Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

I finished my C25K program yesterday. I am so thankful that I figured out how to get rid of the nagging knee pain that I've been having at the end of my runs. The 30min run was pretty easy. My plan now is to add 1 min on every run until I'm up to running 3 miles. I think my pace will put me around 40 min. It's amazing that even though I shortened my stride to get rid of the knee pain' date=' my pace has improved because I increased my cadence. I don't feel like I'm struggling to run faster either. I'm really not trying to set any personal records or anything. I just want to be able to run the whole way.

My next 5K is the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run. My first 5K ever (in 2009) was the Royal Family 5K Disney run. I love the Disney runs.[/quote']

I like your plan. Maybe I should try that. I would live to do a Disney run someday. That has been on my bucket list.

Thanks to this thread and the "100 mile challenge" thread, I've decided to train for a half marathon. My plan is to continue adding a minute to my run time every day until my 5K on Oct 5th, then use the Bridge to 10K app to get me to a 10K distance by the first of December (going to sign up for the Phinley's Holiday 10K in Clearwater, FL. Then I have 12 weeks until the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I think I can, I think I can.... Anyone want to join me? :)

I just googled "songs with 180bpm" and I got several lists including this one....

http://running.about.com/od/musicforrunning/a/Running-Songs-At-180-Bpm.htm

But now the cadence is automatic with me so I can listen to anything I enjoy' date=' but in the beginning having that music to run with was a great help. My feet would run with the music no matter the song.[/quote']

There are a few good apps for finding songs by BPM or apps that adjust your songs by speeding them up:

RockMyRun. If you register it lets you get running mixes up to 45 minutes. It has them organized by BPM.

Cruise Control. Changes the tempo of existing songs in your library to match the pace that you specify.

AudioStep. Changes the tempo of existing songs in your library to match the pace that you specify. I haven't tried this one out.

Thanks to this thread and the "100 mile challenge" thread' date=' I've decided to train for a half marathon. My plan is to continue adding a minute to my run time every day until my 5K on Oct 5th, then use the Bridge to 10K app to get me to a 10K distance by the first of December (going to sign up for the Phinley's Holiday 10K in Clearwater, FL. Then I have 12 weeks until the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I think I can, I think I can.... Anyone want to join me? :)[/quote']

Check out www.halhigdon.com. He has some great half marathon training plans. Once you can run a 5K you are ready to jump into his novice plan. It worked great for me on my first half. Good luck to you. A half marathon is a great goal.

Check out www.halhigdon.com. He has some great half marathon training plans. Once you can run a 5K you are ready to jump into his novice plan. It worked great for me on my first half. Good luck to you. A half marathon is a great goal.

I was just looking at his site! :) Thanks for the info!

I'm also running the half marathon for a charity (TAPS, a non-profit that provides assistance to those that have suffered the loss of a military loved one). I posted my link on Facebook a few hours ago and I've already met my first fundraising goal ($500). My company is also matching donations up to $1,000, so I raised my goal to $2,000. I am so excited!

Just finished W5D2 barely. Now, is there something wrong with my app or am I really supposed to run for 20 minutes straight on my next session? I mean, how did we go from running 8 minutes to 20!!! LOL

I just finished w3 and I know I need to keep doing it because I struggle on my last three minute. I can do it, but I really struggle. I'm afraid to move on to five minutes

Just finished W5D2 barely. Now' date=' is there something wrong with my app or am I really supposed to run for 20 minutes straight on my next session? I mean, how did we go from running 8 minutes to 20!!! LOL[/quote']

I'll be honest, I remember seeing that and thinking WTF? My first attempt at 20 minutes I intentionally ran 10 minutes then walked for 30 seconds, then did 10 more. Second attempt I ran 15 minutes, walked 30 seconds, then ran the other 5. Third attempt I finally made it. But I just couldn't see making that huge jump so I broke it up in stages and it worked well for me.

I just finished w3 and I know I need to keep doing it because I struggle on my last three minute. I can do it' date=' but I really struggle. I'm afraid to move on to five minutes[/quote']

Nothing wrong with repeating a week if you feel you need to. But I'd give w4d1 a try first because you might surprise yourself. Either way, you're well on your way to being a runner so no need to be afraid. You won't fail unless you quit. It took me 12 weeks to do the 8 week program and I see no shame in it.

I had the flu last week so misses day 2 and 3 of week 7. I'm redoing week 7 this week. No big deal, it will just take me 10 weeks instead of 9. I love this program because I didn't have to feel guilty or feel like I've screwed up so might as well throw in the towel.

OMG, the 20 minute run was the toughest! I've done the C25K program 3 times (due to injuries and surgery) and each time I had to repeat that day 3 times before I could make it through it. Just don't give up and slow your pace if you have to.

I finished the program and am adding a minute every run. I'm up to 34 minutes of running and feel like I could probably do more, but don't want to add mileage too fast and get injured (had that happen way to many times!). Planning on starting Bridge to 10K in a few weeks. First day is run 10 min walk 1 min repeat 4 times.

Anyone else planning on progressing to 10K after you're done with the 5K program?

I made it through my run after nearly a week off. It went fine! Mostly a mental game.

Dee, I do plan to train for the 10k because the other times I have finished the 5k training I had trouble staying motivated afterward.

What app is it!?

I really wanna try this!!

Does it come with music too?

thx

What app is it!?

I really wanna try this!!

Does it come with music too?

thx

It is called c25k, you need to provide your own music. I just use Pandora and if just runs over it. Good luck, it is a great app to get us Non runners started... And addicted!

Ive been slacking and took the last two weeks off :( gettin back on it today. Ill probably bump back to W3D1 and repeat a couple