Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feb 2013 sleevers weigh in

What's your average loss a month now? Mine used to be 10. But the past couple of months it's been around 5........

What's your average loss a month now? Mine used to be 10. But the past couple of months it's been around 5........

Although there will always be those that blow the curve (on both sides), the amount of weight loss seems pretty easy to predict. Your date of surgery was three days after mine. Our total weight loss is within 1 lb!!

My surgery date was 2/22 and I have lost 91 pounds.

I believe it is unrealistic to experience weight loss at the same rate as we did six months ago, being nearly 100 lbs lighter. As long we maintain a healthy diet, we will achieve our goals.

Although there will always be those that blow the curve (on both sides), the amount of weight loss seems pretty easy to predict. Your date of surgery was three days after mine. Our total weight loss is within 1 lb!!

My surgery date was 2/22 and I have lost 91 pounds.

I believe it is unrealistic to experience weight loss at the same rate as we did six months ago, being nearly 100 lbs lighter. As long we maintain a healthy diet, we will achieve our goals.

Good perspective ! :) it's difficult for me to stay on track well when the results are not the same- but I'm far from where I was at least !

✔️

Surgery date 2/10/14

Pre-surgery weight : 248

Post-surgery : 222

Current weight of 222 was as of this morning 3/16.. .about 5 weeks post-op. I experienced about a 2 week stall right after I came home from the hospital. To each his own...BUT I am convinced that there was a correlation between "no" movement and my stall. During the time of my stall it had been about 3-4 days of no movement. I took Miralax (per doctor recommendation) and also started taking 2 Fiber gummies twice a day and after about 3 days I had movement and my stall broke. Ever since then the scale has been moving. I continue to take my Fiber gummies daily and I also try to eat "fiber" as much as possible through out the day.

Surgery date 2/10/14 Pre-surgery weight : 248 Post-surgery : 222 Current weight of 222 was as of this morning 3/16.. .about 5 weeks post-op. I experienced about a 2 week stall right after I came home from the hospital. To each his own...BUT I am convinced that there was a correlation between "no" movement and my stall. During the time of my stall it had been about 3-4 days of no movement. I took miralax (per doctor recommendation) and also started taking 2 fiber gummies twice a day and after about 3 days I had movement and my stall broke. Ever since then the scale has been moving. I continue to take my fiber gummies daily and I also try to eat "fiber" as much as possible through out the day.

Good job!! I think u may have meant to post this in the feb 2014 thread this is from 2013

U seem like your doing great!! :)

I was sleeved on 2/11 and have lost 20lbs. I lost most of the weight the first two weeks and then it slowed.. I was feeling kind of down after seeing so many losing 20-40 lbs the first month.. When I went to the Drs for my month checkup, I was told I was doing well. I was told that even if its just a couple pounds a weeks its good!

Im happy to see that I am not the only one that is losing weight slowly.I am getting my Water in and my Proteins. I am following a strick diet as per my NUT and Dr. I also look at it, if I lose slowly my skin has time to snap back and not have so much loose skin if I lose it fast. Although I know I will have some.

I know everyone is different and we all have our own stories, Lets look on the bright side, we are on a journey of making ourselves healthy besides losing weight.

Lets concentrate on the positive, I know I am!

Sleeved 2/26

Consult weight 343

Surgery weight 305

Current weight 290

Total loss 53 lbs 15 since surgery

124lbs down since being sleeved on 2/19/13. I started at a weight of 309 and I'm now the lightest I've been since high school.

Great job buplee!

Sleeved 2/27/2014 down 25lbs but I think I have stalled! Not sure why I think I figured out I'm taking in 500 to 600 calories a day 50 to 60 grams of Protein and I walk 30 min. 3 x a week. Ugh

I think this is the dreaded three week stall. I just try to remember that my body need this time to adjust, it helps me not to fixate on the scale. Trying to up my Water, and I walk 40-60 mins a day. So far I had to loose 10lbs. pre-op, lost 15 on liquid pre-op, and 19 since surgery on 2/24. The scale has been stalled for a while now, but I have never lost 44lbs this quickly.

Surgery was performed 2/25/14

Weight at time of orientation: 276

Weight going into surgery: 249

Current weight: 230

Since surgery I've lost 19 lbs

Since starting the process I've lost 46 lbs :D

Edited by wynblade

Sleeved 2/27/14. Down 10 lbs since surgery, 12 lbs on pre-op diet. I had to go back to the dr for a pulled muscle in my stomach so I am just this week starting to get my walking in. I had a hard time getting in my Water and Protein the first week due to nausea. I am now able to get my 64 oz of water in and am up to about 52 grams of protein a day. I am hoping to get my protein up and my walking in and hope to lose more weight. I am also having a hard time with the pureed stage. Nothing seems to taste very good and I can no longer get the Protein Shakes down since they seem to make me feel very nauseated afterwards. I keep taking each food stage one step at a time but I am really looking forward to the soft mechanical food stage as I am so sick of liquids.