Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 2 Months Post-Op - And I feel like i can eat everything!

now don't worry. i know i've posted before back when i was just 10 days out. but now i'm almost 2 months out and i really feel good. i can eat meat, chicken, and fish.

i can eat baked crackers. i've even tried soft Pasta. (small ravioli)

all SMALL PORTIONS of course.

i don't want to ruin or hurt myself or my sleeve.

I've even tried a little bread and some whole wheat wrap.

i am NOT eating sandwiches or subs or bowls of pasta or anything like that. NO fries and no burgers or anything. just a nibble of bread and pasta here and there. and once and a while..some baked crackers. NOT greasy chips. NO ice cream and no pastry.

I must admit i've been really lucky. no nausea and no pains.I just can't eat a lot. I fill up really fast.

I'm just curious. has anyone else tried anything?

can you handle it?

i've always stated in other posts how i don't want to eat carbs too often anymore. I'm afraid of gaining weight back and also I'm afraid of slowing down my new weight loss.

so far i am down 70lbs in just 7 weeks. i think my progress is pretty good. i want to keep it going.

thanks for reading. i value your time, thoughts, and input

yeah for the most part I can eat small portions of anything just a tast of it, lol I am about 12 weeks out

I AM 15DAYS OUT AND I CAN EAT ALL MY SOFT FOODS WITH NO PROBLEM!! THEY PUT Pasta ON AS A SOFT food AND NO PROBLEM!! I TOO EAT CRACKERS AS ITS BETTER AND bread WILL BE THE LAST FOOD CLEARED FOR ME WITH STEAK!! CRACKERS ARE MADE "MUSHY' WHEN YOU CHEW SO THEY LET ME HAVE THEM IN THE SOFT FOODS!!

I suggest you be careful with all of these filler foods. If you are eating your Protein and veggie in that order you shouldn't have any room left for crackers, bread or Pasta. Are you just testing yourself? Why do you need to try these foods? It is a slippery slope of eating; remember that you need to change your eating habits for good. There will come a time when you can eat more of those foods and by the sounds of it you probably will. Stay away from them, you don't need them and neither does your new stomach.

I for one didn't have the sleeve to be on a diet for the rest of my life! For my Snacks (if I can fit them in) I eat whatever. i choose to, but it mostly include fruit, cheese, cup of choc milk, and wheat thins. If I have a taste for ice cream, I will have a tablespoon or two. Seafood and some chicken feels better eating than beef. But I have been able to pretty much eat anything with no adverse reaction especially salad and.eggs.

If you are like me and love Pasta get some dreamfield pasta! Net carbs is like 6 and has Protein. I tried bread, just a few bites and my belly got too full. Staying away for now

Yes Tawnie. big italian with a huge family and we love our Pasta. i'll try it thanks. @amazon, i don't eat or try everything in one sitting. crackers for Snacks. things like that. my NUT told me to experiment so i try new things every now and then. I'm not eating junk food or greasy food. simple carbs that is all.

Most of us completely understand the post-op diet and the reasons for it. I've noticed several of us have chosen to advance our diets at our own pace. I'm one of them. The reason for this forum is for support and understanding from a group of people who have had VSG or will be getting it. There are always a few who will (nicely of course) inform the rest of us how we need to follow Dr's orders to the T, to not make any choices about diet on our own, and give a lot of potential negative consequences for making our own choices. I would imagine that we all know the potential risks and have determined that we are intelligent enough and have enough self control to make decisions about our own bodies. With the wide variance on post op diets set out by various doctors, it seems that there are many choices and courses of action.

Not knocking following Dr's orders at all - just saying that if we choose to follow our own path, the same support should be given either way. I'm down 17.5 pounds in 12 days.

sharonintx I couldn't have said it better myself!! Wonderful post and so true!! I too have progressed to soft foods early but I am still making wise choices and oh yeah down 24lbs is 11 days!! yay!!