Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much energy will have have after?

I will have my surgery on March 1 (yay!). I come home on March 4. My friend got tickets to The Bachelor, After the Final Rose and invited me to go (woo hoo!) on March 11. I want to go so bad! It is 1 hour away and I'm not sure how long we'd have to wait in line. What is your experience with energy level that soon after surgery? Think I'd be able to handle it?

I'm pre-op so I can't give much advice but I'm so jealous you'll be going to the after the rose ceremony! lol :)

I'm pre-op so I can't give much advice but I'm so jealous you'll be going to the after the rose ceremony! lol :)

Haha! I know, right? So much fun and I don't want to miss it! :). When is your procedure? I just started the pre op diet and ...oh my, this is going to be a loooooong 2 weeks!

I've gone to the shooting of an episode before but the final episode would be way more fun! lol I have my surgery this Thursday, the 21st. My doctor didn't put me on any diet or even tell me to watch what I eat but since everyone on here is on one I put myself on my own pre-op diet lol

For the first two weeks after surgery I had a TON of energy. Just make sure to keep taking your Multivitamins and keep up with your B12s and Iron.< /p>

I think day 10 post op you should be ok. I went back to work as a nurse at clinic on day 6 post-op..... naps were my friend but I am sure you will be ok!!

I am sure you will be fine just stay hydrated. If you don't you will be very tired.

For the first two weeks after surgery I had a TON of energy. Just make sure to keep taking your Multivitamins and keep up with your B12s and Iron.

I'm the same as delta girl. I'm not even two weeks out yet and today I walked 4 miles. On top of what she said make sure you're staying hydrated and meeting your Protein goals. I say go for it!

Roxanne, you go girl! Thanks for the info everyone. I'm going to plan on going! Maybe I'll even be a few pounds down by then between the pre op diet and 11 days post op. Crossing my fingers. :)

Roxanne, you go girl! Thanks for the info everyone. I'm going to plan on going! Maybe I'll even be a few pounds down by then between the pre op diet and 11 days post op. Crossing my fingers. :)

Oh hon, you will be way more than a few pounds down. :) I didn't start out all that high and the weight is flying off of me. You'll do great!

You should be fine, like others I went back to work about 10 days out. Be sure and pack tons of Water if you have to stand in line and appropriate food for your stage on the plan, Protein shakes or if you are on soft foods yogurt.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Roxanne, you didn't have a huge amount to lose either? I have 60 to lose to get to a comfortable weight. Not skinny, but good for my height. So, I will still possibly lose a good amount in the beginning? I'm so excitied! I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure and those started about 30 pounds ago, so I'm hoping to be off that stuff pretty quickly, but have heard the less you have to losenthenslower it comes off mso, I'm hoping to be 60 pounds less by Christmas. How much did you lose in the first month?

Nope, not a huge amount. Honestly the thinnest I ever was and I looked DAMN good at that weight is 170. The doc expects me to easily get to 150. I am 216 as of this morning and I was 238 before I started my preop diet on Jan 22nd. Since I'm OCD and track everything - here are my weekly stats since then if you're curious: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtW90JQQyIegdG1wZFpQemNDZTkxR1lodDRzdnoyaEE. The most awesome is the craaazy loss of inches. For fun I measured my waist this morning and since Wednesday I've lost another inch off my waist! It's completely and utterly worth it.

roxannez,

I love hearing positive stories like yours! I am about the same as you starting out. I am having nothing but positive thoughts about my surgery which is on March 8th.

I will have my surgery on March 1 (yay!). I come home on March 4. My friend got tickets to The Bachelor, After the Final Rose and invited me to go (woo hoo!) on March 11. I want to go so bad! It is 1 hour away and I'm not sure how long we'd have to wait in line. What is your experience with energy level that soon after surgery? Think I'd be able to handle it?

Sumsuz68

I just noticed we have the same surgeon. I have heard good things! How did you decide on him?