Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick of scrambled eggs for breakfast

I eat scrambled eggs every morning since it's a good source of Protein. Well... I'm getting sick of them!! What does everyone else eat? I need some good suggestions. I also cannot stand anything sweet in the morning for some reason, so please don't suggest a Protein Shake or oatmeal. Blech!! You suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Cottage cheese, yogurt, morning star farms Breakfast sausage, cheese with sliced turkey lunchmeat.

how about adding some salmon in the can with your eggs. It will enhance the taste of the eggs and add more Protein. That the way they do it in GA.

I often eat cottage cheese as it's quick, and a great source of Protein with low calories and fat. To make it more palatable, I sometimes add some blueberries, cut up strawberries or raspberries to it (just a few).

You could try making some chicken salad or tuna salad the night before and smear some on a lettuce wrap. Or hard-boiled eggs (still egg, but feels different than scrambled, somehow...........and it's portable too!).

I also eat Turkey sausage sticks (Old Wisconsin brand), for 4 g protein/stick and about 45 calories (meets my baseline requirement of 10 g/protein per 100 calories).

cheese (babybel light is a favoure) with a few grapes also gets me going in the morning.

Just a few ideas for you to consider that are quick, easy and generally mostly Protein with a few carbs.

I usually have turkey lettuce wraps. Not a egg fan myself!! Or fruit with a slice or two of turkey.

I just had smoked salmon this morning from the Hotel's breakfast buffet. Very yummy!

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:6868]

For a long time, I didn't eat breakfast foods for breakfast but ate refried Beans with cheese, tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. Whatever I could get my Protein with. I now eat greek yogurt every morning and even though you don't like anything sweet for breakfast, some of the others may so here are 2 recipes I alternate between:

1/2 Cup Plain No fat Greek Yogurt

2 packs Truvia

2 Tbsp Ground Flax

Smuckers sugar free Caramel Sauce

Pecans

Mix the first three ingredients together, drizzle the top with the caramel and sprinkle some pecans on top. Tastes just like turtle cheese cake without being too sweet.

1/2 Cup Plain Fat free Greek Yogurt

2-4 Tbsp PB2 Peanut Butter powder

2Tbsp milk

2 packs Truvia

Smuckers Sugar Free chocolate sauce

Pecans

Mix the first four ingredients together, drizzle the top with the chocolate sauce and add pecans. Reminds you of a Reese Cup.

These are both high in Protein (The second one has 23G) and are very filling and satisfying to me. I make these and pack them the night before to take to work for breakfast.

You just have to experiment with a lot of things and see what your tastes are. Mine have completely changed. Good Luck!!

I want salty for breakfast

I call 1% cottage cheese, the breakfast of champions, that's what I had this morning, sometimes with and sometimes without a little fruit in Lite Syrup!!! Or I'll have an egg or two. I 'fry' them over med some times. Either on my griddle (i use non stick spray) or it a non stick skillet. It's not fried in bacon grease, but I didn't do that PRIOR to surgery!!! I start every morning with a cup of skim milk, even before I have coffee. It's habit now, I've been doing it for almost 3 years! Depending on how far out you are, and are you at goal.....I'll have a half an English Muffin, low fat, and put it in the oven with a piece of 2% sliced American cheese. Now that I'm at goal, I'll have a low fat frozen waffle once in a blue moon, but to tell you the truth, it isn't satisfying, I don't recommend it unless you just NEED something totally different. I hope some of this helps.

I eat an over easy egg ontop of a turkey sausage patty and cheddar cheese!

I know my response is a little late for this thread, but you might consider adding more variety to the scrambled eggs. For example, adding feta cheese and dill is really tasty. You can also make omelets with different veggies, meats and cheeses packed inside. There are a million things you can try with scrambled eggs. Why not branch out and try it?

I eat either greek yogurt (dannon light n fit pineapple) or i do kelloggs Protein Cereal 1\2 cup with a 1\2 cup milk and 2-3 small slicea of banana.

The serving size for the cereal is 3/4 cup but only half fits.

A good 10g+ protein and very filling

I am into smoothies these days. I use keifer which is like a drinkable yogurt. I buy it at trader joes and 1 cup has like 14 or 16 grms of Protein i can't remember which. I use 1 cup of that with 1 frozen banana and a little ice.