Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what do we have to do to get food commercials Banned?

I truly believe all the tv commercials and radio commercials is what has America obeist. It's also one of the reasons we fail on our diets. Wish there was a way to stop them just like they did tobacco comercials!

I hear ya!

TV and radio commercials don't make us fat. Failing to stop putting unhealthy foods in excess quantities in our mouths make us fat. If no commercials made you not fat, I would have been skinny because I don't watch television or listen to radio. I did, however, eat just about anything and everything whenever I wanted. Commercials didn't do that, I did.

I was thinking of how we could get rid of McDonalds! Lol those greasy, delicious, salty high calorie fries!

Everything revolves around food, whether it is having a family gathering or a business meeting... food makes its way to the center. We just have to learn to deal with it and not let it be the focus of attention.

now this is a funny posting....people eat food to live....and as long as we still have over indulgence, and people glorifying food, or and have healthy food cost more than junk food...McDonalds will remain the powerhouse place it is....

funny

If you have a DVR you could always record all your shows and watch them after they aired live and skip the commercials. For that matter I have the hopper from Dish and it records all prime time shows from the big 4 networks and after 24 hours after initial airing when you play the shows from the DVR it gives you the option to skip the commercials all together.

It's so true! Before surgery, everytime I'd see delicious food on TV I'd want it! One time I was watching a show about hamburgers so I went in the kitchen and made one at like 1 in the morning! Haha!

now this is a funny posting....people eat food to live....and as long as we still have over indulgence, and people glorifying food, or and have healthy food cost more than junk food...McDonalds will remain the powerhouse place it is....

funny

It definitely will lol! You made a good point with healthy food costing more then junk food. Such a shame! When I would eat fast food, the only time I ordered a salad was when I was dieting. But I do love chic fil a chicken nuggets but then I have to have those delicious waffle fries!

TV and radio commercials don't make us fat. Failing to stop putting unhealthy foods in excess quantities in our mouths make us fat. If no commercials made you not fat' date=' I would have been skinny because I don't watch television or listen to radio. I did, however, eat just about anything and everything whenever wanted. Commercials didn't do that, I did.[/quote']

No the comercials didnt make me fat, it was the pictures and the description that did. Making people hear and see what they can eat if you go to their resturant. No telling you what exactly what the food was made with is what made us FAT. Just like cigarettes comercials didnt give people cancer, it was people buying and smoking them did. If they were to show exactly what was in their food do you think people would still go and eat those products? I think maybe not. Like at italian resturants, if you were to see them put that whole stick of butter in their alfredo sauce would you eat it? I wouldnt.

If advertising had no affect on people, companies wouldn't spend so much money on them.

To come to think of it, if there were no food comercials we would not even know about fast food so there for we would not be craving that food.

I look at the children of America and realize something has to give. We dont need these children with heart problems or diabetes. Cause ya know parent almost always give in to their children when they want something or when they dont have time to make them meals they usually settle for fast food.

No the comercials didnt make me fat, it was the pictures and the description that did. Making people hear and see what they can eat if you go to their resturant. No telling you what exactly what the food was made with is what made us FAT. Just like cigarettes comercials didnt give people cancer, it was people buying and smoking them did. If they were to show exactly what was in their food do you think people would still go and eat those products? I think maybe not. Like at italian resturants, if you were to see them put that whole stick of butter in their alfredo sauce would you eat it? I wouldnt.

You're telling me you had no idea the things you were eating weren't healthy? A picture doesn't make you fat. A description does not make you fat. All the commercials in the world will not make me go somewhere I don't want to go and eat something I don't want to eat. I take responsibility for the fact that I ate and ate and ate until I was nearly 400 pounds. Comparing cigarettes, which aren't needed in any way (though there are days I miss them!) and contain upwards of 4,000 chemicals each, to food, which is required if you'd like to continue living, is a false analogy.

And yes, if I saw them put the whole stick of butter in it, I would eat it. I have eaten it. Hell, I've cooked things that I put a whole stick of butter (and more) in. I make some amazing fudge and it took more than a stick of butter per batch. At the time I found it to be absolutely delicious. Now that I've not had much sugar in a long time, it'd probably set my teeth on edge.

Did you guys ever think about the addictive ingredients in these foods too that keep you coming back for more! Just like cigarettes they are made with addicting you in mind!!

Did you guys ever think about the addictive ingredients in these foods too that keep you coming back for more! Just like cigarettes they are made with addicting you in mind!!

Heck, with sugar, salt, and fat you really don't need much else to activate the reward center in the brain. We're too tied to our evolutionary history for it not to be that way.