Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to vent about this sucky pre op diet

OMG you can eat salad? i would kill for something solid in my mouth. Wanna switch diets? lol

I can eat lean mean and raw veggies are free! Ive eaten raddishes for breakfast! LOL I over ate a few times but never anything that wasn't on my sheet

Wanna bet? Try 20 days of liquids.. it can be worse :) Protein drinks...with Greek yogurt (yuck) SF Jello or broth if I'm still hungry. I'm ready for something different in my mouth...something crunchy.. even lettuce lol

That's horrible and I've seen worse! One lady on here cab only have 5 glasses of milk a day for 30 days!!!! I had one week of 2 shakes and one small meal. I've broken those small meals in to 2 and probably over did it....my sheet says 1-2 a day can have low fat cottage cheese, string cheese or lean meat. No quantities! I've eaten too much I am sure but I have lost about 10lbs because I am not eating many carbs

I am allowed liquids only' date=' pudding, Soups, Protein drinks (which I get at costco and they are pretty good), greek yogurt with sugar free preserves, lentil Soup, sugar free popsicles and broth, its not bad, I did forget to puree my Soups sometimes. surgery is monday, nervous as hell.[/quote']

Mine is Monday too! Good luck!

My sister told me to try the ice thing so Ill have to do that. I haven't tried the two you mentioned... I have unjry chicken broth and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored... I haven't tried the unflavored but the chicken one is so gross to me. I bought Isopure and they are disgusting too. I think I'm allergic to healthy food lol. I wish I could have like a bunch of samples instead of buying this big huge bottles and wasting them :/ I know this is stuff im going to need after surgery too and its tough when it all makes me want to vomit.

Your surgery place doesn't have samples? Mine sells them for $2.75 each

Wanna bet? Try 20 days of liquids.. it can be worse :) Protein drinks...with Greek yogurt (yuck) SF Jello or broth if I'm still hungry. I'm ready for something different in my mouth...something crunchy.. even lettuce lol

I start Monday - a 30 day liquid diet right now I'm optimistic as I put myself here for the years of eating to much - it's one step closer to my ultimate goal!

Jesus. I'm starting to feel quite lucky after reading about all these crappy pre op diets.

I don't do mine until beginning of march, but mine is a five day clear liquid diet. Will suck emensely, I'm sure.

30 days liquid seems really excessive for its purpose, but I'm sure I'm sure they have their reasons.

I'm on a 14 day, 4 shakes with skim milk and other sugar free liquids diet. So far so good, I'm 4 days in. Seeing the scale move, and keeping my energy up has been the main parts for me. I'm still doing cardio, keeping busy, and trying to not think about food. I went to Target the other day, and my mouth started watering at the site of fruits and veggies...I knew right away something was wrong, haha.

Also, Muscle Milk, in my opinion, is really bad in Water, but with skim milk, or milk at all, it's not too bad. Monster Milk is tons better.

Premier Protein has several pre mixed, ready to drink shakes. I get mine at Sam's. I put them in the freezer until they get soft frozen. They are good. I hope you do well and find something that works for you

My surgery is on the 25th, too! I have made it a whole week watching all my co-workers eat pizza, burgers, and chocolate all week, and I didn't cheat at all! I don't know how I did it, but I still have one more week to go!

My pre-op consists of 5 Protein shakes a day, and all the broth, sugar-free Jello, sugar-free popsicles, and Water I care to eat. I like the chocolate Premier Protein at Sam's Club, but the vanilla is horrible. I tried adding banana extract, which wasn't bad, and mint extract, which didn't give it the taste I was hoping for. Any ideas on how to spice up the vanilla shakes, anyone?

I have to admit my pre-op diet has gone well. I can have eggs, salad, green veggies, I have two or three shakes a day. I track my food intake daily so I make sure Protein, calories are inline. I use My Fitness Pal to track my meals and it keeps track of protein, carbs, fats, weight. It is a very good tool. My surgery is 2/19 and I am ready. I am taking two weeks off work. I have not been posting very much but I hope to post more after surgery. The amount of weight I need to lose is not as important to me as becoming healthy. I am diabetic, have asthma, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, thyroid problems just to name a few. I started this journey last July and it seems like it has taken an eternity to get to this point.

I am so glad I found this ap. it is wonderful. It is great to read what others are going through and the progress made on this journey.