pick something up off the rack if I need it! So much to look forward to!! Have a great rest of your day! :)

That's fantastic! Congrats, congrats! None of my four suits fit anymore. I feel like David Byrne in that old Talking Heads video! :) Can't wait to buy a new suit at a normal store!!!!!

Calvin Klein suit and tie, Kenneth Cole shirt. From a 56 long to a 44 long.

I also bought:

Michael Kors Navy Blazer, Alfani tie, Perry Ellis pants, Kenneth Cole shirt

Leaned on the plastic pretty hard today...I ate sensible though.. :rolleyes::D

Here's a pic of me about 5 years ago when I was not at my heaviest, I had just married my niece and her husband. No, they are not Hobbits, I'm just kinda big. :huh:

This pic was when I first preached after cancer treatment in 2009, 335 pounds:

post-20464-1381366404828_thumb.jpg

post-20464-13813664049325_thumb.jpg

post-20464-13813664051482_thumb.jpg

post-20464-13813664053367_thumb.jpg

Hot tamale!!! You look awesome!!!

WOW that looks great! It looks custom tailored!

Glad I stayed up!

Oh and Peter noone (spelling) ??He has nothing on you

Wow you look great in both...and so skinny!