Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Someone tell me to get my fat ass up off the couch and do the treadmill in my shoes that make Amy's look even better than they are :P

Get your ass off the couch and get to stepping.

Get your ass off the couch and get to stepping.

Thank you butter! Signing off now and will post AFTER I'm done!

Oh...and half size too big isn't a bad thing in running shoes. Prevents dead toe nails.

Ok, I walk at a good pace and so it's not a Cto5k thing. But, it doesn't matter what size or type of shoe I wear and even while hiking or biking my food slides to the end and I end up with purple and black toe nails. I don't have narrow feet, but I do have narrow heals. What can I do?

Someone tell me to get my fat ass up off the couch and do the treadmill in my shoes that make Amy's look even better than they are :P

Get moving on that treadmill!!!

Get moving on that treadmill!!!

Ok slave driver I'm done! I'm sweaty and feel like I'm going to puke 0.0

I don't think I'm ever going to get past week one.. Oh and I walk on my toes so running is really hard!

Just getting on the treadmill regularly is great progress! Try walking a little slower and like bean says, march in place, until you get a solid land on the middle of your foot. Think about relaxing when you walk at a slower speed. Feel the warmth as life flows through you. That is what I like most about exercising, that magic point when the warmth starts to flow and heats you up.

I just started week 2 today and it is crazy how easy it is getting. I thought I would die day 1 and even had to skip one running segment, second day got better, and I was starting to love it day 3. After I was done today I went and got on the eliptical just for kicks. I cant believe I am talking about myself. It's amazing what 30 lbs gone will do for you!!!

Lisa how's it going with you?

I am finally getting started again. Just did week 3 day 1 this afternoon. It feels soooo good to be back on the road to a long healthy life again. Everyone is so encouraging and I'm loving the motivation!

Keep it up!

Ok' date=' I walk at a good pace and so it's not a Cto5k thing. But, it doesn't matter what size or type of shoe I wear and even while hiking or biking my food slides to the end and I end up with purple and black toe nails. I don't have narrow feet, but I do have narrow heals. What can I do?[/quote']

My first thought is....how long are your toenails? I keep mine very very short because I wear steel toe boots at work. If I don't keep them trimmed they will hurt by the end of the shift. Perhaps yours are a bit longish and hitting the ends of your shoes.

Ok' date=' I walk at a good pace and so it's not a Cto5k thing. But, it doesn't matter what size or type of shoe I wear and even while hiking or biking my food slides to the end and I end up with purple and black toe nails. I don't have narrow feet, but I do have narrow heals. What can I do?[/quote']

Try changing the way you lace your shoes. I use the lace lock at the top of the shoe, but there are others that might work better for you. My running shoe guru where I bought my shoes showed me what I needed based on my foot. Here's the method that I use: http://walking.about.com/od/shoes/ss/shoelacingtofit.htm.

I don't know if this will help you, or as a woman, you want to hear it. I agree with BTB about the toe nails, but have an anecdote as well. When I went on a hike once that was 6000 foot gain, I had a very long toenail. In my hiking boots! Crazy I know, but I got lazy and it was back in my days when I was not so concerned about it. By the time I got back from the hike, it was painful as well as black and blue. A few days later it fell off. My toe was in pain for a while after that and butt ugly without a toenail. I know as a woman who appreciates her beauty and attractiveness, you will not like having her toe without a toenail even if long painted toe nails are sexy and attractive. The best thing to do is keep the foot pedicured and toe nails short to prevent this from happening as a runner or jogger. It would happen to guys too so not just a feminine issue. However, I think I am safe that most men are not Mindful about the attractiveness of their toe nails. No offense to anyone on that.

I don't think many woman keep long toenails??

I could be wrong.... But I always have them cut mine down short as possible when I get my pedicures..

On that note I went and got a cheap pair of cross trainers today. I'm sure anything will be better than what I was wearing. And John if you read this quit laughing! :P

I could be wrong.... But I always have them cut mine down short as possible when I get my pedicures..

On that note I went and got a cheap pair of cross trainers today. I'm sure anything will be better than what I was wearing. And John if you read this quit laughing! :P

Good for you Laura. I'm glad you got them.

I keep picturing you running on your treadmill with 5" heels on. :)