Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easter in Mexico!

iPhones have FaceTime. It's also similar to Skype. But it's pretty spotty, cuts out way too much. Google Plus is much better, I think. And anyone with a smart phone can download the app.

I'm shooting for March 28th, so I should see you all as well!

Parker, we will all be there for each other. My husband is coming with me but he will adopt you all I'm sure :) He has a weakness for damsels in distress.

I arrive on the 31st.....

I should be at hotel then recovering. So if you want to get together . Maybe I can share my experience with you and hopefully ease your nerves. I think I'm gonna be a mess the night before. Lol

If you have a smart phone you can get viber, text and talk for free with wifi if the other person also has viber. Another person when I was there was able to use her AT&T US service while at mi dr hospital. The hotel was to far over the border.

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX

I should be at hotel then recovering. So if you want to get together . Maybe I can share my experience with you and hopefully ease your nerves. I think I'm gonna be a mess the night before. Lol

cindysc, I will be at the hospital when you arrive. I'll try to find you, things will be fine!

Four weeks to go!!!!!

Hey cindysc how did you find your flight, what airline and where are your stops? I ask because I am hoping a friend of mine from Anderson can come with me. She was sleeved last May by Dr Ortiz so I figured who better to accompany me. I will buy her plane ticket so just trying to so a little planning. I'm afraid what rates will be if this sequester from the Feds really happens.

Thanks a bunch!

I booked through delta website. From Gsp to Atlanta then to San Diego. I paid 459 round trip. I also upgraded to economy comfort. I think it was 600 total. But could of got away with $459. Actually it took me 2 weeks to book flight and it kept saying $516. Then the other night I decided I'm gonna just do it and to my surprise the cost went down. Southwest is about the same but I didn't like the flight times and I wanted to go through atl not Detroit or something. One more thing I looked into flying from atl to save and it was $7 cheaper.. Funny... When is your surgery?

Thanks so much for the info CindySC! We are waiting on coordinating Nana's to keep our kiddos! :) I am shooting for the week of the 10th or 17th of June. That's when school is out and my mom can keep my daughter and my friend's parents are taking a vacation and we aren't sure when that will be. Hopefully she will know something this weekend and I can schedule in the next week or two! If not I can do this by myself!

Starting pre op diet today! I can't believe I'm only two weeks away! Getting a little nervous, passport hasn't arrived. Other than that things are on track. I started tracking in My Fitness Pal, I love how they track your nutrients for you along with calories, fat, carbs etc.

I know time is flying by. I start my pre op tomorrow . My kids better watch out fir the next two weeks. They will be so happy to get rid of me by then. Lol

I know time is flying by. I start my pre op tomorrow . My kids better watch out fir the next two weeks. They will be so happy to get rid of me by then. Lol

My pre-op diet is only one week, so I don't start until next Thursday. My goal this weekend is to make some homemade clear broths (chicken, mushroom, maybe beef) and stock up on sugar free popsicles and clear juices. It has started to creep into the edge of my thoughts, as I've been eating this week, that this is the last time I'll eat XX (fill in the blank) for a while. I've been trying to push that out of my mind, though, and focus on being prepared and the overall goal.

~Kat

Funny I have been having food funerals all week. Poptarts, donuts,chilli Beans, ribs, hot wings. I love Pizza!!! So tonite I am gonna have pizza. My paperwork said 7 to 14 day pre op but I am gonna do the 14 day one. In case I crack on the first 7 I wont beat myself up to much. I am not a big Soup person but I am thinking I will more than welcome some soup when it comes time. THIS IS REALLY GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!! I could scream!!!!

Its funny how every doctor is different in their pre op.....I was told just 3 days before to start my pre op. I understand what you are saying when you talk about eating the things you will miss the most. Went to MacDonalds with the kids the other night and was thinking that I will never again be able to finish a big mac. Its getting close!!!!! starting to get very excited the count down is on to leave march 31st. and surgery on april 1st. Cindysc gonna have to set something up so that we hook up at the hotel on the 31st.