Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey everyone…

I'm still here, been lurking for a bunch of weeks. Since I've had no fills; I feel like I really can't contribute much to the conversations any longer. And for the most part, can't really relate to a lot. I feel like I've fallen behind. I'm where the March Bandsters are. My first fill is scheduled for next Tuesday, may 8. So I've been on the board reading every day, getting myself psyched up again. In my mind, I keep thinking I'm eating like a horse. But in reality, I must have SOME sort of restriction; as I was filled up the other day on just 1/2 of a wrap sandwich, where in the past I'd eat the whole thing, then some, then some snack, cookie whatever. Either way, I am still eating more than the 1 cup per meal. I'm still gulping my Water - something I know that will go away with my fill. The best way for me to view this now is that I lost the 30 pounds, and stopped the last month or so. So when I start to loose again, it's more like a Phase II - lol. I cant' believe that I'd actually look forward to the day that I can eat less. I've been working on the mental. I'm still terrified of a PB. I'm still basking in the compliments that I've been getting. To me, its not like I'm loosing more. But apparently - everyone sees me changing.

And yes…I've had two people at work who told me that they've 'put two and two together'…and figured that I had Gastric Bypass. I fessed up…told them about my band. Kind of nice to tell the truth to the chosen few. I can't lie very well.

Again, thanks for having me back as an active member!!!

sherilynn, I too have been lurking, not having anything to contribute. I am also unable to relate, I've fallen so far behind, especially when I thought that I'd be one of the best loosers! I just knew that I'd be able to stick with the diet plan, and just eatting a little would be great. I do eat considerably less than I use to, but still eatting way way too much. At least once a day when I eat my first meal of the day I PB, but once I throw up what ever is caught then it seems I can eat alot more. I'm getting to be a real pro at it. Sad to think I've gotten so good at pucking and still not loosing anything. I've lost 18 pounds since surgery Jan. 15th, and all of that was right after surgery. I've just maintained that loss. I still can't make myself exercise, still feel fat, tired, and lazy. I have lost inches, and get excited over the fact that I am wearing smaller clothes, but by now I should be wearing alot smaller clothes than what I am. I'm proud of all the people on this site that is loosing so well. Today is another day, and I'm starting fresh today, started a food journal, I'm starting my low carb diet back today. I have a wonderful tool, I plan to use it. Low carb worked so well prior to surgery I know that it will work for me, and now that I feel I can eat just about anything it's time to put the tool to work. I think I need prayers for this head hunger.

Ok girls, chins up. This is a life time commitment - not a few months, so you've only just begun. It is a daily struggle to stay on the plan. It is not the "easy way out", as some people say, but we know it takes a lot of hard work. Instead of looking at it as "I've only lost such & sunch pounds", think about how far you have come. Your learning new eating, you are not heavier than you were, you are smaller, and your time is just around the corner. It does take a fill or two to start feeling a good restriction.

I still have not PB'd, I've slimed a time or two, but no pbing. I cannot gulp Water any longer, but the fills have given me great restriction. I hit a plateau last month, but once it broke, I started the losing train again.

I'm convinced YOU HAVE TO EXERCISE. Exercise does not have to be boring, find an activity that you like, even just going for some short walks and build up. I know we are all busy and it takes time out of our day to exercise, but you girls deserve it. I use my exercise time to mediate on my day, or anything I want to think about, Its my alone time and I really enjoy it now.

Head hunger is the hardest thing to overcome, and not sure if we will ever overcome it, I take it one day at a time, I fight it every day!

Also, losing inches is a big thing so be proud of yourselves, everyone loses at different rates, so I hope someone losing faster doesn't discourage you, I sure don't want to discourage anyone!

Just checking to say hi!

How are you all doing?

I am doing good! Just adjusting to going back to work. I feel like I don't have that much time to myself anymore. But, I am getting a schedule down now.

I was up from my lowest of 164 to 169 during TOM. I am now back down to 165. I was eating too many carbs and felt soooo hungry all the time.

I had a second fill 3 weeks ago bringing me to 2.4 cc's in a 4 cc band. I am still able to eat pretty well, but a little less than before this last fill. I was still able to eat 2 hamburger patties for dinner and a small salad.< /p>

I am not exercisng right now either.

Just wanted to say hi!!!

Audree

Just checking to say hi!

How are you all doing?

I am doing good! Just adjusting to going back to work. I feel like I don't have that much time to myself anymore. But, I am getting a schedule down now.

I was up from my lowest of 164 to 169 during TOM. I am now back down to 165. I was eating too many carbs and felt soooo hungry all the time.

I had a second fill 3 weeks ago bringing me to 2.4 cc's in a 4 cc band. I am still able to eat pretty well, but a little less than before this last fill. I was still able to eat 2 hamburger patties for dinner and a small salad.< /p>

I am not exercisng right now either.

Just wanted to say hi!!!

Audree

I was just about to PM you to find where you were! We've been missing you!

Good morning!

Hey Audree! Good to see you back here!

I thought I'd post some of my NSVs, seeing as that's been the topic lately...

1. Down 2 sizes in pants. Wow!

2. Can hook my bra on the inner-most hooks.

3. No longer huff and puff while putting on socks or tying shoes.

4. Can make it up a flight of stairs without wanting to die.

So far, so good!

