Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

how long does(did) everone have to have clear fluids after their first fill? My doc told me 3 days of clear fluids!! Seems like a long time.

Thanks,

Amy

HI Amy

I wasn't on a Clear Liquids after my 1st fill. I thought that was strange but my doctor didn't put me on one. But it must be working because I have lost 3lbs since my fill on tuesday

Hi! I think that I am the last one to get my first fill. I am scheduled for my fill on 3/22. I am a little nervous though. Gigi:)

Hi Gigi!

They're saving the best for last! Don't be nervous... i was a wuss enough for the both of us- it's really not bad at all!

Childbirth-10

Lap Band Surgery and recover-8

First Fill-1

Let us know how it goes.

Luv ya Band sister!

Kim :kiss2:

banded 1/30/07 (same day as you)

223ps/217s/202t/135g

first fill 03/09/07

how long does(did) everone have to have clear fluids after their first fill? My doc told me 3 days of clear fluids!! Seems like a long time.

Thanks,

Amy

untill the next morning

Its my 28th birthday tomorrow and I am going out with some friends, does anyone have any good suggestions on mix drinks? I do not want any wine, that just puts me to sleep.lol I am a grey goose & abosoute person!

Hey everyone!!! Am I the last one to get a fill still? LOL. I'm scheduled for Wednesday so that will be good. I'm going to join a local gym on Monday, I haven't worked out, I still have a lot of residual Fluid in my lungs still so if I take deep breaths I cough like I have emphyzema! So once that settles down, then I'm going to start a couch to 5k running program. Wish me luck on that. Ha ha. I also cut my hair off and dyed it brown, guess it's time for change. Keep up the good work!

I went Thursday and could not get the fill and now i have to wait until after my vacation and maybe even a week longer since my Dr is just coming back from vacation it appears he may not be able to fit me in for the fill the first week in April. I am still waiting for the girl to call me back and let me know. I will have to call her again on Monday.

I am sure everything will be fine with your 1st fill. Good Luck

hello all..

so I got my first fill today, 1cc in a 10cc band..

My dr told me that he starts off with 4 cc in the 10 cc band and then 2 and then 1. Since I was unable to have it done in the office and he has to do it via fluroscope he told me that he plans on filling it until he sees restriction so that i do not have to go back. I hope it does not wind up being to much.

How soon can you go back if you do not find restriction with the 1 cc?

Good Luck!

I feel absolutely NO restriction! AND I dont see how if I dont have it now, I will get it later...how does that work? I would think you would feel tightest when you first get the fill...

I feel absolutely NO restriction! AND I dont see how if I dont have it now, I will get it later...how does that work? I would think you would feel tightest when you first get the fill...

Hi Tracy! the way my MD explained it to me..It takes a few fills to find your "sweet" spot. The way it was explained to me was, when the band is first put in it is not "filled" with anything. It's tight but mostly due to swelling..Yes there is some restriction there and for some it's enough, but the band is completely empty. With every fill they tighten it a little more. the reason why they don't fill it all at once is due to slippage or corosion, it's too risky, and because everyone is different. Some people can feel restriction right off the bat, while others need to have there band completely filled (which will probably be me...) to get restriciton. My MD will only do 1 cc per fill in the begining to see how it goes. I had my first fill almost 2 weeks ago and I felt a lot of restriction the first couple of days and then there was less (they say it's normal becuase the stomach will swell and then in a few days the swelling will go down). I know the band is a little tighter but it's due to "feeling" the food go down. I will be getting my second fill this comming tuesday and I hope it helps with the hunger...:faint: . I'm not an expert but I hope this helps...:)

Hi! I am a January bandster, too.

:) HI myfoursons! Welcome and congratulations:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: !!! How are you feeling?

