Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easy Way Out? Really?

@Lexsan These people fit into 2 categories. Either they're your skinny friend who doesn't want you to succeed or they are your fat friend who doesn't want you to become the skinny friend.

I have found in my journey that there are a lot of people hoping for you to fail. They may not say it to your face, but if you fail it validates their concern. I love my family... but I swear sometimes those negative people would have LOVED me to have complications just so they could say "I told you so".

Instead I am now below the weight I weighed when I graduated. I went clothes shopping this weekend at a normal department store and it was AWESOME!

I donated almost all my old clothes including the suit I wore on my honeymoon and I tried on my letter jacket from 11th & 12th grade last weekend and it's to big.

Oh yeah... and my wife and I are having the best sex of our lives.

To hell with your friend and all those negative people - change your voicemail message to say "If this is soandso, I have heard your argument and I don't care... leave a message - bye!"

Congrats on choosing to have the surgery & good luck tomorrow! The first few weeks are the "holy crap what have I done" weeks, but after you're healed and back on normal food it's the best feeling ever! I'm totally worked up over this now, LOL :lol:

I haven't had someone directly say its the easy way out but I can look at some people's faces after I tell them and see a sense of agitation. Thats when I start thinking to myself, wait a minute, have you drank a soda in the past 6 months? or have you eaten fast food in the past 6 months? Cause I know I haven't and if that's cheating to you then go to he**!! These idiots think we can eat as we please and the pounds are going to miraculously fall off. How fortunate and nice to be born with a normal metabolism, some of the most unhealthiest people are the ones wearing skinny jeans and Under Armour but of cource to them, its about looks.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON TODAY BUT IM GUESSING IT HATER SEASON. VST FAMILY PLEASE SHUT THOSE PEOPLE OUT. SOMEONE TOLD ME TO DO THIS WHEN PEOPLE START GIVING OFF BAD VIBES N THIS IS NO TALE .SAY HALLELUYAH OVER N OVER WHILE THAT PERSON OR PERSONS R IN YOUR SPACE N GOD WILL REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR SPACE. THEY WON'T B HURT OR ANYTHING JUST AWAY FROM U WITH THE NEGATIVE STUFF. IT REALLY WORKS PEOPLE WHO I KNOW THAT HATES ON ME HAVE STAYED AWAY N WE WERE IN THE SAME ROOM THEY STAYED AT THE OTHER SIDE N SAID NOTHING BUT HELLO N KEPT IT MOVING. EVERYBODY TOGETHER PRACTICE HALLELUYAH HALLELUYAH HALLELUYAH

I would invite anyone to come be in. My shoes or even see what I go thri and then try to tell me its an easy way out. liposuction an easy way wls never!

Lexsan: I hope your surgery has gone wonderfully well today! I'm sure your friend is just trying to do what she thinks is the best for you. Just lay low, do your thing, and then ask her a few months from now after you've lost a LOT of weight if she still thinks it was a horrible thing you did to yourself.

Twoolley: you're a hoot :-)

I've kept my surgery very hush hush. I've only told my parents, 3 sisters, boyfriend and 2 best friends. However, my sister told her boyfriend (who is very narrow minded) and he told her he "didn't think I was big enough for surgery" and that I can "do it on my own if I tried harder". He thinks surgery is the easy way out. When my sister told me all of this, it really left a sour taste in my mouth. How dare him. He has lost a good amount of weight himself, but he borderline has an eating disorder. And I've been overweight for 21 of my 26 years! I've tried every diet, I need extra help and I don't think I should be looked down for it. I'm comfortable with my decision, and luckily everyone else around me supports me. :) 10 days and counting til my surgery!!

I'm not telling anyone. My partner knows and I imagine my mother in law will have to be told. But no one else. This is MY struggle and my solution. I have tried every diet, lost, gained, over and over again. You know the drill. And my A1C keeps creeping up, triglycerides and cholesterol through the roof. This is for me and my little boys, and my grandchildren that I hope to have someday and would like to meet their grandma. I won't be able to handle any more well-meaning comments like, "but you look good" or "you aren't that heavy," etc. Or my favorite is, "have you tried diet and exercise?"

I'm don't think this is easy, but I'll tell you what -- I know it's a big joke that fat people can't keep the damn fork out of their mouth. Well it's true, I couldn't keep the damn fork out of my mouth. I wasn't satisfied with small piece of lasagne, I wanted a piece the size of a brick. Didn't matter if I made if with whole wheat noodles, lean ground turkey, 2% cheese, etc. Those calories still add up! WLS was the perfect opton for me.

@Lexsan These people fit into 2 categories. Either they're your skinny friend who doesn't want you to succeed or they are your fat friend who doesn't want you to become the skinny friend.

I couldn't agree more. I have a fat friend who I am bigger than tell me every reason not to do it. Even offered for me to talk to her ex who had the sleeve 2 years ago and only lost 60 pounds and is still really big. She began to do research online as if she was going to have the sleeve and then tried to educate me about what was to come. Now she has jumped on a weightloss kick and is trying to get in shape but she doesn't work out and she eats like trash. But all this came about when I was close to being sleeved. I'm a month out and down 30 pounds and still dropping. She sees how little and slow I eat now. Even went so far to say her food had no flavor when we went out to eat so she didn't touch her dinner and said she was good with the Soup she ate. She tries to be supportive but at the end of the day I was always the fatter of the friends and soon I will leave her in the dark and she will be the fatter one. I also have a few friends who say I didn't need this and just needed to work out or tone up. I don't know if its because I am tall but I carry my weight well but I was not happy at 340 I have bad back problems shuck haven't bothered me since surgery. I was lucky and was in good health but just big as hell but that doesn't mean 5,10,15 years down the road I wouldn't have health problems. This was the best decision I have ever made. If you went through the process of deciding on surgery and you have tried everything possible then be confident in your choice. Your friend will have to understand either they support you or they need to take a step back because you are doing what you think is best for you. The first fews weeks are hard but everyday it gets better. Wait till you feel good and human again and then deal with her. Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

This is why I love this forum you guys rock. Thanks for you input, advice, and rants. Love you all and I support all of us we are all in this together!

Has anyone on vst experienced someone telling them or heard anyone in conversation saying wls is an easy way out? I haven' t personally' date=' but the other day someone posted a comment like that on one of my friends picture on insta gram. What an up roar that caused.

How can anyone say this is an easy way out, if they only knew the hell we've lived only to continue to be discriminated.

This is why I am so reserved and don't tell anyone what I'm having done. Its so sad this world still has insensitive people like that in it.

Just venting oh sigh![/quote']

When does peoples come your way just smile and move on they don't deserved your beautiful time. Even if you try explading to them they still not going to understand.

Yes i have the lapband going to get the sleeve for other medial reasons i like the band.every one say oh thats the easy way buy it is not easy it takes lots of work. :angry::rolleyes:

My dad is this way. He told me I could lose the weight on my own if I tried hard enough. He told me I haven't tried hard enough. So for the past two weeks I haven't talked to him. My surgery is next Tuesday and I'm not sure if I even want to talk to him before that. I just told him that he will have to see the results and see. I told him that even if I lost the weight without weight loss surgery, it's highly unlikely that I will keep it off (just like last time).