Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mi doctor Hispital Dr Otiz and Alighterme review/step by step

Hi VST I had the sleeve gastrectomy on the 11th my wife an I drove down to SD airport on the 10th and were picked up by Abraham the driver for alighterme we then drove straight to the Marriott, it's about a 20 min drive the place is great very nice they give u 3 free bowls of broth 2 Popsicles and 2 free bottle waters all you have to do is call the front desk or go down to the restaurant, the next day at 7am we were picked up and taken to Mi Doctor Hospital (witch is a real hospital NOT a strip mall like Jerusalem) where we met Eduardo (TJ cordinator for Alighterme) we pretty much were checked right away (I've herd some haven't been so lucky guess alighterme has a excellent rapor with the hospital) we weren't even done saying hi to each other when we where shown to our PRIVATE room with a bed for me the patient and a bed for my wife plus my private bathroom, from their the nurse came in and took my blood and put my IV in I was lucky they got it on the first shot then came the fun part the EKG I say fun because I'm well lets just say I got a free chest hair cut lol, then the doctors came in 1 by 1 (3 total) Dr Ortiz then the anesthesiologist and then the hospital doctor they all have great bedside manners and not ones did I feel belittle by the doctors like in the US with their big words that they forget we didn't go to medical school. Oh yeah almost forgot after the anesthesiologist came Eduardo came back and let me know I would be 2nd in line to get sleeved so expect to go in by noon. At 1200 the nurse came and told me they where just finishing cleaning the OR at 12:15 the nurse came back with a wheel chair and was wheeled to the OR all I remember is laying down on the table and then waking up back in my room with a drain stitched to my side, the pain is not that bad although it is bad I think it's more in our heads at least for me I would think its going to hurt so I would cringed and tense up every time I got off the bed and just made it worse for me but the good part is the doctor leaves notes with the nurse to give you pain meds and nausea meds and antibiotics every so often so they would come and give them to me some (I was a big baby so even tho I didn't feel pain I still let them give me the meds thru my IV) but they ask you if u still want them or not, also make sure to walk walk walk if you go by your self you can ask the nurse to remind you and they will plus they can also help u up of the bed since u don't want to stretch and lift your self to much, all the nurses spoke great English but if you have trouble communicating theirs a sheet sheet on top if the room safe with English to Spanish sentence you just point also u can call Eduardo and he can translate that's also part of his job he's their to make it easy on you Ok so the first night after surgery Dr Ortiz and Eduardo came to visit me (I was also lucky that Janese was in town so she also stopped by a couple of times) it was around 9 pm I was still loopy so I don't remember what they said but my wife said they just were checking up on me and asking if their was anything they can get me or my wife they asked her if she wanted a ride to get food but she had already eaten at the cafeteria they have on the 4th floor she says its more of a kitchen with no menu so what ever your companion wants they just ask for it. The next day I was given the blue liquid for the leak test it's not as bad as people make it seem, Dr Ortiz came back again around 9am checked my drain saw no blue so the first test was good then I was wheeled down to floor 2 and was X-ray while drinking the other clear liquid and you get to watch as it travels thru your stomach and again no leaks yay! So you go back upstairs to your room and can now have liquids and ice they give you Gatorade apple juice and Lipton iced tea as much as you want but remember to sip or it will hurt and keep walking the more you walk the less gas also gasX strips helped me a lot at night That night Dr Ortiz and Eduardo came back again checked my drained and pretty Mach just checked on me and let me know the plan for the morning and going to the Marriott The next day Eduardo came gave us our goodie bags with pain meds antibiotics some nasty liquid thats for the stomach lining and your X-ray DVD and took us to the Marriott my wife and I had lunch at the hotel I had such a huge selection I couldn't decide just joking I had broth (free) and she had the buffet $15, for dinner I was feeling brave so we walked down the street and my wife got Carl's jr.(theirs also a smart and final grocery store a subway and teriyaki ) we took a cab back $3 I didn't want to over do it I ordered broth from room service The next day Abraham picked us up around 11 and took us shopping and to the pharmacy because I wanted to buy extra meds to bring back to the US the place he took us has good prices I compared it to other places I checked first and their good about price matching, plus they give you a free prescription so that you can bring the meds back home without trouble. Then he took us to this excellent Mexican food restaurant my wife loved it and the broth was way better then the hotel The next day he picked us up at 10 and drove us across the border to go home My pre diet wight was 235 at surgery I was 222 and as of today I'm 208 today I'm 1 week from surgery but I have been following their instructions to the line I still don't pick up anything over 10lbs also I still only sip because if you drink to fast it hurst because theirs not enough room for the gas and Water at the same time I totally recommend alighterme I love Janese she's always getting back to me when ever I email her, and Eduardo when I did have the hotel call him for me no sooner did I hang up the phone and he was calling me back, Abraham has a great personality too and goes above and beyond they all do and Dr Ortiz is great he talks to you more as a friend

