Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I took a big ol horse pill Vitamin today, it went down fine, but I sure do hate them...I have a rash on my stomach too, that is itchy, dont quite know what that is from.(took some benadryl, which knocked me on my butt for about 4 hours) Finally went to the bathroom today, yippee! Feeling frustrated cuz my head is telling me Im hungry..ate my food a little fast today..tomorrow is back to work so I hope that goes well..congrats to all of you on your successes.

I took a big ol horse pill Vitamin today, it went down fine, but I sure do hate them...I have a rash on my stomach too, that is itchy, dont quite know what that is from.(took some benadryl, which knocked me on my butt for about 4 hours) Finally went to the bathroom today, yippee! Feeling frustrated cuz my head is telling me Im hungry..ate my food a little fast today..tomorrow is back to work so I hope that goes well..congrats to all of you on your successes.

Glad to hear you are doing well!!!

I had a friend at work that had the lap band and she got a rash on her stomach too. He gave her an antibotic for it?? Did the benadryl work?:confused:

Hello all! Don't know if you noticed me missing for nearly a week. This is my 4th time typing this because I keep deleting by accident. :faint: Anyway, the day of surgery I was so nervous I shed a few tears thinking maybe I was being a bit hasty doing this to myself. I found out that I have sensitive skin and was itching from the Dial soap I was to shower with prior to surgery. I now hate Blue Frost Gatorade because I had to drink 64 ounces the night before surgery and almost threw it up on the last few swallows. Surgery went well and I was able to walk and had less pain than my gallbladder surgery in October. The hospital and staff were awesome and took very good care of me. The next morning during a routine breathing treatment, I began to shake so hard my teeth were chattering! I had developed a fever of 104!! I was so miserable and thought what have I done to myself?? They took 4 small pop sized bottles, not vials, bottles of blood and there was no infection with the band or anything. (Thank God!) I was terrified that I was rejecting my band, etc.. I also did a barium swallow and never knew iodine tasted so awful. I saw my band and it looked so perfect. :confused: I ended up with the worst sinus infection ever. Every time I blow my nose, it bleeds. I was so sick the past few days, I could not even listen to a tv. No noise or my head would ring. Lesson 1 - don't ignore the little sore throat the day of surgery! I ended up fortunate because I was allowed scrambled eggs, pudding, etc.. from the start, this is where lesson 2 comes in: Mashed potatoes were so good today after not wanting to eat at all since Tuesday that I ate 3 bites too fast and it hurt so bad that I thought I would die. I did everything but stand on my head trying to relieve the pain. Nearly 30 minutes or so later and I will not make that mistake twice. Sorry to ramble but I had to get this off my chest... Now the good news, I am happy to be banded and I have already lost 10 lbs.!! I was stunned. Well, take care and I hope my advice here will be helpful for some future bandster.

Christine:scared:

My stomach was never really sore from the surgery. I did have gas pain in my stomach for about 3 days. The shoulder pain is gas too. The reason I didn't have such bad gas was because I threw up after surgery and when I was throwing up, gas was forcefully coming out of my mouth. It was so weird.

Tylenol liquid helped me in the beginning. Also a nice heating pad on the stomach and shoulder. I used to lay on mine at night.

My friend told me it took a month for all the gas to come out!

Hello,

I stocked up on all the liquid stuff from what I read here and my doctor informed me that this is for gastric bypass patients, not banding. I have been swallowing pills and doing chewable vitamins and Calcium. They are huge and I sure don't want them stuck! I discovered that I don't like liquid tylenol too much! :phanvan

Ladyleo - glad to have you back! 104 degree fever is not fun -- whew! I have to admit, I kinda like the liquid tylenol. LOL! :confused:

Dee-I am thinking it could have been the vicoden that caused the rash..yes, the benadryl worked..I cant wait to chew again~

Iwas banded on 1/23 and I can eat anything as long as I chew it up really really well. I have lost almost 25 pounds already because I have had diarhhea due to a bacterial infection. And so even though I can eat anything, I take one bite of something good and that is about it because I am terrified of gaining back any weight! I wish I didn't feel like eating anything yet!

Lee

Dr K

236/214/135

1st fill scheduled 2/22

Hi All!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I guess I should clarify... I am here in Wisconsin where it is currently -15 degrees F. Walking outside is not an option (at least in my book) until, say.. .March. I am just headed to the gym to do some time on the treadmill and maybe a few on the eliptical. Nothing strenuous at this point! I work near the mall in town, so I have been able to do a bit of walking during the day. I just want to get back to the gym so I can get back in the habit of going, and maybe breaking a sweat!

[FYI, Shesha, I was banded on the 31st, so still am very new to this, but my Dr's instruction are to not do any heavy lifting or gym exercises until at least four weeks post op. The strain in the abdominal muscles interfers with the healing. He recommended to just walk, walk, walk. I know I am anxious to start at the gym also, but am scared of messing up something before it heals completly.

Well I'm back at work today. I was a little upset this morning when I stepped on the scale and to find that I was up 1 lb from last Monday. I haven't been weighing and had my DH hide my scales, but then I though, maybe I should weigh once per week. Anyhow, wasn't good! I figure my body is just getting used to food now since I was on liquids until last Thursday. I wont let it get me down!

For those, like me, who were told only to take chewable or liquid vitamins for the first 6 weeks. I use Bariatric Advantage. You can do a search for them online.

They also make chewable Calcium and chewable Iron. I have the iron and the tropical fruit Vitamin. The iron does absolutely NOTHING, pleasant that is, for my breath. LOL. So, I typically take it at night before I go to bed.

I also purchased Centrum chewables at Walgreens and some chewable calcium. Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention to the sugar content of the chewable calcium when I purchased it, so I'm not taking them...still debating it since it's only a month's supply. As for the multi-vitamins, I prefer the Bariatric Advantage.

Just wanted to give you some options.

I took a big ol horse pill Vitamin today, it went down fine, but I sure do hate them...I have a rash on my stomach too, that is itchy, dont quite know what that is from.(took some benadryl, which knocked me on my butt for about 4 hours) Finally went to the bathroom today, yippee! Feeling frustrated cuz my head is telling me Im hungry..ate my food a little fast today..tomorrow is back to work so I hope that goes well..congrats to all of you on your successes.[/quote

Hi Tracy,

I had a rash too. Outside of my breasts, down my sides, over stomach and on top of legs. Very itchy and I used benedry cream. I didn't take anything orally. My Dr. said it might be a "virus" which I didn't understand. I think it was the body objecting to a foreign object or from the solution they put on you pre-surgery (betadine or something like it). I am over the rash but it sure left my skin dry.

Great news...I went riding yesterday!! whooo hoooo. It was a bit painful at anything faster than a walk. But ahhh, I felt so good doing it.

Shawn

I forgot to mention that today is my 2nd follow-up with my surgeon. The first was actually with his nurse, today is with him.

So, hopefully, I'll have some good news to report later tonight. I only weigh in at his office. I am measuring at home, though. I can definitely say that my body shape is changing, and I've lost about 2 inches each from the areas I measure. Which is a good thing. Because when I started, I couldn't get the tape measure around my hips (thanks Mom)....Now at least it fits all the way around...barely.