Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Took my run outside Monday and loved it until I started hurting in my right hip area. I think I pulled a muscle so it's been the stationary bike for the rest of this week. The pain is finally starting to go away today. I'm hoping by Monday I can go back to my running. I have a women's conference this weekend so I'm sure I'll get lots of steps in walking around.

Anybody ever have their foot swell up for no reason? My right foot and ankle are swollen like I twisted my ankle but I haven't and no pain. Left foot is totally normal. Wacky. I do have tendon damage in that ankle from a lifetime of injuries' date=' but nothing fresh b[/quote']

Ouch....I have no idea but I would definitely use some ice if it's swollen. Are you sure it's not a bug bite or perhaps a blood clot? Both of those usually involve a fair amount of pain but I'm just naming stuff off the top of my head that might make it swell. Perhaps you did cause trauma but didn't realize it. R.I.C.E.

Week 9 day 3 done! If I was doing couch to 5k I would have graduated today but I still have 6 weeks left! Those 20-minute runs are getting easier and I only had 2 minutes to recover this time. Next week the intervals get shorter but so do the recovery periods, and total time running goes up.

Week 9 day 3 done! If I was doing couch to 5k I would have graduated today but I still have 6 weeks left! Those 20-minute runs are getting easier and I only had 2 minutes to recover this time. Next week the intervals get shorter but so do the recovery periods' date=' and total time running goes up.[/quote']

Keep up the awesome work. I've kind of stalled but your encouraging me to keep at it!

Looks like this thread picks up a couple of newbies here and there... Here I am Week 1 Day 2!!! Ready to join in the ranks! You guys are inspiring!

Great. Welcome aboard. Good luck.

Welcome aboard to all the newbies!

Yesterday my swelling increased to both feet and shins. I was getting worried. This morning it's all gone and I dropped 2 kg overnight! Can you say Water weight? If I still had my ovaries I would blame my cycle.

I'm girding my mental loins so I can get started on this. Do most of you do it in a gym or outside? I am wondering if one needs of measure speed, distance, incline etc or just put on your shoes, plug in your headphones and just go?

I'm girding my mental loins so I can get started on this. Do most of you do it in a gym or outside? I am wondering if one needs of measure speed' date=' distance, incline etc or just put on your shoes, plug in your headphones and just go?[/quote']

Really, just put on your shoes and start it. You can repeat days or weeks as long as you like to work up endurance and skill. Might I suggest investing in a good pair of running shoes and ear buds. I started with doing most of my running on treadmill for about 8 months.racked up the distance (average 20+ miles a week). Now I run mostly outside on pavement and not nearly the distances (1-3 miles up to 5x a week). It is probably not the most ideal running environment, but that is the way it is for now as I run as part of cross fit training. I find running to be enjoyable and relaxing in a way. I think you might too, but you won't know until you get out there and start practicing. Good luck!

I'm girding my mental loins so I can get started on this. Do most of you do it in a gym or outside? I am wondering if one needs of measure speed' date=' distance, incline etc or just put on your shoes, plug in your headphones and just go?[/quote']

With the c25k app, you just need to follow it's instructions. Put on the headphones and it will tell you when to walk and when to run. I did all of mine outside. I preferred the track back then so I could just worry about putting one foot in front of the other ....and not worry about where I was going or how far. After a while though the track gets boring.

I think many people do it on treadmills....but to me, the whole beauty of running is to get outside and cover a distance. Being in texas....you'll have decent weather for the next 6 months at least. This is the time of year I started as well....this time last year in fact....perfect time because you will not have to worry about the heat for quite a while.

Thank you guys for the advice. I'm so excited at the thought if being able to run some day

I'm using the c25k App and runtastic App at same time so I get feedback and tracking of my steps, length of sessions etc. I use free versions

Finished w5d3 and did 20 mins straight, WOW that was an increase but surprise surprise, it was doable!

I'm kinda shocked. My husband says it's the first time he's ever seen me sweat. I told him next time I'd turn the lights on :)

Thank you for all the inspiration! Even if I don't make it all the way through, I started, and that's better than I've done before.

post-63417-13813670383247_thumb.jpg

Everyone is doing so awesome! Great to see new faces in here!

Getting back on the program after being sick all week. I ran 45 min straight last Sunday, so it'll be interesting to see how well I do tomorrow morning. Also, so excited that I'm going to be meeting a new running buddy for the first time. We met through a Facebook group for half marathon training. She's a little bit faster, but I can run further so I hope we'll be able to help each other.