Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinkig of booking mexico ...

Tijuana is not a vacation spot. That's where I had mine. I would only go there for surgery. I've been on vacation to both cancun & porta vollarta & they are both great places to enjoy. I'd schedule a few extra days prior to surgery to vacation there. Although, I had mine on Wednesday night & Saturday I was out touring San Diego; though I didn't have my normal stamina.

Yes that's why if I bring someone ill try and make it PV or cancun. If I go by myself I can do TJ... I want some benefit for my friend coming. I'm planning a couple days in LA on the way there for some shopping (at VS & PINK) we don't have them in nz!! Lol

Yes that's why if I bring someone ill try and make it PV or cancun. If I go by myself I can do TJ... I want some benefit for my friend coming. I'm planning a couple days in LA on the way there for some shopping (at VS & PINK) we don't have them in nz!! Lol

I know right across the border from TJ theirs a Premium outlets (Las Americas) center with VS not sure about pink theirs also a coach outlet in their and about 100 other top brands with really good prices theirs also old town San Diego to visit and of course theirs disneyland about 2 hrs away not that you want to do that after surgery but b4 surgery that would be fun especially for your friend, what I'm saying is that their might not be plenty to do right in TJ but theirs plenty to do right across the border

Oh but I do have to say that in PV (actually Nuevo Vallarta next door to PV) theirs the swim with the dolphins excursion really cool not sure on price I remember I paid about $160 that last time I went for 1hr excursion plus the rest of the day to stay for free at their Water park

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Cool thank you! I'm still waitin on my friends leave to be confirmed ... There's a chance ill have to go to TJ by myself if she can't come ... It's starting to look more appealing lol

Cancun would be nicer but its down to $$ ... Thanks again ????

PV and Cancun appealed for sure. I decided to save my extra money and apply to a post sleeve vaca to Celebrate a healthy body that will enjoy vaca more. Buuuuut. Recovering to the lull of the oceans' waves sounds like heaven....

Amanda Rae

Hi Amanda Rae! ... Yes that is also wise... I have a $2000 dollar flight to LA to add to the surgery price. I was baffled at first why everyone went to TJ ... Even tho the cost sounds/looks much nicer they seem to have some great facilities in TJ ... So I'm at the point of not even caring where I go now as long as someone takes out my stomach! Lol

Hi Amanda Rae! ... Yes that is also wise... I have a 2000 dollar flight to LA to add to the surgery price. I was baffled at first why everyone went to TJ ... Even tho the cost sounds/looks much nicer they seem to have some great facilities in TJ ... So I'm at the point of not even caring where I go now as long as someone takes out my stomach! Lol

Omg $2000 wow that's crazy guess I was lucky to live out here, hey I'm not sure where your flying from but try flying into San Diego I did a quick search and Virgin Australia came in at $1475 flying in from Auckland to San Diego I just punched make up dates depart 4/3 return 4/10 on kayak.com

Hey that extra $500 could be used for fun money b4 the surgery

Haha you're so sweet to look it up! Thanks ill go have a look - I hope (ESP for the trip home) it would be direct. If my friend can come we can get a big discount on air nz as she works there. Fingers crossed. Otherwise it will be TJ and flying direct would be great! Thank you again!! x

They think I have rocks in my head for doing this let alone going to Mexico ... If you're not on this forum you just don't get it ... I'm going to stop talking to people about it - they all think I'm nuts.

My friend and I were banded in 2008 at the same time....it didn't work for both of us but bc I started with a lower BMI my ins rejected me....Ironically, she was sleeved already in NY and things have taken on a different role. When I talked to her about MX she just couldn't or didn't wan to understand. No one but my husband knows what I'm doing and I like it like that

Yes people are quite ignorant to going over seas - ESP Mexico ... Do they think we're stupid and just made this decision on a whim?! Lol

Yes people are quite ignorant to going over seas - ESP Mexico ... Do they think we're stupid and just made this decision on a whim?! Lol

Lol.....yes I think they do think that. I am going in for a sleeve on april 1st. I am travelling to TJ by myself. I was at the er yesterday because I came down with a sinus infection and needed antibiotics to get rid of it by. The nurse asked what I was going in for , so I told her. Then she asked where and the whole look on her face changed and I got the whole speech about the perception of mx.

Really.......did I just make this decision overnight.....really????

But I dont care....its not their decision to make its mine!!!!!

(end of my rant)...lol

You will be fine. I am going with dr. Garcia at Mi hosp...getting excited, just two weeks away

Haha you're so sweet to look it up! Thanks ill go have a look - I hope (ESP for the trip home) it would be direct. If my friend can come we can get a big discount on air nz as she works there. Fingers crossed. Otherwise it will be TJ and flying direct would be great! Thank you again!! x

Lol I have like this thing wrong with I think cause when ever I here someone is looking to buy something ill just pull the phone out and get quick pricing for them but hey I've save people money sometimes

My fingers are crossed for you that your friend gets the time off so you can get that nice discount