Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeast infection or UTI?

Kind of TMI topic but here goes:

I think I have a problem "downstairs"

Had sex with my partner 4 days ago. We use condoms so no issues there. I am now itchy down there. It burns when I pee. It hurts when I wipe.

It could be because I was a bit aggressive when checking and spreading down there. I was convinced for a minute that my partner gave me something, he got himself checked, nothing.

My gyno isn't free till Friday.

I'm freaking out.

I've read a few ladies get UTIs after getting sleeved. Can anyone tell me symptoms or signs of a UTI or yeast infection?

UTI: Feeling as though you have to urinate even after you've just urinated. Also, I've found that there wasn't really a "stream" of urine. It doesn't hurt...it's more annoying than anything.

Yeast infection is just terrible. I'd describe it as a combo between your hooha being on fire and poison ivy. It hurts to pee...it hurts to do anything really lol. Monistat is a life saver for a yeast infection!

Hope you feel better and get some relief soon!

I've always felt like I have to pee right after peeing. Crap, could I have had a UTI for a few months?

Hmmm not sure! There are tests that you can buy at your local pharmacy to test for an UTI.

I urinate like 3-4x a day max. When I have a UTI I go like 15-20...no exaggeration.

Oh wow.

I bought some Monistat 3 day. So I'm using suppositories and cream. I feel relief already.

I just wonder how the heck this happened! I've never had either a yeast infection or UTI and this whole situation is freaking me out. My partner is all butt hurt that I won't have sex at the moment. But it hurts...

Hopefully Monistat saves me. Otherwise.... I dunno

I had my first YI a few months ago. I used the Monistat 1 day and it took a week before I felt better. Make sure you're 100% before you have sex because it hurts if it isn't gone! Eat yogurt..that will help! Did you recently have your period?

I'd call it rough and being dry. Also, if you have antibiotics you increase your chances for a yeast infections. I'd take a few days off :) and use the Monistat. Go in Friday if you feel the need! Hope you feel better, that sucks!

I got a UTI right after surgery for some reason, and sex can bring them on too if a spec of something gets mushed up there at just the right angle. More than likely you were not given an STD but you are right to get checked anyway. With yeast infections you are usually going to see something. I have actually never had one but from nursing school I guess there is usually a whitish discharge.

Pain with peeing and stuff is usually a UTI BUT you said it hurt when you wiped, and I dont know if you mean all over or just your urinary tract.

Oh wow.

I bought some Monistat 3 day. So I'm using suppositories and cream. I feel relief already.

I just wonder how the heck this happened! I've never had either a yeast infection or UTI and this whole situation is freaking me out. My partner is all butt hurt that I won't have sex at the moment. But it hurts...

Hopefully Monistat saves me. Otherwise.... I dunno

I got one after surgery myself. I believe it was from the 2 rounds of Antibiotics I received while in the hospital.

classic to get a yeast infection after the antibiotics, I actually have my doc prescribe me a diflucan pill (prescription for yeast infection) every time so I can take care of it right after I complete the course of antibiotics!

classic to get a yeast infection after the antibiotics' date=' I actually have my doc prescribe me a diflucan pill (prescription for yeast infection) every time so I can take care of it right after I complete the course of antibiotics![/quote']

Me too! Thank God for that pill!!!

I feel your pain. Make sure when you do have sex, try to pee right after. I also have to rinse out otherwise I get a UTI super quick! I'm really sensitive there. For me it feels like when you are peeing and try to stop it mid flow, you get an almost painful tickling feeling. You know youre done peeing but you get that painful tickle like you need to keep going but cant. That's what mine feel like anyway. When I do feel one coming on I take a few cranberry caplets for a few days and it goes away. Check with your doctor tho and good luck.

Having really concentrated urine can mimick both a UTI and a yeast infection. Usually I have my patients double up on their Water until when you pee it looks like water. But it's hard to get in that much after you're sleeved, I imagine.

I had my first YI a few months ago. I used the Monistat 1 day and it took a week before I felt better. Make sure you're 100% before you have sex because it hurts if it isn't gone! Eat yogurt..that will help! Did you recently have your period?

I did just finish my period the day we had sex.

classic to get a yeast infection after the antibiotics' date=' I actually have my doc prescribe me a diflucan pill (prescription for yeast infection) every time so I can take care of it right after I complete the course of antibiotics![/quote']

I haven't taken amoxicillin or penicillin for years because of that exact reason. I got tired of getting insanely bad infections within a couple hours. Now it's in all of my medical charts that I am highly sensitive, and I get prescribed Cephlaxen if I have to go onto antibiotics

Sent from my iPhone using VST