Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

<p>Sunshine2</p> <p> </p> <p>Your pants are too big....you look great!</p> <p> </p> <p>be Blessed!</p> <p> </p> <p>Check out my Traffic Reporter audition. I hope I'm in the top ten then the viewing audience get to vote!</p> <p>http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/content/rugoodenough/auditions/120/default.aspx</p>

Sheila,

I think you would make an excellent traffic reporter-loved your audition-you would definetly have my vote. Have a good evening. Gigi

Wow thanks Gigi!! You have a good evening too!

be blessed!

Okay, hopefully someone can explain what's happening to me! Was banded Jan. 18,2007...have lost 53 pounds with 3cc in a 4cc band. Each time I get a fill the first week to 10 days is wonderful, no hunger and feel wonderful restriction. All during that time I keep telling my DH, this is it, not going to need any more fills! Then the next week I'm starving and want to eat all the time. Usually lasts for 2 weeks, the TOM starts and then I drop 10 - 12 pounds in a week or so. I actually ate half of a Whopper Jr. tonight (no lectures please!.....first bread/sandwich/burger I've eaten in 5 months!!) have had a bite here and there of the kids' but never ordered my own for fear there would be problems eating it. Absolutely no problems at all. I chewed very well and only ate half the bun. Should I be able to eat bread this far into the fills? Why am I always hungry after about 10 days? It's always worked so far but eventually I'm going to run out of room in my band! Any help or insight would be great!

Lisa - I was doing the same thing! Except, all of a sudden yesterday, I got really tight restriction again. I could only eat 1/2 piece of fish last night and 1 broccoli spear, and I have a 1/2 cup of hashbrowns this morning (major craving for them - TOM is getting near) and I can't eat them, too tight. So I am thinking the band has a mind of its own.

I can still eat bread, I don't, but I have taken a bit or two with no problems.

I'm going to ride this fill out and see what happens. I've heard of pople saying that it settled in at a month, so I'm going ride it out and see what happens.

Sometimes, just .2 cc's can make a huge difference, so next month, if I think I am not tight enough, I go back in for a small fill.

Sun: I totally understand what you're saying about body image. Do you think it's because this band thing is so easy and we just can't believe it works so well? I have not felt like I'm on a diet since this journey began, so my mind is always telling me I'm fat.

I honestly think is what I see in my head as perfect, and what I see in the mirror don't match up. I have visioned myself getting smaller, and what I'll look like - and what I see in the mirror, honey, its not my vision. lol. I'm thinking "Victoria Secret Model", not what I see. So I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact, I won't have the perfect body.

However, I will be leaner, thinner, and healthier, so I'm trying to focus on those thoughts. I just want it all - no cellulite, no hanging skin (I want a 6 pack abs), no stretch marks, scars etc. But, I don't think that is going to happen so I'm trying to come to realization of that. Its tough to think how hard I'm working out, and how hard I'm trying - and I still won't be perfect. lol. I'm learning to deal with it.

Sunshine2

Your pants are too big....you look great!

be Blessed!

Check out my Traffic Reporter audition. I hope I'm in the top ten then the viewing audience get to vote!

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/content/rugoodenough/auditions/120/default.aspx

Sheila you did great! Oh, and what a beautiful smile you have - I vote for you! You'll make a GREAT traffic reporter!

Tonya....every time I start complaining about loose skin, tummy sticking out etc. my husband hands me the "before" picture and makes me take another long look! We've all been with a "not normal body image" for so long I think it's going to take a long time to accept the body that we now have. Especially right now as things are changing on a daily basis!

Congrats on the weight lost so far!!

Also, it's nice to hear your restriction is about the same as mine. It's just a little scary to think that I can still eat all this stuff if I choose to with a fill of 3 in a 4 cc. Doesn't leave a lot of room for future fills...you know??!?!!!

Lisa - I fear the fact that I am 3cc's in a 4 cc band. But my doc says it actually holds 5cc's. Also .2 cc's make a big difference, so maybe at 3.0 cc's there might not be much restriciton, but raise it up to 3.2 cc's and you might have the world of difference.

Right now, I'm having pretty good restriction, and last week I wasn't, so I'm going to stay where I am.

I weighed this morning and down another 2 lbs - 184.4. I am almost in the 170's - I can't believe it. I was in the 190's for so long, and flying by in the 180's, its just too good to be true. I'm in shock everytime I get on the scales!

