Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's get to know each other, shall we?

Hi there. I'm Jessica. I'm 36 years old, married and mom to a 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl. I'm at my highest weight, 265, and need to take control of my life. I have no motivation to diet and exercise and no self control. I've been on and off weight watchers for years! I'm ready to make a change and teach my kids what a healthy lifestyle is like. I'm terrified for the after effects of the surgery, the limitations, the nausea/puking, etc. most of all I'm afraid of the unknown. So glad I found this site!!

Hi new friends! I am Jenn and also have a similar story. I have been overweight since I was 6 years old. I don't remember what it feels like to be "normal" weight. This is my normal. I am 5'6" and am chasing surgery at close to my highest weight ever. I am 301 right now (highest was 326). I am 32 years old and have no comorbidities...yet. I should be able to submit to insurance the last week in May and they have a 24-48 hour approval time. Aiming for the end of May. I am a teacher, so much before late May is difficult. Right now I am playing phone tag with the psychologist that works with my surgeon. Hopefully I'll get my 2 appointments set up soon! I can't wait!!!!

Welcome Jenn! I am a teacher too! I could have had this done already. I am waiting for after the state tests. What insurance do you have? They mine through last week so I am waiting to hear back!

Good luck with everything!

Hi Erin and everyone!! Reading the OP post i to felt i was reading my thoughts my story. I am due to be sleeved May 14 this was delayed from April due to H pylori and possible GERD ( im getting a second endo) i have always yo yo dieted and have only been skinny once in my life and it lasted like 2 years i quickly gained back the 100+ pounds i lost, thanks to handy dandy diet pills!! My nut and surgeon are pushing the rny due to my high bmi (50) and my "binge eating" i don't feel comfortable and am trying my hardest to work on all these issues. It sad but I've come to realize that no matter what this will be an ongoing battle and at 25 i hope to have 70plus years to beat it!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am schedule to be sleeved on May 1. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I am ready though. I have not been over weight my entire life but the four years that I have been has been a battle. I quit smoking a four years ago, traded one addiction for another, and it has been a battle every since. I had lost a lot of weight two years ago however, I had a handsome baby boy and am back were I started. I glad to see so many other like myself. I have a great support system but sometimes if eel that I need to chat with people that are actually going through the process with me. May is a great month for us!!

Hello Everyone,

I feel anything I post about myself will be redundant, because so many of you share the same story as my own. I'm 50 years old and have been obese since my brain can remember. I did lose a 100 lbs in 2008 doing Atkins. It felt great and enjoyed life sooooo much more. Somehow, I lost control and gained every lb back. Maybe I was never really in control, hmmmm. I have Type II diabetes and have been on insulin for years. So tired of fighting this constant battle.

I am scheduled for SLEEVE ON 05.01.13. I just don't have it in me to give up. I pray every day The Lord show me the way. This might be IT.

Would love, and need, many supporters and willing to give support right back. Please add me as friend.

Cindy :)

I am due to be sleeved May 14 this was delayed from April due to H pylori and possible GERD ( im getting a second endo)

Njgurl19: what do they do to treat H pylori? And how do they find it? My surgeon made me do the test where they make you swallow the chalky junk and fizzy junk and they watch as it goes down your gullet (lol) but that's it. I was thinking of having them test for H pylori just in case.

Njgurl19: what do they do to treat H pylori? And how do they find it? My surgeon made me do the test where they make you swallow the chalky junk and fizzy junk and they watch as it goes down your gullet (lol) but that's it. I was thinking of having them test for H pylori just in case.

The test your talking about is a swallow test. For hpylori and endoscopy can tell you, a blood test or an inhaler test. If you are positive they give you so many antibiotics!! Like 7 a day for 20 days.

Hi everyone! My story is much the same... overweight most of my adult life. Lost/regained, rinse/repeat. I think I have some inner demons with food... I am currently exploring how I use my "ugly fat" body as a barrier, to avoid getting close to anyone. Still playing around with that one in my head!

I am in Iowa, the Des Moines area. I am using Dr. LaMasters through Iowa Health Weight Loss Clinic. I am 5'9" and started out this journey at 318, but am currently down to 280 or so. I am a single mom of two, a daughter who is 12 and my son who is 22 with Asperger's so he is still home.

