Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help badly!

I was sleeved on 6/25/12 and lost about 50 pounds. (247-197)....in the past 2 to 3 months, I have seriously backslid to the point where I'm now about 215 and I find that i'm eating nearly the portions I ate before my surgery. It seems everything is going down the tubes here and I'm not sure what to do. Motivation is near zero and total failure seems right around the corner! Has anyone experienced this? If so, how can this trend be reversed? Help please!!!!!

I think it's good that you are reaching out! Do you have a dietitian whom you can go see for advice? i would also focus on Protein, Water, and track you food in myfitnesspal.com. How can you eat portions close to the size you were eating before surgery--do you not feel restriction?

Wishing you all the best--youc an do this! Even with your weight gain, you are 1/3 of the way there!!

Well what are you eating? If it's junk you certainly won't feel the same restriction.

I was sleeved on 6/25/12 and lost about 50 pounds. (247-197)....in the past 2 to 3 months' date=' I have seriously backslid to the point where I'm now about 215 and I find that i'm eating nearly the portions I ate before my surgery. It seems everything is going down the tubes here and I'm not sure what to do. Motivation is near zero and total failure seems right around the corner! Has anyone experienced this? If so, how can this trend be reversed? Help please!!!!![/quote']

My surgery was 11/14/12 and I had my 3 month check at the surgeons last week. I admitted to struggling and eating poorly and not exercising. My surgeon reminded me that I risked dying to change those habits! That I must be proactive at stopping these behaviors! He reminded me that this surgery is a tool! If change doesn't come from you the weight will come right back! We must choose to buy healthy foods, keep junk out! We must treat exercise as medication that needs taken daily! Without it we will die, who we want to be will happen if we take the first step! Don't look back! No guilt move forward!

It's time to get back to basic. Eat Protein, protein, and protein and measure your portions. Eat very few carbs. LilMissDiva has a "the basic bootcamp" that will help you get back on track....It's posted here on forum. Cut out all candies, carbs eetc. Drink a lot of Water and start moving. you can do this, it's a matter of deciding to refocus and get back on track.... :)

I don't generally eat unhealthy but I find myself eating more and more often....one of my biggest problems is cheese...string cheese, mozerella etc. I used to struggle to eat a whole chicken thigh at dinner, now I'll down 6-7 buffalo wings! It's almost as if I never had the surgery!

Here it is:

The BASICS BOOTCAMP:

For 5 STRICT DAYS I will eat only...

Proteins: Seafoods, Poultry and eggs, Dairies, nuts/seeds including Peanut Butter.

Veggies: Green only.

Fruits: None.

Breads/Cereals/Other Carbs: None.

Fluids: One gallon of Water (128 oz.) or Protein drinks.

Avoid: Sugar and Sodium

Once the 5 days are over, I am pretty much over the Sugar Carb Demon. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate carbs! I do need them to live a healthy life and since I workout a lot it is important I have them. However, I need GOOD carbs. Whole grains, fruits, veggies... But I don't need processed sugars. White carbs, in cereals, breads, rice... etc.

Lil Miss Diva's

I don't generally eat unhealthy but I find myself eating more and more often....one of my biggest problems is cheese...string cheese, mozerella etc. I used to struggle to eat a whole chicken thigh at dinner, now I'll down 6-7 buffalo wings! It's almost as if I never had the surgery!

do you follow the rule of not drinking for half an hour before a meal, not drinking during a meal, and then not drinking for a hour after your meal? I have heard people can cheat the sleeve and overeat by drinking while they are eating.

Do not eat those foods.....

Switch to a less caloric intake like say a chicken thigh with no skin, no fried foods.....

cheeses are good, just not a whole lot. The buffalo wings are so full of fat and 6-7 aren't much but a no no. I have chosen to eat more basics and simple foods like chicken, broiled or rotisserie, steak (3 oz) and salami (light), cheese I have baby bel and stick to 1 baby bell light and also make myself pizza with 1/4th slice of flat bread, marinara sauce, salami and mostarealla cheese. It is simple to make and takes 5 minutes prep and 11 minutes in the oven.....Eat some healthy veggies....

I don't generally eat unhealthy but I find myself eating more and more often....one of my biggest problems is cheese...string cheese' date=' mozerella etc. I used to struggle to eat a whole chicken thigh at dinner, now I'll down 6-7 buffalo wings! It's almost as if I never had the surgery![/quote']

Try not to eat more then 3 times a day- no grazing, meals shouldn't last longer then 30 minutes. Try to measure food- I hope this helps! Oh and exercise!