Beginning weight - 248, todays weight (drum roll please) 198.0 I have reached the 50 lbs mark!!!!!!!!! YAY!(pre-op diet weight included in my beginning number)

Before /1 month out/ 2 months out

Waist - 41 1/2" / 38" / 36 = lost 5 1/2"

Hips - 51" / 46 1/2 / 45" = lost 6"

Left Thigh - 28" / 26 1/4"/ 24" = lost 4"

calves - 17" / 15 1/2"/ 15 = lost 2"

left arm - 15 1/2" / 14" / 13 = lost 2"

breast - 43" / 40"/ 39" = lost 4"

under breast - 37"/36 1/2" / 36" = lost 1"

TOTAL INCHES LOST = 24 1/2" (One month post op was 17 1/4", so I've lost an addidtional 7 1/4" in the last 30 days!)

BEGINNING WEIGHT = 248/198 = lost total 50 lbs (pre-op & post op)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Its my 28th birthday tomorrow and I am going out with some friends, does anyone have any good suggestions on mix drinks? I do not want any wine, that just puts me to sleep.lol I am a grey goose & abosoute person!

hmmm, I know wine is safe, you would need to stay away from the real high caloires drinks, but maype and apple martini or something? Mainly try and stay away from carbonation.

Happy Bday and have a good one, enjoy!

Hi! I am a January bandster, too.

I'm not sure if your already on my list, I'm having some computer problems and hopefull I can get the master list updated and sent to Angy to post.

Welcome!

Hi Tracy! the way my MD explained it to me..It takes a few fills to find your "sweet" spot. The way it was explained to me was, when the band is first put in it is not "filled" with anything. It's tight but mostly due to swelling..Yes there is some restriction there and for some it's enough, but the band is completely empty. With every fill they tighten it a little more. the reason why they don't fill it all at once is due to slippage or corosion, it's too risky, and because everyone is different. Some people can feel restriction right off the bat, while others need to have there band completely filled (which will probably be me...) to get restriciton. My MD will only do 1 cc per fill in the begining to see how it goes. I had my first fill almost 2 weeks ago and I felt a lot of restriction the first couple of days and then there was less (they say it's normal becuase the stomach will swell and then in a few days the swelling will go down). I know the band is a little tighter but it's due to "feeling" the food go down. I will be getting my second fill this comming tuesday and I hope it helps with the hunger...:faint: . I'm not an expert but I hope this helps...:)

Great explanation. Here are some things I'm noticing about my fill - I received a 2.2cc's in a 4cc band - pretty tight, but not so tight that I get food stuck, not once have I got food stuck, But at times I can feel it going thru the band and it is a pain and I would hate for it to get stuck. Anyhow, back to the band and restriction, for me my restriction varries I've noticed. During TOM, I'm really restricted right now, during the day, not so much, then around 7 pm get really restricted again, could only eat 1 chicken tender for dinner Friday night, but ate an enitire chick thigh for lunch, along with a spring roll, 2 grilled shrimp and a few bites of rice.

I find then at times, I'm loser in the evenings too, I really never know how tight I'm going to be. Its almost 2 weeks since my fill. I am supposed to go on 4/5 for my 2nd, but right now, I'm happy with this one. We'll see if I lose more, or start to stall as the time gets closer.

I just don't want to start getting food stuck and having all the PB problems.

PS - Last night I went to a wedding (My counsins), I havent seen my family in so long, I felt really bad at times because I felt like I was stealing the brides "thunder". Everyone just kept telling my how good I look, (blush) and the best part of it, my old boyfriend was there (gosh he was so hot, he looks like I swear, clint black with blond hair, same dimples and everything - yes he dumped me!). Anyhow, my heart jumps a little when I see him, although I love my DH dearly, I think its just a hurt pride kinda thing, well, he saw me and came over and gave me a hug, and as he hugged me he told me I looked better today then I did 21 years ago. I was thinking "glad you noticed", then I introduced him to my DH of 19 yrs! (he has gone thru several divorces). So, I felt like he might have broke my heart 20 something years ago, but in the end, I've done better without him! (He was still as good looking as ever though!) lol

Since the first of the year I've lost a total of 31 pounds and went down 2 sizes in jeans. ... I started out at 330 and am now in the 280's so have a lot to lose! Good luck to all!

5jacks - I am so proud of you! Great job!!!