I am a May Day Baby! May 1st for me! Glad to be on board!

Oh, and I had to take the h. pylori test on Tuesday. I had to swallow some sour stuff they tried to pass off as "lemonaid". Then I had to blow air into a bag. Then 15 minutes later, had to blow air again. That's it. No PPIs for 7 days before, and nothing by mouth an hour before test. Hope that helps some!

Hello Everyone' date='

I feel anything I post about myself will be redundant, because so many of you share the same story as my own. I'm 50 years old and have been obese since my brain can remember. I did lose a 100 lbs in 2008 doing Atkins. It felt great and enjoyed life sooooo much more. Somehow, I lost control and gained every lb back. Maybe I was never really in control, hmmmm. I have Type II diabetes and have been on insulin for years. So tired of fighting this constant battle.

I am scheduled for SLEEVE ON 05.01.13. I just don't have it in me to give up. I pray every day The Lord show me the way. This might be IT.

Would love, and need, many supporters and willing to give support right back. Please add me as friend.

Cindy :)[/quote']

Hi Cindy! You must be getting excited! Do you have to do a pre-op diet? I keep looking at all the paperwork and it just doesn't seem real yet.

Hi Cindy! You must be getting excited! Do you have to do a pre-op diet? I keep looking at all the paperwork and it just doesn't seem real yet.

I am very excited to be honest. I was very scare when I had scheduled the Lap-Band, twice, because I knew in my heart the sleeve was the right thing for me but the band was cheeper. Now that I have bitten the bullet and going for the sleeve I don't feel scared at all. I am nervous though.

I start my 3 week pre-op diet on 04.09. That's the part I'm scared of because it is pretty strict and I want to be as compliant as I can. The third week I'm on liquids only, sheeeesh! I think I can get through it knowing it's temporary though. Just gonna say lots of prayer.

I went through all the paperwork and prep before so I know what your going through. I hope you get a date soon.

Hey All,

I'm Jen and weigh 239.8. I started this process October 3, 2012. I quit smoking 12/26 my 37th birthday. I am going through Kaiser so I have almost jumped through all the hoops. Surgery scheduled for 5/13 and just a blood test and nicotine test left to go.

I go back and forth between being scared and confident on my decision for the sleeve (as most of us do.)

2 biggest reasons for surgery other than the obvious: lower back pain and I am a confident women as long as I am not in front of a reflective surface:)

My family and most of my friends have been extremely supportive.

I let work know today and while I haven't got a response yet I imagine they will be supportive after they get over me needing time off.

I look forward to the support of this group and getting to know everyone!

JenMac

Hey All' date='

I'm Jen and weigh 239.8. I started this process October 3, 2012. I quit smoking 12/26 my 37th birthday. I am going through Kaiser so I have almost jumped through all the hoops. Surgery scheduled for 5/13 and just a blood test and nicotine test left to go.

I go back and forth between being scared and confident on my decision for the sleeve (as most of us do.)

2 biggest reasons for surgery other than the obvious: lower back pain and I am a confident women as long as I am not in front of a reflective surfacMy family and most of my friends have been extremely supportive.

I let work know today and while I haven't got a response yet I imagine they will be supportive after they get over me needing time off.

I look forward to the support of this group and getting to know everyone!

JenMac[/quote']

Haha....I so hate reflective anything! Forces me to really see me....the whole me. I can't even imagine being happy to look in a mirror! Glad you're getting support. I was more worried about asking for time off than anything! How sad is that? Oh well.....if we're healthy, we'll be better employees :-) Good luck and congratulations!!!!

I am Beth, totally new to the site. I am 28, and the biggest reason I am doing this is because I have been suffering for a long time with Intracranial Hypertension, which causes some really awful neurological side effects. I am also looking forward to leading a healthier life, and hopefully avoiding the diabetes and heart disease that plagues the women in my family.

I haven't told anyone except for my family that I am having the sleeve done. I am waiting for my date right now , all I know is that it will be in May!

I am feeling so much excitement as it creeps closer.

I wish everyone luck!