Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Purging my closet again - anxiety

Just finished my second closet purge and I'm really struggling with it - again. I got through it once and I'll get through this one but I'm having such a hard time giving away my things. Even though I was fat I had some really nice things. Since I'm still in the phase were you blow through sizes each month I've been reluctant to buy nice things bc I don't want to waste my money. First world problems, right? :)

I'm no longer plus size and yet I'm scared to go into a regular store bc I feel like I'm going to get the "what are YOU doing in here?" look. My mind just isn't keeping up with my body!

I know I can't move forward without letting go of the past, but gosh this is all happening so fast.

I shopped at Goodwill for the first 6 months because I couldn't justify spending the money on clothes I knew I was only going to be wearing for a few weeks. That gave my mind time to catch up to my body. I love not having to look through the racks for the 3x or 2x clothers anymore. Looking at a manikin wearing size medium clothing and knowing I can have that look makes me smile from ear to ear.

But you gotta purge the closet. Take it down to Goodwill and then go shopping there. The new clothes store will be there when you reach your body's goal.

You can do this! Out with the old, in with the new!

I go to Marshall's and don't spend more than $20 for work pants. I have 3 pair navy, grey and black which I rotate during the week. I have to dress well for work but buy everything on clearance or Marshalls's.

I need to purge my closet as well, but it's so hard. I keep thinking "I may need that someday" can't get out of that Mind-set... Will get there eventually I guess...

I cant wait to have this issue!! But they are right out with the old you and in with the smaller and new improved you. Good Luck to you.

Maybe you can take some of the things you truly love to a good tailor. I am one of 7 children, so you best believe there was a lot of tailoring in my house. Once I get to that stage, the things that I LOVE, I will have tailored. The things I don't will be donated or given away.

I have been having a bit of a hard time with purging as well. Well, actually I haven't been able to do it yet! I am not down a lot of sizes but enough to get rid of stuff. I started out in a very tight 32/34 & am now in a 24. At 5'10" my goal is to get down to a size 12. I would be unhealthy in a single digit size. lol. I literally have piles of clothes in my bedroom now ranging from sizes 24-34. There is a clothing drop box not even half a mile from my apartment too. It is definitely a head thing. It took us a great amount of work before we were ready to really lose our weight by getting sleeved. I think that it will also take time for us to adjust to not being heavy. I ramble, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone!

I just purged my closet for the third yesterday! Only because the first two times I thought the same thing, maybe I will need it someday or its one of my faves. So I started trying everything on and realized its still way to big. I to have been shoppjng at the thrift stores, cause I can't stand to wear baggy pants. I also shop every clearance rack at Target and Walmart, just for a few items a month

I sold a lot of my clothes thru a yard sale site on Facebook & plus size consignment store. I had NICE clothes. I used the money to buy new clothes at Walmart & goodwill. I agree with PDX. Save your money. Pretty soon you will be smaller & smaller. Do a lot of laundry & just have a few things in each size. (Really hard to do when you start to feel SO amazing in smaller sizes!)

I went from a size 30 pants, 30/32 tops to currently size 12 pants & large tops. After I have excess skin removed from my stomach, the surgeon estimates I'll be in a 6/8!!

I'm having the same issue. I just did my first purge but I just stored and refuse to give away my winter coats. I know I won't need them next year but deep down I can't believe they will be too small. I have to buy "normal sizes" now and I feel like there's no way any of it will fit. I just got 8 shirts and workout pants for under $100 at Old Navy. I think that will be my store of choice until I stop shrinking!

Thanks everyone. I packed up two contractor bags full of stuff. I think I'm going to do like the last time and let them sit for a week or o before I take them to god will. The time between packing and getting rid of helped me detach. I'm also going to stop by a couple of local consignment shops to see how they work. I KNOW I have many items that should be able to sell. Thanks for that suggestion.

I was just thinking about this last night. Some work pants are getting too long and baggy since my asss is not holding them up anymore. I was thinking consignment but I also have thoughts that I can't get rid of my "fat clothes" in case I gain it back again. Ewwwww - At the same time I have thoughts that when I drop another 10 pound mark that I will never see THAT number again... weird.

I love this topic and can't wait until I have this problem! I know for most of us that we have several sizes in our closet because we are so used to the yo-yo dieting! This WILL be different! We can do this! :)

I sold a lot of my clothes thru a yard sale site on Facebook & plus size consignment store. I had NICE clothes. I used the money to buy new clothes at Walmart & goodwill. I agree with PDX. Save your money. Pretty soon you will be smaller & smaller. Do a lot of laundry & just have a few things in each size. (Really hard to do when you start to feel SO amazing in smaller sizes!)

I went from a size 30 pants' date=' 30/32 tops to currently size 12 pants & large tops. After I have excess skin removed from my stomach, the surgeon estimates I'll be in a 6/8!![/quote']

Thanks Kristie for sharing those numbers. I am currently in 38/40. I do have size 18/20 in my closet from the first time I lost 150lbs on diet pills then got off the pills. GUEST WHAT? I gained back that and an extra 100 lbs. Planning my Vsg in May. I'm So excited. Started cutting back starches tremendously and boosting up that Protein. I love to read about the sizes that people have dropped in clothing. It gives me something positive to look for.