Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of workout to get rid of underarm wings

Wanna get rid of these suckers as they seem salvageable... Any suggestions on ones that I could do fairly consistently?

Tricep kickbacks or skullcrushers work great.

Tricep kickbacks or skullcrushers work great.

What does this mean? In newbie speak, please. ;)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/tricep-dumbbell-kickback

Video and photos

And

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/decline-close-grip-bench-to-skull-crusher

I don't have a bench, so I just lie on the floor using weights.

Tricep push-ups are great, also. I had to start on my knees because I lacked the strength to lift my heavy butt. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/tricep-dumbbell-kickback

Video and photos

And

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/decline-close-grip-bench-to-skull-crusher

I don't have a bench' date=' so I just lie on the floor using weights.

Tricep push-ups are great, also. I had to start on my knees because I lacked the strength to lift my heavy butt. ;)

[/quote']

Thank you! It will... How many sets? Shoul I do of each?

You said you think yours are 'salvageable' which is great. Some people have more skin, so I just wanted to add for them that it depends on how 'bad' the issue is.

With chicken wing arms, really the skin is only going to tone so much. Also your triceps are only going to get so big to fill any lose skin.

I'd do the exercises abetter me suggests, but it should really be part of a total body work out where your whole body is getting stronger. And then once you're at goal (or if you're already there) the skin will hopefully shrink over time. If not, you'll be strong, fit and lean but maybe have to wear small sleeves?

Just wanted to add that. I just had this visual of all these people training their arms in isolation!

Good luck :)

Deano

http://www.bodybuild...mbbell-kickback

Video and photos

And

http://www.bodybuild...o-skull-crusher

I don't have a bench, so I just lie on the floor using weights.

thanks for sharing this is a great help

Just one addition -- I did arm workouts while sitting on an exercise ball, which helps tone your core as well.

I started lifting 3 pound weights and worked up to 5 pound. I don't lift a lot, but I lift.It made a difference.

I started doing 15 lifts 2 times (total 30). I did about 6 different arm moves and rotated through each of them 2 times. So that would be 30 times for each of the six moves.

I know Lissa keeps/kept weights readily available, and she would do something like 100 lifts a day.

I did seated bicep curls, tricep press, kickbacks, sidearm raise, shoulder press and front arm raise. All of these were done sitting.

It has been a while since I've done these. I should probably do it again. Lately, I've been using 3-pound weights while doing Zumba toning.

What do you do on a ball to help strengthen the core muscles?

Just sitting on the ball improves core muscles. You can replace your desk chair with an exercise ball. The constant movement that you have to do while sitting on one helps strengthen your core muscles.

I sit on the ball when doing my arm exercises. It requires my core muscles to work out while I do my arm exercises.

There are also video tapes and YouTube videos showing various exercises to do while on an exercise ball.

Thanks, I think I am going to look into getting one of these. Basically, I'm very lazy and dont do any kind of exercise at all. I work on computers all day trouble shooting problems and when I get home each evening I am mentally tired and just vegetate in front of the TV. At least with an exercise ball maybe I could sit on it while I watch TV and get a little bit of exercise.

Thank you

Thank you! It will... How many sets? Shoul I do of each?

Start with 3 sets of 12-15 reps. Medium weight. Note: you may have to start with 3 lb weights or even a can of Soup. Perfectly normal.

Don't forget the inevitable cardio. Just walking alone is sufficient. Moderate pace. After you get these implemented for a couple of weeks, 3 times a week...come back here and post. There's a few more to add to this. :)

My wife started a program called from couch to 5k. Its an 8 week program that supposedly will get you up to the level of running a 5K in 8 weeks. She is on week 6 and is doing great, Of course too, she is not overweight which helps I'm sure. But I tried it Monday night and was able to do the first session, Mine consisted of walking briskly instead of running, I'm going to try it again tonight and again on Friday.

I have to start doing something.

My arms were the biggest part of my big body And I was really worried. Now at 15 months out I still have a little jiggle but it doesn't want to make barf looking at them. I do arms 3x a week, 2 "light" (12 pd dumbbells) and 1 heavy. I have some pretty nice arms, and my back and shoulders look pretty bangin if I do say so myself. I do the skull crushers, kick backs, tricep push-ups, tricep dips.< /p>

My arms were the biggest part of my big body And I was really worried. Now at 15 months out I still have a little jiggle but it doesn't want to make barf looking at them. I do arms 3x a week, 2 "light" (12 pd dumbbells) and 1 heavy. I have some pretty nice arms, and my back and shoulders look pretty bangin if I do say so myself. I do the skull crushers, kick backs, tricep push-ups, tricep dips.

I love the transition from "make me want to barf" to "pretty bangin". Good work!