Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My stomach or what feels like my intestine has had a really loud persistent gurgling every minute of the last 10 hours Its like a rumbling monster that starts up in my left upper quadrant, and roars down like its going to be gas then painfully stops and shoots the gurgling back in to my gut. I have taken gas x strips, and have the colace but havent taken any because they are gel caps and Ive heard that we cant take gel caps. I have only passed gas once and almost went in my pants. I have not had a bm since surgery Wed but have only been drinking Water and gatorade a little Tomato juice and some sips of Protein Drink, which I think was the problem. Sorry for the TMI but you ladies are so good at having answers to these things and I am desperate. I have put a call into my dr but I know someone out there must have had a similar experience and I would like your thoughts/advice. Thank you!

The gurgling is somewhat normal. It means your bowels are moving, which you know because you've gone to the bathroom. Walking helped me deal with the gas pain and gurling. Try only drinking Water and Clear Liquids for the rest of the day and see if that doesnt calm your tummy sounds. It's possible that the Protein drink and Tomato juice are too much for your new sleeve to handle. I was actually told to avoid citrus and tomato based juices for the first month or so because they are very acidic.

BTW, warm chicken broth was my favorite at your stage.

I would stop drinking the Gatorade and Tomato juice. I know that acid from tomato juice is can irritate the stomach. At 8 weeks, I still can't handle Gatorade, something to do with the sweeteners they use.

I could only drink Crystal Light lemonade the 1st week, without stomach gas or painful grumblings. I was able to drink bottles of the the premixed EAS carb control chocolate I got at Wal-Mart. I really didn't eat anything else the 1st 7 days. I was in a lot of discomfort the whole time and didn't want anything to eat.

Jacee - I'm not a lady, but I hope I can help, as I was sleeved on 2/22. From what you are describing, you still have a considerable amount of gas in your body. Walking will help you 100% more than Gas-X. Try to walk a little every two hours. Also, you may want to try to eat something a little more binding than Protein Shakes. For me, non fat yogurt helped put an end to excessive diarrhea. I know I sound like a broken record, but walking and sipping cool Water should help you, just don't over do it.

Jacee - I'm not a lady, but I hope I can help, as I was sleeved on 2/22. From what you are describing, you still have a considerable amount of gas in your body. Walking will help you 100% more than Gas-X. Try to walk a little every two hours. Also, you may want to try to eat something a little more binding than Protein shakes. For me, non fat yogurt helped put an end to excessive diarrhea. I know I sound like a broken record, but walking and sipping cool Water should help you, just don't over do it.

Thank you, the strange thing is I have been walking and walking every since day 1 in the middle of the night I get 4-5 times and walk around my bedroom. I will try just clear liquids today my stomach sounds like a commercial washing machine and guys give great advice too. :)

sugar free popsicles made me feel good.. lol in fact they still do.. I liked the warm broth.. and no Tomato juice.. to acidic.. sugar free Jello is good too... gurggling is a normal thing in the beginning.. your stomach is making some major adjustments... I didnt have to take any stool anything.. the Protein Drinks made me run to the bathroom.. turns out the milk I was using didnt like me very much.. so my doc said to mix the powder with water.. crystal light is excellent.. and I even froze some to for ice cubes.. its a trial and error thing.. what works for some doesnt work for others.. so my advice is to buy small.. dont get a huge case of something until you know its gonna be ok... or that you even like it.. my tastes have changed majorly.. I used to like scrambled eggs.. now I dont like them at all.. but I like the soft eggs.. and I find that somethings are just too dry to eat.. I like wet food if that makes any sense at all.. but im way further out than you.. Im just about on a what would be a normal diet.. im post op dec 20th.. and have done extemely well.. just going to sign up at the gym today.. very odd feeling.. me at the gym.. never thought I'd see those words together LOL.. but hey ive changed and the way that I eat has changed.. another piece of advice.. read everything.. all labels.. best thing ive ever done was this sleeve.. Im not envious of others who are able to stuff their faces with bad foods.. not one time have I said I wish I can have that.. cuz you know.. the grass isnt greener on the other side.. I just simply dont like that stuff anymore.. have I tasted it .. yes and my tummy said "what the hell are you doing? thats just nasty, throw it away" and I do.. I like my diet now.. so best of luck to you on your new journey.. and ask anytime if you have any questions or concerns..and of course follow the docs and the nuts instructions..and if you feel you have some issues that are not right.. call the doc or nurse right away.. mine are fantastic.. :)

My tummy has been super chatty since surgery. First two days I couldn't have anything cold. Had to be room temp or I would get grumbles and pain. I'm only 4 days out, but every day it gets better. I still have a little gas pain in my shoulder. Walking and deep breathing seemed to help the most.

Totally normal. Mine slowed down around a week post op.