If anyone has any questions let me know ill be happy to give you more details on any specific thing you can also email me at lexysdad04@gmail.com or pm me here or just respond

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Holy smokes! You typed all that in with your iPhone? I can't type a sentence without an error! :D

I can't even put into words how much you have put my mind at ease by posting this. I will be having surgery next month with the same surgeon and at the same hospital. Janese is also my patient coordinator. After reading about the recent passing of a member I have started getting apprehensive about surgery. Just knowing the hospital/staff are so great has calmed me down. So excited for you that things have gone so smoothly for you. Thanks again for sharing :)

Holy smokes! You typed all that in with your iPhone? I can't type a sentence without an error! :D

????Lol' date=' I'm addicted to my cell phone and txt msg

I can't even put into words how much you have put my mind at ease by posting this. I will be having surgery next month with the same surgeon and at the same hospital. Janese is also my patient coordinator. After reading about the recent passing of a member I have started getting apprehensive about surgery. Just knowing the hospital/staff are so great has calmed me down. So excited for you that things have gone so smoothly for you. Thanks again for sharing :)

I'm glad it helped put you at ease I too read about the member passing away recently and also a lot of other horror stories about leaks, but like I told my wife if its my turn to go (and I pray it's not) then no matter how careful we are it will still be our turn.

Oh if you can request the 3rd floor and get Samantha (Sammy) she is the best she really pampers you, well they all do but I just really liked her personality best

thank you!!! I am using alighterme as well, my coordinator is Rhonda, and I am using Dr. Lopez/Ortiz so hearing about your experiance has really been great!!!!!

Glad to hear your surgery went well. You had a better experience then I did. I'm still debating whether to post my story or not and how truthful to be. :) how are you doing at home?

I would like to hear your story Fletcherette. Did you go thru A Lighter Me?

Fletcherette, I would also like to hear your story. If you aren't comfortable posting publicly, would you be okay sending a PM? Thanks.

No I went through ready for a change with dr Garcia. I'll begin typing up my story and post it within the week

No I went through ready for a change with dr Garcia. I'll begin typing up my story and post it within the week

I'm planning to go to this Doc and with this company, I would love to hear.

I'm glad my review has helped put some of you at ease, I research soo many doctors first, originally I was going to go with Dr Lopez/Dr Ortiz but I had to move my date up and I'm glad I did because everything seemed to have worked out to my favor and their where less surgeries so I got extra attention,

oh I also found out Dr Ortiz is one of the main surgeons at the main hospital for Tijuana that's ran by the government, so he has plenty of experience he is just not as famous as some other doctors

Oh and another thing for those that need a gallbladder removed, my coordinator said it would only be an extra $500 and you can get it done at the same time.

Hey fletcherette I would love to read your review specially since we both went in on the same day so please hurry ;) and post it up

Glad to hear your surgery went well. You had a better experience then I did. I'm still debating whether to post my story or not and how truthful to be. :) how are you doing at home?

I wish you would post it since a lot of us are trying to make a choice and need to hear ALL sides to the story. I was going to go with Dr. Illan and learned that all of his credintials were phoney. He is a doctor but he is not a surgeon and has NO documentation...All the associations he claims he has, when I called them, he was not listed...When I asked his coordinator Omar for copies of his certificates I was told that was none of my business. SOOO it would be nice to hear ALL sides of the story. I am going to Mexico as that is ALL I can afford. I just want to make the best possible choice with all the information there is out there. I realise some people have great stories and others not so great. So please post.

I wish you would post it since a lot of us are trying to make a choice and need to hear ALL sides to the story. I was going to go with Dr. Illan and learned that all of his credintials were phoney. He is a doctor but he is not a surgeon and has NO documentation...All the associations he claims he has' date=' when I called them, he was not listed...When I asked his coordinator Omar for copies of his certificates I was told that was none of my business. SOOO it would be nice to hear ALL sides of the story. I am going to Mexico as that is ALL I can afford. I just want to make the best possible choice with all the information there is out there. I realise some people have great stories and others not so great. So please post.[/quote']

Wow! He actually said that it was none of your business? You have every right to see those credentials!! I still haven't narrowed it down to which surgeon I want. I'm so confused. Still. I start feeling confident with one, then I read something that makes me change my mind. This is an extremely hard decision! I just want to make the right one :/

Wow! He actually said that it was none of your business? You have every right to see those credentials!! I still haven't narrowed it down to which surgeon I want. I'm so confused. Still. I start feeling confident with one, then I read something that makes me change my mind. This is an extremely hard decision! I just want to make the right one :/

Me too, I cant decide. I have realized that there is good and bad to all of them...the ones I know for sure im not going to is Almanza and Illan. I am really leaning towards Dr. Kelly because no one has said anything bad about him but that seems almost too good to be true. PLUS he is a lot of money...I know its only 500 more but thats an airline ticket