Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's with rating personal profiles?

post-46516-13813663639432_thumb.jpg

I understand having the five star system to rate forum topics' date=' groups, etc. However, having it to rate an actual person feels so, I'm not sure... icky? Judgmental? Rude? Classless? We all have worth in various forms. I'll tell you, I didn't think anything about it until I visited my own profile to update my weight and saw that I had been rated four stars. I'd like to say that it didn't matter to me, but it kind of hurt. Don't get me wrong, if you knew me in person I'd probably be found to be a two star individual on my best day, but this is a place I come to for acceptance, because we all share a huge similarity in our journey. I come here to speak openly and honestly about my struggles and victories with my sleeve, and to post questions without fear of ridicule. I guess it just bothers me. And, no, this is not a plea to visit my profile and rate me. It's a desire to have this aspect of the site removed all together.[/quote']

I can't see stars on my iPad. Probably a good thing as I likely don't have any lol. (You can't go negative can you?). But in all seriousness, I totally agree with rating doctors, but posters? Ridiculous. It sounds like something the mean girls club would put in place. I hope they get rid of it. It's very juvenile.

(This now ensures I have negative sixteen stars lol).

Funny...when I was in rotary I found out they give a badge for attendance. Having been the child of someone who worked undercover regularly, I was never able to get that badge in school, which as a small child bothered me. I skipped the next rotary meeting to make sure I'd not win the badge, thus putting me in the "total nerds and proud of it" category :P. spending too much time on stars would likely do the same...and I have so little time for a campaign heh heh. VOTE FOR ME!!!!! I'm cool and stuff lmao. (I'm not, please don't lol).

I can't see stars on my iPad. Probably a good thing as I likely don't have any lol. (You can't go negative can you?). But in all seriousness, I totally agree with rating doctors, but posters? Ridiculous. It sounds like something the mean girls club would put in place. I hope they get rid of it. It's very juvenile.

(This now ensures I have negative sixteen stars lol).

Funny...when I was in rotary I found out they give a badge for attendance. Having been the child of someone who worked undercover regularly, I was never able to get that badge in school, which as a small child bothered me. I skipped the next rotary meeting to make sure I'd not win the badge, thus putting me in the "total nerds and proud of it" category :P. spending too much time on stars would likely do the same...and I have so little time for a campaign heh heh. VOTE FOR ME!!!!! I'm cool and stuff lmao. (I'm not, please don't lol).

Welllll, looky looky who just got 5 stars, a like, and a new friend. (I know, it was evil, but I had to do it!) :D

Welllll' date=' looky looky who just got 5 stars, a like, and a new friend. (I know, it was evil, but I had to do it!) :D[/quote']

That's it we are done!! Girls he's yours!

Welllll' date=' looky looky who just got 5 stars, a like, and a new friend. (I know, it was evil, but I had to do it!) :D[/quote']

Lmao now I have to go give myself one star to offset it :P. poop.

Heh heh...ummm how do you do that lol

That's it we are done!! Girls he's yours!

Lol Laura :P. you're so fickle

Lmao now I have to go give myself one star to offset it :P. poop.

Heh heh...ummm how do you do that lol

I'll do it for you Iggy :o:P

I'll do it for you Iggy :o

Lmao now why does that not surprise me :P.

LOL.. I'm going to sign in at another location and name and star myself :-)

We have star ratings????

Lol

Oh man

I would have put on a dress had I known :P

Hehe.. I wrote about this about a month ago! I was updating my profile... I had never even noticed the grey stars by my name until that day.

Why? Because someone gave me a big fat 1 star rating!

Yes folks! 1 star!!!

I think your right' date=' it is wrong on so many levels!

(Hint I was able to see the last few people that visited my page.. So yeah)

Oh and by the way can you stop by proudgrammys page and up her stars to five I keep trying but It's not working.[/quote']

How are you seeing full profiles on the iPhone???

I click profile and it shows the username and picture and that's about it

Grrrrrrrr I can't do anything on the iPhone app

Quite judgmental for a nonjudgmental forum... Just saying :P

How are you seeing full profiles on the iPhone???

I click profile and it shows the username and picture and that's about it

Grrrrrrrr I can't do anything on the iPhone app

No (but I wish you could) I go to the computer to update my loss (which isn't very often)

We have star ratings????

Lol

Oh man

I would have put on a dress had I known :P

I think you get extra stars for not wearing a dress :P