Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All Right All You Sleevers. I Need Your Brains!

Hey there! I had surgery November 6th and have lost 78 lbs! Anyway the only problem I tend to have is not knowing what to eat! I wake up hungry and don't know what to eat because my stomach hurts and I don't know what to snack on during the day and so on and so forth. I have read a lot of great ideas on here but I am looking for more.. Maybe some ideas for Breakfast, some snack ideas.. maybe lunch and dinner ideas? Haha, all ideas. Also, I still have a hard time taking in plain Water. I drink crystal light and stuff like that, but are there any other ideas? What do you guys drink? Load on the ideas.

greek yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese...I don't have any specific breakfast food. I just eat what I feel like it. Like this morning I had my Protein chicken broth for breakfast.

If you go out on Amazon there are a ton of high Protein meal cookbooks. There is even a "Dummies" book for those who have had weight loss surgery that has a lot of great recipes in it.

Lol, I am a lot further along. I have surpassed the cottage cheese stage haha. I practically lived off of that for so long I can't stand it anymore! Hehe.

I love Amazong! Haha, I am going to check that out today. Thank you!

I chew spearmint gum when I drink my Water now and that seems to help for some reason. ;) I have been eating baby bel light cheeses for Snacks along with turkey bites or pepperoni bites or some kind of Jerky. I sometimes have Protein Bars but they make me feel sick sometimes because they are so sweet. I am really into the main course muffin meals right now, last week it was taco cups and this week lasagna cups and there are more I want to try. They are the perfect sleever size, you can find the recipes at emilybites.com. (I also hate cooking so this allows me to make enough for days which is nice and the hubby likes them too) Breakfast is hard for me because I don't care much foreggs anymore but oatmeal isn't too bad. Hope some of the ideas helped! Good luck :)

• deli meat (low sodium), cheese (I love Babybell light!)
  • chicken salad
  • tuna
  • egg salad
  • hard boiled eggs
  • laughing cow cream cheese triangles (all flavours!)
  • Broiled fish (tilapia, salmon, cod, etc.)
  • shrimp
  • Roast chicken (or BBQ once summer arrives again...)
  • steamed vegetables (avoid cauliflower and broccoli until you're further along, or make sure it's really well cooked)
  • high-Protein low carb bars (I like supreme Protein and oh yeah brand bars)
  • mixed greens salad with lots of veggies and some pre-cooked chicken strips and a low-fat high taste dressing
  • greek yogurt (low sugar)
  • omelets (usually 1 egg for me) with sauteed veggies, some deli meat and grated cheese)
  • meat loaf (you can make small individual loafs and take them for lunch)
  • sugar-free Jello or pudding
  • sugar-free popsicles or freezies
  • cottage cheese (try cutting up a strawberry into it, or add blueberries, raspberries, etc.)

And on and on and on..........take a look on the recipes section of the site here.........or use the search box (top right-hand corner). You'll find lots of ideas I'm sure!

The most important thing is to make a plan, at least for the day and make sure you have the proper ingredients available at hand. Otherwise you'll be tempted to go "off script", pick up junk that's quick and easy and get off track!

Hey there! I had surgery November 6th and have lost 78 lbs! Anyway the only problem I tend to have is not knowing what to eat! I wake up hungry and don't know what to eat because my stomach hurts and I don't know what to snack on during the day and so on and so forth. I have read a lot of great ideas on here but I am looking for more.. Maybe some ideas for breakfast' date=' some snack ideas.. maybe lunch and dinner ideas? Haha, all ideas. Also, I still have a hard time taking in plain Water. I drink crystal light and stuff like that, but are there any other ideas? What do you guys drink? Load on the ideas.[/quote']

I still can't drink hardly any Water since surgeries. The best thing I can drink is G2 gatorade. At least Im getting Fluid in and Im not dehydrated. My surgery date was July 16, 2012.

Lunch: lunch meat rolled up in lettuce or cheese or both. tuna is always a plus and I use flatout bread or baked scoops.(u can add boiled egg). Frozen tyson chicken/faith meat mixed with onions and cheese.

Lunch or dinner: Hormel has "simple ideas" meat packages such as turkey, meat loaf, chicken that are good and high in Protein. Fix a few frozen veggies (saute onion and garlic) very good.

Atkins also has meals now that are very good. They are in the frozen section and high in Protein.

Snacks: weight watchers colby jack chz sticks and string chz sticks. Nuts are good but not for every day. Protein bars--i do every now (atkins/quest/south beach) and then. I still do SF popsicles. i track my food on myfitnesspal so i can view my carbs, protein ect.

I even eat corn tortillas with melted chz on it sometimes.

What have you been eating to lose your 78 pounds? Congratulations on this by the way. You have had to be eating something for breakfast.

I try to eat an egg, but sometimes when I wake up I am so hungry my stomach is in pain and the first thing I eat makes me dry heave.

I try to eat an egg' date=' but sometimes when I wake up I am so hungry my stomach is in pain and the first thing I eat makes me dry heave.[/quote']

Sounds like you might need to take a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) such as Omeprazole (Prilosec) before you go to bed!

Are you taking any now? If so, try changing the time of day you take it. And if not, talk to your surgeon or primary care physician about your stomach pain and they might prescribe a PPI for you.....

I'm not taking anything like that.. Thank you though, I'm going to speak to my doctor about that.

I'm finding myself getting bored of the things I eat thanks for some refreshing ideas.

Try some trail mix. When Im bored and think I'm getting hungry I grab a handful of trailmix. Works for me.down 76lbs at 8 weeks