Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this true?

What a total jerk! You can tell he has never had a problem with his weight, but he sure does think we are a bunch of losers. Well, he's the loser!

I posted this in response to assholes comments

Maybe you should try to feed your high metabolism with healthier options other than McDonalds. You know, fast food causes more than obesity. So obesity is not the only, although leading, cause of the deletion of the supersize option. I myself chose to have weight loss surgery. NO ONE OTHER THAN MYSELF PAID FOR THAT. I paid $15,000 in cash for the surgery, that makes me no different than little miss 110lbs Barbie who wants DD breast implants, a nose job, and liposuction to sculp her almost perfect body. I have been overweight my entire life, from birth I was a big kid. I continued to grow, despite my inability to eat as a child. I was lucky to get down one meal a day until I was about 12. Thats when my overeating started. I was anorexic for a year, and when I was treated for it, I started eating two meals a day. Sometimes healthy, sometimes not. I definately always made healthier choices than most of my peers and best friends who were normal weight. I understand that some people could just help themselves. And had I been skinny from the get go I may feel the same as you, who knows. Just keep in mind that you must have love for your fellow man, although you dont have to like them at all. Many large people have emotional eating problems (thank God I didnt) and they eat because of these exact comments you are making right now, which makes them bigger, which contributes to your bitching. I promise you should have no issue with me because you did not contribute one pretty penny to my weight loss surgery.

Sadly enough, the writer is just expressing what most people really feel about the morbidly obese.......it's just most people are not as articulate as he is. I think a lot of obese people actually feel the same way he does, thus the self-loathing and emotional problems so many live with.

Everyone to his own opinion. I actually feel sorry for him, he doesn't know me or my situation in life, he is the one carrying around a hatred of a group of people he doesn't know or understand. It's eating at him...not me!

But most importantly, I haven't been judged. Some day I will be, but it most certainly will not be by him. God is my judge, and as far as I am concerned, he is the only judge I need to worry about!

VLB11752....he doesn't want or need to know us, that wouldn't make him money. For him to tell our real story wouldn't carry enough "shock value" to gather attention or earn a living like "shock jock" Howard Stern.

He did this not because it is his real opinion, he did it because he his trying to make a name for himself like Howard Stern.....he doesn't care about the insensitivity, he doesn't care if he is right or wrong........what he cares about is a hot controversial topic that would allow him to create a shocking response for attention to get his name known.....and he doesn't care how much people will hate him for it. So many hate Howard Stern and by them voicing their hate for him it only made him more famous and put more money in his pockets.

He is to be ignored, this type of tactic for fame and celebrity status does not warrant acknowledgement.

Carol

Its sad that people like that feel its ok to be deliberately hurtful and degrading to another human being.

I feel that this individual has probably directed his anger towards more than one social or political issue that didn't meet his personal approval.

Hear hear Woodys!!!! That is exactly correct!

(I especially like that he said how the surgeries "take all the work and effort out of shedding pounds"....yup, cause this is sooooooo easy!!!).

He's a nobody whose opinion isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Wouldn't you just love to see this guy fat for a few days, unable to control the urge to eat. I wouldn't go past the first couple of sentences....idiot.

Based on 2/3rds of the nation being at an unhealthy BMI, someday this jerk will be one of those people he so despises...I wish him a speedy trip.

thanks for the laugh! Too funny that he's such a whiner, but you have to love the flawed logic.

but unfortunately, so many people are horrified by obese people, espeically since we seem to be the last socially acceptable group to discriminate against.

I'm a pagan, but even I now judge not, lest ye be judged. The tiny little frail man needs our sympathy.

yeah, i replied to him as well (which is really all he wanted... attention.)

"I feel sorry for you. You are much worse off than the people you judge.

That said… I also know you are not an empathetic person and will not be able to understand that.

It must be hard living a life where you have to degrade and taunt others just to amuse yourself. It says a lot about who you are and what a small life you lead.

You just couldn’t wait to have people comment on what you wrote. That is why you were so melodramatic and long-winded. You wanted a reaction. You wanted someone to talk to. So, you wrote something inflammatory. Else, you would have kept it to yourself.

I feel bad for you… so full of hate."

He's a sad person...

http://www.youhavebeenjudged.com/?p=17

I just wanted to get another side of it, this guy typically makes a lot of sense and is open to people putting in their 2 cents. If it is wrong someone should say it.

After reading this guys article I find him to be an amazingly ignorant, unfeeling "human being". I especially got a kick out of his lengthy dissertation about McDonalds omitting the Super size. How friggin' stupid can a person be than to have nothing more to write about than that? Stay home and cook a meal asshole.

And as another person said, maybe you should do some research before you go spouting off at the mouth. WIC, not only is for women and children, but with WiC they are required to get only healthy food. As I sold in Farmer's Markets this summer, WIC coupons were only good for fresh veggies. Stick that up your skinny little ass.

Get a life jerk. Hopefully when you croak, you'll go to a hell where there are only overweight people. And let me tell you, 99% of them are a helluva lot nicer than you.

Here's my response. I felt he needed some corresponding articulate argument.

You're entitled to your opinion and you've clearly stated it here. However, you've discredited yourself by offering guestimates and assumptions rather than cold hard facts.

When you discussed the societal issues in the first couple of paragraphs you assumed that obesity or some sort of lack of self control is the CAUSE of many of society's failings. Without going into an entire debate on the subject, obesity is only a small drop in the bucket of a dysfunctional society.

First, I'd like to address the causes of obesity besides the obvious overeating and inactive lifestyle. There are numerous studies that have shown that chronic overeating and food addiction are diagnoses as legitimate as nicotine, alcohol or heroin addiction. This is not a simple case of lack of self control. Would you say the same thing of a smoker or an alcoholic who goes through withdrawal? Or a drug addict who is seeking his next "fix" because his mind and body literally crave that substance? The only difference is that individuals who are addicted to food CANNOT live without food. They must somehow learn to live with their addiction by ingesting smaller quantities of the addicted item versus the abstinence methods of alcoholics or drug addicts.

The examples of how your life has been inconvenienced, in my opinion, do not hold up. In general, food prices have gone up due to production, processing and serving costs. It has nothing to do with the fact that the obese have decided to protest against "super sizing" or use any kind of public assistance programs. It's the nature of our economy. Insurance rates are high due to increasing health care costs. That's, in part, due to an aging population as well as those individuals who have lead unhealthy lifestyles such as smokers as well as the obese. Those individuals who have opted for surgery (whether it's on the dime of the insurance or not) have opted to improve their health therefore saving the insurance untold amounts of treatments for hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, sleep apnea and various other obesity related illnesses. OH, and by the way, weight loss surgery is NOT the easy ticket you seem to assume it is. For it to be successful, the patient MUST participate and make permanent lifestyle changes.

It's prejudices against the obese like this that have only perpetuated the disease. Continued discrimination causes these individuals to become more depressed, therefore withdraw from society and ultimately eat more to comfort themselves. Whether the individual is 50lbs overweight or 200lbs overweight, they're still obese and prejudices like this hurt. If that's your goal, you've certainly stirred up a lot of emotion.