Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi,

Had my fill on Wednesday and can definately feel restriction. I've also attended a support group last thursday which was motivating. There were some old time banders there, some newbies, like myself and one who was getting hers today.

For those of you who live in a more settled area...the only place to get fills in Montana is here in Great Falls, so people have to travel to get it done..as well as the surgery. It would be a great business opportunity for someone to get the training to do fills!

On a more fun note, I'm down 26 pounds and have been doing a bit of exercise. I think we might see spring in the days ahead and I'm just feeling great!!

One thing that I'm working on keeping on top of is it is better for me to use smaller, salad plates and to keep in mind "normal" portions. I do tend to make good food choices but we all have our moments.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and week.

Shawn

Breakfast--One scrambled egg

Lunch--2 slices of turkey breast with 1 T of low fat veggie cream cheese (made it into a roll-up)

Snack--Atkin's Protein Shake

Dinner--1 oz ground turkey and 1/8 cup of collard greens

I hope I could help with some tips

Keep up the good work :clap2:

Andrea, are you seriously feeling satisfied on that? Do you have a fill yet? OMG, that makes me look like a hog still!

Gang, This is what I ate today -- everyone tell me if it looks alright:

Breakfast: granola bar

Snack: 1 pc string cheese

Lunch: 1 chicken fajita with a bit of cheese and guac. 1/2 cup orange segments

Dinner: 8 small beef ravioli with Tomato sauce

I've also already had about 80 oz of Water today too.

On paper (or screen, haha) it doesn't look too bad, but I'm starting to get frustrated because I haven't lost anything since my fill two weeks ago. I need a pep talk!!

Maria

Andrea, are you seriously feeling satisfied on that? Do you have a fill yet? OMG, that makes me look like a hog still!

On paper (or screen, haha) it doesn't look too bad, but I'm starting to get frustrated because I haven't lost anything since my fill two weeks ago. I need a pep talk!!

Maria

I wish I could eat that little and be satiated.

I am no expert but that is not alot of food, and you may be slowing down your metabolism, but heck that is what got me in the predicament in the first place.

I went to my nutritionist today for my first post surgical visit. He took my measurements and so far I've only lost 17 (on my surgeons scale) but have lost 2" in my waist, 4" in my bust and 5" on my hips! I knew the clothes were getting loose - but thought that this was just too good to be true. I can't understand how just 17 pounds can show such a huge measure!!!

Was also told to add B-complex to my Vitamin regimin, as well as get some fruits in my diet. Over all, he was very pleased with my 1 month progress. Unfortnately, my new insurance does NOT pay for any nutrionists visits!!!!

I don't think I was having heartburn, but trapped air again. It seems to be gone now, thank the Lord. I have to stop using straws, but when I go out to eat I CAN'T drink without a straw.

Hey Sheila!!! How are you? I'm glad you're better!!! Yeah..giving up the straws is hard, but shhhhh...you know what I do...I bring disposable cups for myself...or I ask for those plastic cups they give the kids at some places...Not too classy but I haven't had air IN A LONG TIME!!! :clap2: Just a thought...:) Keep me posted!!!

blessings!!!

Olga

Maria

No, I haven't had a fill yet, I'm scheduled for 3/21. I do feel satisfied with that because it's 6 small meals, which works out really good for me. I also drink a lot of water. It's weird because my stomach growls, but I'm not "hungry". I also make sure to eat my Protein first, complex carbs second, and everything else last. Maria, what you're eating is looking alright, if you feel full on that, then that's awesome because it looks like a good well-balanced food plan!!!

You know what else is weird with my body now, the top of my head feels hot on and off throughout the day like I have a heat lamp on my head, it's weird. I take my temperature and it's normal. I don't know maybe it's the cold weather.

Hi all I need assistance in trying to get my Water in. I don't drink any other liquids but it is hard for me to drink my 64 oz. I am going to try tomorrow taking a big 32 oz water bottle to work. I am going to see if I can drink three of those in a day. Pray for me if that works I will be doing that. I love water so I have no idea why this is so hard.

I'm stressing bad! I've been trying to get this job for almost 2 years...well they called me 2 weeks ago to do medical and drug test, and said I would hear something by last Friday. It's Tuesday and nothing! The lady that I'm supposed to talk to has been out sick this week, and I know there is nothing I can do about it, but I just want to know SOMETHING, ANYTHING at this point. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. Thanks for hearing me out.

Good Day everyone! i'm very excited and pleased to post that I GOT MY FILL!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I have 1 cc holding me tight:) . I don't know if it was mentally or physically but I literally lost my appetite as soon as the MD filled it..It was kinda weird but I thought I'd share. I had about 4 ounces of wonton Soup (just the broth) and I feel full. He said that I would feel some restriction, but to have the correct restriciton it would take about 4 more fills or visits...I'm ok with that. I'm just glad my hunger has been "tightened". I hope everyone is doing well.

Jeannete~I bet the job is yours...You'll see!!! POSITIVITY!!!! :D

Purpose~I would try some crystal light or other liquids...It just might be that your body is just sick of water... I know it is hard for me to drink the 64 or more ounces in H2O but I can drink them in CL or light juices...just a thought...Good luck!!!

I'm stressing bad! I've been trying to get this job for almost 2 years...well they called me 2 weeks ago to do medical and drug test, and said I would hear something by last Friday. It's Tuesday and nothing! The lady that I'm supposed to talk to has been out sick this week, and I know there is nothing I can do about it, but I just want to know SOMETHING, ANYTHING at this point. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. Thanks for hearing me out.

I think you need to get assertive on this situation. If I were you, I'd handcuff myself to the boss's office and refuse to move until they tell you whether or not you got the job.

[A little humor there. Good for the stress, they say]

I think you need to get assertive on this situation. If I were you, I'd handcuff myself to the boss's office and refuse to move until they tell you whether or not you got the job.

[A little humor there. Good for the stress, they say]

I agree, you got to hound people to get results, you probably got the job, but they are just waiting around probably, who knows?

Good Day everyone! i'm very excited and pleased to post that I GOT MY FILL!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I have 1 cc holding me tight:) .

I can't believe you got a fill already! We were banded on the same day and I have to wait until the 21st, how much does your band hold? Let me know how you feel in a couple of days!

Just checking in, I have a lot of catching up to do......so behind on reading my post.

I got my first fill today! I can feel some major restriction already. I haven't lost any weight since the 18th, so I'm hoping this will get me going again. I got 2.2 cc's in my 4cc band under flouro, it was weird watching it, but in a cool kind of way.

Will come back later.........I gotta read all these post, I'm so behind!

I can't believe you got a fill already! We were banded on the same day and I have to wait until the 21st, how much does your band hold? Let me know how you feel in a couple of days!

I have "the smallest band" my MD uses..I'm not sure how much it holds due to not asking...:) I will ask him in two weeks when he will see me again and tell me if I need another fill...I'll keep you posted. My MD will do a fill after 4 weeks. I will keep you posted!:P