Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I take mine whole- I was never told to crush anything. But I am only taking Nexium' date=' which is a capsule, and a birth control pill which is tiny. My Vitamins are chewable.[/quote']

My doc gave me a pill crusher to use & for the capsules, I'm suppose to open them up and pour into my Protein drinks. It's because they will absorb better in our sleeve instead of sliding through and won't take as much room this way. chewable vitamins are fine to chew. HOPE that helps.

Hello all hope everyone is doing well I have a question for anyone regarding post op meds what Should we be taking the sleeve once we go home? Are they liquid or chewable? Any suggestions? Any advice us appreciated! I'm 6 days pre op! So nervous yet excited !

My dr has me on liquids, chewables, or crushed meds for 6 weeks. I am taking 3 Flintstone multi-vitamins, liquid B-12, one pepcid ac each morning. Then I take one more pepcid at night, along with some gas-x as needed. I think I will start the calcium citrate next week. It's a lot to remember! I would definitely have the gas-x and pepcid ready and then ask your dr about the Vitamins you will need.

My doc gave me a pill crusher to use & for the capsules, I'm suppose to open them up and pour into my Protein drinks. It's because they will absorb better in our sleeve instead of sliding through and won't take as much room this way. chewable Vitamins are fine to chew. HOPE that helps.

I am supposed to take my Nexium by itself with plain Water and no food or anything else to drink except plain Water for at least 30 minutes. I think that is because I have esophagitis and I have been taking my Nexium that way for some time before surgery.

I think when it comes to medicine, every one is different, and we need to be careful to follow the directions from our own doctors, especially if it differs from other people.

So, I'm on day 6, how is everyone's hourly movement? I try to get up every hour for the 10 or 15 minutes (but not always) and much of the time I'm still in bed as it is uncomfortable to sit up for any length of time.

So' date=' I'm on day 6, how is everyone's hourly movement? I try to get up every hour for the 10 or 15 minutes (but not always) and much of the time I'm still in bed as it is uncomfortable to sit up for any length of time.[/quote']

Hi rk62!! I'm on day 5 and I actually feel great :) I move around constantly bc It helps with that uncomfortable feeling. And especially with gas pains. I walk around the house and fix my own liquids. It was the worst trying to sit up but I had to fight through it and it later it was no problem sitting up:) best wishes

-dr

I'm following mines (preop) to the letter' date=' I want a pedi liver...lol... I did notice as I went on with the diet i was getting full much faster, so I just StoPpEd when I noticed it. Tues the 18th is my day, I'm feeling very positive still. I do know I StiLL eat to fast, and will be one that will have to learn with the surgery..:-)[/quote']

LMBO @ pedi liver. :)

Tomorrow is your big day!!!! Wishing you the very very best!!! Sending you a hug & a high 5! :)

ME TOO! :o

Wow mine too early day I was leaving hospital. Oh what fun on top of everything else. Lol

Hi' date=' I'm 19 and I was sleeved on June 12th... I'm getting real nauseous when drinking the broths all I drink is Water with crystal light or ocean spray Water flavors. Do anyone have any suggestions on what I can try that didnt make you nauseous?[/quote']

My nut said 100% pure Concord grape juice helps with the nausea. I drink mine diluted & so far so good. :). Feel better soon.

My nut said 100% pure Concord grape juice helps with the nausea. I drink mine diluted & so far so good. :). Feel better soon.

Any nyc girls I have a secret fb for us to exchabge clothes n set up a meeting's. .we are trying to set up a bbq in aug..my email is crosa0012@aol.com

Great job so far!!! I'm really feeling depressed. I'm on day 7 of pre-op (june 24th is my date!), started my cycle Thursday & want to eat everything! I'm on a low carb diet & nothing is satisfying me. Today I had a Protein Shake for breakfast.then went to lunch dinner salad ! and I know I need to eat cuz Iam dying of NOOO ENERGY! I NEED SOME SUPPORT. I'M scared to get onthe scale now. Anyone out there having a rough time? Maybe I should just do liquids the rest of the week? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Im 11 days post op n lost 18 lbs..dont worry..I didnt have a pre op diet but did something on my own..its after that really matters ..good luck

Great job so far!!! I'm really feeling depressed. I'm on day 7 of pre-op (june 24th is my date!), started my cycle Thursday & want to eat everything! I'm on a low carb diet & nothing is satisfying me. Today I had a Protein shake for breakfast.then went to lunch dinner salad ! and I know I need to eat cuz Iam dying of NOOO ENERGY! I NEED SOME SUPPORT. I'M scared to get onthe scale now. Anyone out there having a rough time? Maybe I should just do liquids the rest of the week? Any suggestions? Thanks!

The pre-op diet was super tough for me too! I was HANGRY all the time, but I did lose 12 pounds and it made me excited for the surgery. My only advice is don't burn yourself out on the shakes, because you'll be drinking plenty of those after the surgery!

The pre-op diet was super tough for me too! I was HANGRY all the time' date=' but I did lose 12 pounds and it made me excited for the surgery. My only advice is don't burn yourself out on the shakes, because you'll be drinking plenty of those after the surgery![/quote']