I agree with Tonya -- exercise is so important. I can't wait to get back to it. I've been away from the gym because of a big asthma attack and some other health issues. I gotta get healthy!

Maria

I too have been lurking. In fact I got a message asking where have I been. I lost 30 pounds and then stopped. I go back to my doctor on May 11th so I thought I better get back on track. Starting this past Monday, I get back to high Protein and weighing my food. I also got moving a little more (two nights of Water aerobics and a few short walks ) and I got on the scale this morning and I lost two pounds. I just keep telling myself that the lapband is a tool and I have to use it.

Good luck to all of us struggling.

Edie

Edie - good for you!

Maria - GREAT NSV'S! Be careful with your asthma, glad you getting better!

I thought I would share my progress phote with my January Band sisters & brothers! By the way, where are all the guys? Marjon9 - you haven't been here in ages!

All you lurkers, you gotta let us know how your doing!

The first picture is the night before surgery, the 2nd picture is my 3 mo. band birthday pic. Can you see a difference?

post-211109-13813134945119_thumb.jpg

post-211109-13813134945368_thumb.jpg

PS - I still got the big hips, but working on those! But I think I'm improving!

I feel the same way, I actually can't wait to get to the gym! I'm working out now 6 days a week (sometimes 2 x's per day). I feel so good! I'm down a total of 60 lbs now (weighed this morning at 188). My goal is to get to 178 by June 22nd (my doc's appointment), and he is going to use me in his 2008 calendar. I'm going to be a calendar girl. lol.

Congratulations on 38lbs GONE FOREVER!

Thank you Tonya! I actually weighed in today and lost another 2lbs:clap2: That makes 40 pounds down. I am so excited! How wonderful for you!-60 lbs is GREAT! How many calories do you eat/day? I am eating about 800/day and wondering if I should be at 1000-1200. How exciting to be a calendar girl! I know you can do it!:) Have a great weekend! Talk to you soon-Gigi

How many calories do you eat/day? I am eating about 800/day and wondering if I should be at 1000-1200.

To be honest, I really don't know, I don't count them at all. I try and eat something every 3 hours, something small. I know the lab band rules are 3x's a day, but 5 mini meals seems to be working for me, so why change?

I usually have 1 egg for bfast, or Protein Shake, around 7 am, then around 10, I might have 1/2 container of SF yogurt & 1/2 container of lowfat cottage cheese (I mix these together - yum), lunch, I eat usually a salad (dressing on the side, and I dip my fork in dressing before taking a bite of salad - save 100's of calories), Then around 3ish of 4ish, I have either a string cheese or the other 1/2 of yogurt and cottage cheese - dinner is usually a little bit (1/2 cup) of whatever we are having.

Once I stop losing weight, I might need to make adjustments to my diet, but for now its working and I'm totally satisfied with it, so I'll stick to it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I'm headed to bed, its been a looooong day.

night everyone.

PS - you guys are too kind with the compliments. thanks so much!

PS - I still got the big hips, but working on those! But I think I'm improving!

Sunshine, I love the new avatar! You are looking fantastic!

Like some others on here, I'm having a hard time at the moment. The weight loss has stalled. Work has been horrible for the past 3 weeks -- I'm only sleeping in 2 hour intervals here and there; I'm not keeping track of food because I can't even keep track of what time of day it is; my cat is getting sicker so when I'm home I'm tending to him (sub-q fluids twice a day, injections, and oral meds); when I'm not working, I'm napping - sometimes even on my office floor; and my body aches all over from lack of sleep and physical/mental fatigue. Life sucks at the moment, and I'm lapsing back into old habits, like nervous eating. I'm pretty sure I'm staying under 1300 calories, but I really need to stick to 800 to lose weight. When work gets like this, I feel like food is the only good thing I have. It's the only thing that gives me any solace from the misery of my job. I'm scheduled for a fill next Wednesday and just pray that I can sneak away from work long enough to do it. By the way, the only reason I'm able to get on this forum tonight is because the power went out in my building, so I got to leave work at 9:30 p.m. Yay!!!!! Of course tomorrow I'll be even more stressed because the power outage is causing me to fall about 5 hours behind in my work. Yuck!!! I think I may take some phentermine until my work situation gets better. Too bad they don't prescribe real speed anymore - I could use a burst of energy. Or maybe just a new job!

Enterprise01 - so sorry to hear about the stress - I know life gets all shook up when we have a lot of stress.

Sorry to hear about your little kitty, that alone can cause a lot of stress. Hang in there, but please remember, the most important thing in this is YOU. You must take care of yourself, the work will AWAYS be there, and you deserve to be fit & healthy, so put yourself first and get some sleep :notagree

Tonya - thank you! And you look fantastic! I should post some pics soon too.

Enterprise - hang in there, friend! It's hard to have stress at work and sick kitties too. Just know I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Well, I think I need another fill, but I'm going on vacation the first week of June, so I'm going to wait until after that. I still have my moments, so I don't want to be dealing with an unfamiliar situation while in the Bahamas. On the downside, I was hoping to lose 10-15 more pounds before then, but this asthma business has really put a dent into things.