Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG...psych eval freak out!

So I got to my appt today to review my psych eval, which was compromised of a chatty visit and then a visit where I took two multiple choice tests (MCMI 3 and then something specific to bariatric surgery). The doc says the bariatric specific test was fine, showed I was a good candidate, compliant, blah blah blah. But he was very concerned about the other test results...at this point, I am puzzled, because I had revealed to him ahead of time that I have anxiety and OCD tendencies...what could be worse?

He tells me that the test indicates I am bipolar and have schizoaffective disorder! I start to really freak out. He is asking me lots of questions and none of it makes sense to me at all, I start crying. Then the secretary knocks on the door and runs over and whispers to him and hands him something... She had put the WRONG TEST in my file! :blink:

He was very professional and apologized profusely. And went through my actual results, which only showed my anxiety and obsessive compulsive tendencies, and said I was a great candidate. I had such a crazy adrenaline surge and it was such a roller coaster, I have a pounding headache now and feel like crap! So relieved that I am a good candidate, but DANG!

The only good part was that the test coversheet (on the wrong test) said I was 22, and somehow he believed that was possible (I am actually 32)! Ha!

OMG! Nothing like a stress test with your psych eval! Lol

Right???

I asked him if he could just sign off on my cardiac clearance too, since we know my heart is strong enough. If that didn't give me a heart attack, nothing will! ;)

flmama - that is a horrible experience, but I LOVE that you found something positive to take away! If he thought you were 22 before the surgery, you are going to look like 12 after the surgery! I'm so glad they straightened it out!

Awwww, thanks Annie! I do tend to be a glass half full kinda girl! :)

Right???

I asked him if he could just sign off on my cardiac clearance too, since we know my heart is strong enough. If that didn't give me a heart attack, nothing will! ;)

Hilarious!!! Glad the outcome was a good one!

That's horrible - but funny too (sorry) thanks for sharing.

You'll probably be telling that story for years!!!!! Glad to know you are sane! :)

I considered telling me hubs I was crazy! But figured that wouldn't get me out of laundry or cooking duties. ;)

thats the only test im waiting on im dreading it I know this is for me but for a long long time I found it hard to express myself to be heard and listen to so your story brought a smile to my face, il think of this when im having mine

thats the only test im waiting on im dreading it I know this is for me but for a long long time I found it hard to express myself to be heard and listen to so your story brought a smile to my face, il think of this when im having mine

Don't dread it Annabelle! It was really NO big deal at all...other than the temporary misdiagnosis. ;)

This made me laugh (sorry!) ...I can only imagine how stressed you were, plus you were probably asking yourself "am I really THAT crazy?" Lol. I still haven't recieved my results from my psych eval (I had it done in Nov) so, I'm gonna go with no news is good news, right?

I never got any results either. He just talked to me for a few minutes, said "good luck" & charged me a co-pay! I got my surgery though! Lol.....who knows...maybe their watching me & plotting my capture!! ROFL!

I never got any results either. He just talked to me for a few minutes, said "good luck" & charged me a co-pay! I got my surgery though! Lol.....who knows...maybe their watching me & plotting my capture!! ROFL!

LMAO!!!! :lol: that literally made me LOL.

I am a psych tech in a mental hospital...and I can tell you that if the same person is interviewed by 10 different psychologists or psychiatrists that patient will have 10 different diagnosis. I think it's hilarious! It's just one big crap shoot! Lol

Glad to know you are a good candidate! :)