Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Compare Don't Compare Don't Compare Don't Compare

I keep saying this to myself over and over!

I am roughly 11 weeks out and have lost 30 pounds. Which I know is fantabulous!!!

However, No one has said anything to me yet about noticing anything, which is a little disappointing I must admit.

I had to hit 50lbs before anyone noticed, then I got 3 "notices" all in one week...

I only had people notice that don't see me every day. Most of my coworkers, etc don't notice. Plus I'm not wearing anything very fitted yet. Some clothes like my jeans are baggy but that's about it.

Watch their body language and read their facial expressions. Likely they are noticing. I'm 4 mos out and down 62 lbs, but rarely does anyone make mention of it in my office. I've dropped 3 clothes sizes, hardly any of the clothes I had fit and I have shopped to replace with some smaller sizes. Only a couple of the "girls" in the office comment. One even made a point to tell me my pants were too baggy and to go get a smaller size. The guys, though, don't say anything....BUT...watch their facial expressions. You can tell they are noticing, but may not feel comfortable saying anything because of the "taboo" of talking weight with women and don't want to offend in case it's not something that is an intentional goal.

Do you notice? I find I have a harder time noticing it that other people. I did have a neighbor notice last evening when my husband and I stopped to chat during our walk. Very nice compliments from him and his wife. Waiting for our next chance to visit my family that I have not seen since Christmas. THAT is going to be fun, because I'm down about 40 lbs since I saw them last and will probably be another 10 -20 down by the time I get to see them.

Like you said, don't compare, don't compare, don't compare....you're doing GREAT! Just because they don't "say" they notice the changes/losses.....doesn't mean they aren't "seeing" the changes/losses. Keep up the good work!!!

No one says anything to me either. Most likely, because I still wear the same sweatshirt and jeans as before. I'm a hider until I feel comfortable in showing myself. Also could be the fact, that I'm so known to be a yoyo'er all my life.. They're all used to seeing me go down.. And then up! I'll have to surprise them with keeping it off and then they'll say some thing.. Maybe, lol

Yeah I am almost 6 months out and I am getting noticed finally too. I had two chicks at work that I don't know attack me when I was walking out of the gym. They wanted to kno how I lost weight so quick! Lmao! Quick this has not been quick and I have been busting my azz in the gym! It is slower than what I anticipated. I have a hundred lbs to lose so 20 doesn't attract much attention. on 170lb person that would be very noticible!

It will come off. The hardest thing is not to compare yourself to others. This is a very individual journey.

I'm down 70 pounds from my highest weight and nobody really notices. The first 25 pounds went really slow, but the next 45 pounds, I lost in just three and a half months doing the preop diet.. and still not a lot of notices. At my size it takes a LOT of weight lost before people notice.. I guess it's hard to tell the difference between "really REALLY fat" and just "really fat" Meh.. they'll notice soon enough!

I was at 60 pounds lost before people really started saying anything...now they think I'm melting away! Lol

It wasn't until about 50 lbs in (on a previous diet) tht people started noticing.

I'm 2 weeks out and others that were sleeved at the same time as me lost 30 lbs already. I lost 17. I'm trying not to compare as well.