I weighed 175 when I got pregnant for the 2nd time, so if I can get down to my pre-pregnancy weight, I will be thrilled - after all, its only been 14 years, lol.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Okay, hopefully someone can explain what's happening to me! Was banded Jan. 18,2007...have lost 53 pounds with 3cc in a 4cc band. Each time I get a fill the first week to 10 days is wonderful, no hunger and feel wonderful restriction. All during that time I keep telling my DH, this is it, not going to need any more fills! Then the next week I'm starving and want to eat all the time. Usually lasts for 2 weeks, the TOM starts and then I drop 10 - 12 pounds in a week or so. I actually ate half of a Whopper Jr. tonight (no lectures please!.....first bread/sandwich/burger I've eaten in 5 months!!) have had a bite here and there of the kids' but never ordered my own for fear there would be problems eating it. Absolutely no problems at all. I chewed very well and only ate half the bun. Should I be able to eat bread this far into the fills? Why am I always hungry after about 10 days? It's always worked so far but eventually I'm going to run out of room in my band! Any help or insight would be great!

Are you sure you are eating often enough? My Dr. wants his lapband patients to eat 5-6 meals a day, 75% protien and 25% fruit or veggies. When you do this you are rarely hungry - physically. He also says to only eat carbs WITH protien. Realistically, 1/2 of a Whopper Jr. with only half of the bread isn't so bad. Don't beat yourself up about it. Try eating more often and stick to good dense protien and see if it helps with the physical hunger. Good luck!

My Doctor told us to remember the 70/70 rule; 70 oz of Water and 70 oz or Protein per day.

The protein REALLY will keep you full, and for longer.

Hi All,

Just stopping by. Seems the days are so busy I can hardly get to my group here, let alone get back a few pages and catch up. It seems on this page that all is well with the exception of the dang band having a mind of its own..and I'll second that! Day to day, morning to night, I can be different. I was stalled out for about a month (maybe longer) with a 34 pound loss and just this week dropped two. I just kept doing the program and exercising intermittently. Trying to get that more consistent!

I'm going to a family gather where it is a celebration for my nephew who graduated college and the other enlisted (not too happy about that) in the army. Only my mom has seen me since I was banded so I'm hoping it will just knock their socks off but in reality, very few people even notice I've lost. I have one pair of pants that are new and a size smaller so I'm wearing them. My older brother is quite obese and I've been hoping he will be inspired by my journey. Anyway, it will be great to be with my family even if they don't see a difference. Love it when the weather changes and travel is safer!!

You all have a marvelous weekend and keep up the good work. Isn't this trip amazing?

Shawn

.... It seems on this page that all is well with the exception of the dang band having a mind of its own..and I'll second that! Day to day, morning to night, I can be different. I was stalled out for about a month (maybe longer) with a 34 pound loss and just this week dropped two.

You got that right. I was filled to 3.5 ccs on Wednesday and had no trouble eating Wednesday or Thursday, but today my lunch (same thing I ate on Wed. and Thurs.) got stuck and I had my first PB.

.... Only my mom has seen me since I was banded so I'm hoping it will just knock their socks off but in reality, very few people even notice I've lost.

That's true for me, too. I've lost 43 lbs, which is very significant for someone 5 feet tall, and not too many people have noticed. Or maybe they notice but just don't say anything.

Good luck at the family get-together. I hope everyone is wowed.

Enterprise,

That is a great weight loss and for your height, I don't know how ppl can not notice. Way to go on your success.

I say we just keep losing until they do notice! HA. My dad told me at the graduation shindig that we'd celebrat a 50 pound loss! I had promised myself some smaller reward as I went along...30 pounds was going to be a massage, but when I got there, it didn't seem like such a big deal at that time and so I promised myself a treat (non-food) at another milestone. Maybe 40 for me! Sad, tho, there never seems to be enough time in my schedule right now for a couple of hours of pampering, of that sort. I pamper myself with my animals, yardwork, riding my horse, etc. I'm certainly not deprived! Just massages seem so decadent! I bet I haven't had one for about two years...maybe a bit longer. I had one on cruise and it was like they could hardly wait to get you out of there for the next customer. And it cost around 100 bucks for that 50 minutes. Soured me. But when you get a good one, ohhh la la.

Shawn

Juno – I am in the same situation as you. Going on a tropical trip this summer, wanting to lose another 10-15 pounds and yet not wanting to get over-filled beforehand. Do you suffer from chronic asthma or exercise induced asthma? Is there a preventative medication that you can take? Have you shopped for clothes for your trip yet? I’m trying to put off buying anything until as late as possible.

<o>:P</o>:P

Hi Terry! Back in high school, I was told I had exercise induced asthma, but I never had an attack, AND I was very active (cheerleading, dance, basketball, whatever!). I've always had horrible sinuses and I'm very susceptible to respiratory infections. This asthma attack was completely out of nowhere. My new allergist is treating me as if it is chronic, so I am on Zyrtec, Advair, and Nasocort daily. I do admit I'm feeling much better, and my allergies are totally in check.

I did do a little shopping for my trip. I got a couple new shirts and a new pair of jeans (even though the weight is coming off slowly, I'm changing shape, so I'm down another size!). I actually fit in my smaller clothes from my last tropical trip 2 years ago, so that saved me some cash!

When is your trip? We leave in a mere 3 weeks!! I can't wait :)

Maria